• 18(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
I checked skin widget and it is configured to exclude unwatched and recently au-dedans. But you mean perhaps another widget ?
(2015-02-14, 22:36)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: I checked skin widget and it is configured to exclude unwatched and recently au-dedans. But you mean perhaps another widget ?

if you're talking about the addon service.skin.widgets, which it sounds like you are based on the above, that is not used in this version of arctic. go to where i specified in my last post and set the widget there.
(2015-02-14, 11:21)cink Wrote: any chance for mouse support?
Not officially but I'm sure it would work most places - I'll figure something out regarding the stealing focus thing on the the homescreen so it doesn't need to be disabled. However, I'm not going to work on specifically adding mouse support as it prevents from doing certain skinning tricks.

(2015-02-14, 12:20)DerGary1991 Wrote: 1. The Color i were using for Highlight2 is a an orange, because the red/pink highlight2 color of the default color bites itself with the grey background and the blue foreground of the dark dialogs so i searched for a better color and i think that the orange looks better but it's also not perfect.

2. Ok got why there is that space but I think it would look better. I attach 2 Screenshots then you can get an idea.
1. Oh I meant what was the actual hex code for the colour. I like it and was thinking of using it. Just realised I can just look at the PR and grab it from there....

2. It does look good but I'm sticking to my padding for consistency Tongue

(2015-02-14, 13:18)Jayz2K Wrote: That's just awesome ! I'm a real fan of your work. Always clean and polished design. I like the way you handle navigation ergonomy without loosing 1 point of style. Sticking to eminence since I use XBMC. It's time now to update to KODI and give this a try.
Thanks Big Grin

(2015-02-14, 14:00)josch Wrote: Amazing! Blush I really do like your art of skinning.

Any chance to get an option for showing the submenus in some kind of hubs when selecting movies or tv shows at the main menu? (Like in Eminence)
I know that there is already the possibility to blend in a simple submenu but I really do like the idea of putting this into an extra hub
which could also provide another widget (e.g. for recently added items) beside the submenu. This would be really outstanding.
Thanks. I've been thinking about this myself... I'm not 100% sure if its possible to pull the submenus into another window. Definitely will eventually provide hub options as its something I've found myself missing.

(2015-02-14, 14:08)tomoffel Wrote: looks like the extendenscript info thing is a problem on firetv, so i have to life with that for the moment.

jurial, can we have a view for the movies, that is like the widget view from the homescreen? with the info in the left bottom corner? that would be great,

btw. what is the Audiocodec info for DCA? It shows for some DTS files, but there is also a DTS tag?
Thats a shame about extendedinfo on the firetv.
A fullscreen view could be interesting, but it would break consistency. I'll have a think about this.
DCA stands for DTS Coherent Acoustics - its a DTS codec.

(2015-02-14, 15:50)hoopsdavis Wrote: Jurial, can you add the Cinema Experience option in the play movie menu?
I was wondering when someone would ask Tongue
Will do.

(2015-02-14, 17:28)drivesoslow Wrote: This skin is looking great. Any chance you'll be adding the up action to the home screen so you can see all the latest items like in Arctic II?
A different home screen is coming with the ability to view multiple items at once.

(2015-02-14, 21:12)magy77 Wrote: I really like this skin!

1. Cant activate this option: Show slideshow instead of fanart - its grey
2. Can i disable the Watch in the Fullscreenplayback?
3. Can you make the soundlayer in the menu too?
Thnx
1. You need to enable "use slideshow as default widget" and set the slideshow path before you can enable that - otherwise there wouldn't be a slideshow to show.
2. Huh Do you mean the clock? If so, no.
3. Yes, will do.

(2015-02-14, 23:10)furii Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 22:36)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: I checked skin widget and it is configured to exclude unwatched and recently au-dedans. But you mean perhaps another widget ?

if you're talking about the addon service.skin.widgets, which it sounds like you are based on the above, that is not used in this version of arctic. go to where i specified in my last post and set the widget there.
Yep what furii said -- skin uses service.library.data.provider for widgets.
You can set its options in Addons > Services > Library Data Provider
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-02-14, 23:55)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 23:10)furii Wrote:

Yep what furii said -- skin uses service.library.data.provider for widgets.
You can set its options in Addons > Services > Library Data Provider

Thanks, indeed, random was set on unplayed and unfinished only

This skin is really nice, Hope clearlogo will be back soon !
Is anyone running this skin on the new Raspberry Pi 2? If so, how does it perform?

