• 6(current)
Overclocking Pi 2
sdram_freq can be tweaked further buy increasing
over_voltage_sdram
on pi one I can hir 600 for sdram with over voltage(sdram) 4
also you can try
avoid_pwm_pll=1
which will free the core_freq and you can try higher, I get 550(core_freq) for pi1

I don't know if these will help with pi2, but looks like a nice performance increase
(2015-02-16, 08:36)Dimitriss Wrote: arm_freq=1000
sdram_freq=500
core_freq=500
over_voltage=1
gpu_mem=320
force_turbo=1

Without any issues for 5 days.
The above was definitely not stable on my Pi2, which while fine during initial usage would crash/hang overnight.

Bumped it up to over_voltage=2 like raspi-config recommends and it's been fine for a week.
Information 
I ordered the 16GB Samsung SDcard from Amazon UK. I used a 3rd party reseller. It's the same image and info used I think for all sellers of a products, so I did not consider that I bought it from a different "source.

Here is what came in a plastic envelope:

My question is: Is this how Samsung ships their SDCards, or is this a fake ?

Here's the backside of the card if it helps:

I don't have a linux system so I can't easily benchmark the card, or can I ? (I use Windows8.1 and OSX)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2015-03-02, 20:57)pike Wrote: I ordered the 16GB Samsung SDcard from Amazon UK. I used a 3rd party reseller. It's the same image and info used I think for all sellers of a products, so I did not consider that I bought it from a different "source.

I don't have a linux system so I can't easily benchmark the card, or can I ? (I use Windows8.1 and OSX)

I too, bought this same card (same part number) from amazon.ca (through a discout reseller) and was packaged like this...

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00CFOOO...ge_o00_s00

Some excellent testing information (for Windows and on the RPi itself) here...

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...=63&t=4076
(2015-03-02, 20:57)pike Wrote: I don't have a linux system so I can't easily benchmark the card, or can I ? (I use Windows8.1 and OSX)

If you are running OE on a Pi, then you can run flash-bench.
Not sure how accurate it is (currently I've only seen high numbers from fast cards - I'd feel a bit more confident if a few low scores were posted), but it's worth a sanity check.
@pike: both my samsung EVO cards came properly sealed in a plastic "card".
(2015-03-02, 20:57)pike Wrote: I ordered the 16GB Samsung SDcard from Amazon UK. I used a 3rd party reseller. It's the same image and info used I think for all sellers of a products, so I did not consider that I bought it from a different "source.

Here is what came in a plastic envelope:

Here's the backside of the card if it helps:

That reeks of being a fake SD card. TBH I only buy things like SD cards over the counter these days, I have seen too many fakes coming from eBay and Amazon.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
@pike I got the same card, it came in a official sealed Samsung envelope, with a barcode and part number. I had to cut the cupboard to get the plastic case out which hold's the micro SD and adapter.

To save me posting a picture look at post #10 in this thread.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=218633
Yours looks suspect.
Tested on: i7, Windows 8.1, USB3 Sandisk reader.

Samsung 16GB:

Noobs 8GB:
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

will overclocking help with h.265? I don't intend to encode my rips to h.265 but did one and the video plays on the Pi2 but skips and the audio is out of sync. It would be nice to get it working do to the size and video quality.
1280x720p at approx 1.3Mbps is about the limit for h265 playback on the RPi2 using Turbo Overclock setting.

I'm testing this out...

arm_freq=1100
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=6
temp_limit=80
force_turbo=0
initial_turbo=45

I tried the over_voltage at 2 and 4, got random crashes on both settings. I set the initial_turbo to 45 to allow for booting, library updating and starting the Hyperion Ambilight. I have had some caching issues on very HQ videos, but that was down me using a Class 2 SD card.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2015-03-04, 03:21)pike Wrote: Tested on: i7, Windows 8.1, USB3 Sandisk reader.

Looks pretty good. I'd run a capacity test like h2testw just to be sure.

You may be seeing frustration free packaging. Although yours does look even more basic than the one in the video.
unbelievable how much useless videos are around *shaking head* Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I've been having some stuttering on my RPi2 (OE 5.0.5) on re-muxed BR rips. I'm testing two files which state their average bit-rate to be ~40 and 43Mbit/sec. The stuttering happens reliably, I presume because this bit-rate is an average, and there are spikes well above this (up to 70Mbit/sec I think).

Superficially this appears to be a network problem, in that if I set <buffermode>1</buffermode> in the advancedsettings.xml, with an increased read-ahead factor, the stuttering disappears. This does mean a few second delay when starting a movie, plus a warning about full the cache being full, both of which I'd rather avoid for WAF reasons.

With the stock OE install, I mounted the NFS volume and 'dd'd 800MB of the movie file to /dev/null, it gave me an average speed of 6Mbyte/sec. A NUC connected to the same network switch gives 21MB/sec in the same test (both well below what I'd expect, but more than likely not the bottleneck).

When playing the movies, bcmstat shows an average network Rx of 4.8-4.9MB/sec, with spikes above 5.0. Most of the time the CPU frequency stays at 600MHz.

An overclock to 1000/500/500/2 didn't seem to solve the problem, however if I

Code:
echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

to peg the CPU at full throttle, the stuttering goes away (i've disabled the cache/buffer in advancedsettings). bcmstat shows long stretches of average network Rx of in the region 5.5-6.0MB/sec. The 'dd' test gives an average of just under 7.0MB/sec.

So I'm going to leave the Pi running today pegged at 1GHz, to see if it's happy to stay there.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Overclocking Pi 22