I'm looking to replace my Cubox-i4Pro with the RPi 2 and use this skin.
(2015-02-15, 02:47)ssh_reconnect Wrote: Is anyone running this skin on the new Raspberry Pi 2? If so, how does it perform?

+1 also interested in this. little off-topic, but why do you replace a Cubox - shouldn't those 2 devices be almost identical in terms of performance?!
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
(2015-02-15, 03:02)freem@n Wrote: +1 also interested in this. little off-topic, but why do you replace a Cubox - shouldn't those 2 devices be almost identical in terms of performance?!

The Cubox is not supported as - or has following of - the RPi even though OE now has imx6 builds.

The main issues I have are the WiFi support - both the built-in one and USB dongles are atrociously slow - and it keeps crashing intermittently, though the new OE 5.0 builds have been more stable of late. I can't run the Cubox via ethernet given that the router is located on another floor!

In any case, I decided to cut my losses and ordered a RPi 2 yesterday to replace the Cubox and would love to run this skin on it!
(2015-02-15, 03:02)freem@n Wrote:
(2015-02-15, 02:47)ssh_reconnect Wrote: Is anyone running this skin on the new Raspberry Pi 2? If so, how does it perform?

+1 also interested in this. little off-topic, but why do you replace a Cubox - shouldn't those 2 devices be almost identical in terms of performance?!

I'm using the raspberry pi2 with this skin and it performs great, but actually the raspberry pi has enough performance to deal with almost every skin, even with experience1080 its a good performance (but maybe not the best Big Grin). I have testet a lot skins lately because i got the new pi2 and wanted to see how it copes with them and it performed really good even with skins like aeon and ace

I'm also interessted why you want to replace your cubox i4 pro with a raspberry pi2 in terms of specs the cubox is a lot faster then the raspberry pi2 and it has HEVC hardware acceleration (i think thats the biggest disadvantage of the raspberry pi2 because in the near future everything will be encoded with HEVC) And before you ask i tried HEVC on the pi2 but its not fast enough to decode the video in the cpu.

I use the pi2 because of the gpio pins (for my ambilight) and because its cheap, otherwise i would have bought a cubox (it should be faster and future-proof, or what is your problem with it?)
Thanks for letting me know about the skin's performance on the RPi2. Looking forward to continuing to use it.

In relation to the Cubox, the performance of the WiFi is the biggest issue followed by the (not so) intermittent crashes. It's not feasible to run cabling through the apartment and I don't want to spend money on a WiFi extender just to have an Ethernet port for the Cubox.

This comes down to the RPi family of devices having a huge following compared to the smaller Cubox community, so development for the latter is much, much slower.

I'll hold on to the Cubox with the hope that one day they fix the issue with the WiFi, because, as you said, the HEVC hardware acceleration is a nice feature.
Thanks Julrialmonkey, the wife veto'd every attempt I made to move off Artic when I went to helix so this is a very welcome move.

But either I am blind or its hidden somewhere, bu I can't find the quit/shutdown option anywhere
jurialmunkey,

Just wanted to report that in Helix 14.2-beta that is out for testing fixed something and now the extended info script on the FireTV works. So all is working great. Loving the skin.
(2015-02-15, 04:42)dalben Wrote: Thanks Julrialmonkey, the wife veto'd every attempt I made to move off Artic when I went to helix so this is a very welcome move.

But either I am blind or its hidden somewhere, bu I can't find the quit/shutdown option anywhere

You have to add it yourself using the custom action option, with the following action:

Code:
ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)
The "update library" function in the movie/tv submenu doesn't seem to work?
Is it possible to set artist slideshow also for the menu?
(2015-02-15, 09:07)deletedpenguin Wrote: The "update library" function in the movie/tv submenu doesn't seem to work?

For some reason I had the same issue. I just removed the item from the submenu and readded it myself and it seemed to start working. However it doesn't seem to want to work when I run Update library from inside any TV Shows/Movies screen. It says it's scanning the first source in my Video files (i.e E:\Movies 1) and then stops without actually adding anything to the library or scanning the other sources. It seems to be fine in other skins,

By the way are you planning on adding some Music based widgets at some point?

EDIT: And I'm hungover otherwise I'd have actually remembered to say.... Thank you very much for the skin! It's great using it so far! Tongue
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37