• 200(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
Hi

Love the skin, but one thing really bugs me. It's been mentioned before in this thread: the movie info dialog only shows one language flag, even on movies that have two audio tracks. Subtitle info is not showing at all for me, even though subtitles are definitely present. Any idea on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Love this skin!

However, lately i'm experiencing a bug(?) on different devices (android and windows).
When I launch Kodi, some text is missing from certain options (in the OSD, the widgets, the settings screen).
This is, however, fixed when I reload the skin through the option in the shutdown menu (this option is also blank).

I'm running the latest build from github.

Thanks for the help!
(2017-06-11, 00:39)leedrich Wrote: Hi
Firstly... awesome skin. The vest I've seen by far. Excellent work.
I apologise if this has been asked before, I've tried searching the 199 pages! Skin is far too good!

Is there a way to:
1. Make the home screen header transparent? i.e. give more visibility of the background wallpaper. Or turn it off in the same way you can show/hide header in the Furniture settings.
2. Remove the label (title) for the widget? (default widgets>playlists>Random Movies).

Once again great skin - work very appreciated.
Glad you like it.

I'm guessing you are using either Featured or Classic as your home screen.
You can turn off the header in the home settings.
Skin Settings > Home > Show Header (you have to scroll down to see it)

Currently no way to remove the label for the widget.

(2017-06-11, 10:00)chrispe Wrote: i asked it before but didn't get any answer, is there any chance to see weather and settings widgets from "fuse neue" skin to this one ?
No sorry. They are totally different skins and so have a different code base.

(2017-06-11, 15:06)pelfed Wrote: Love the plugin, especially the widgets. However have a small issue, when I go into a TV season (using the widget), all the episodes within the season display numbers instead of the episode name. I'm using Kodi 17.3 and the emby plugin.
Sorry I don't use emby so I don't know what the issue would be.

(2017-06-12, 15:24)esenterre Wrote: What an awesome skin for Kodi 17.3!
But I have only a problem. When I'm watching anything, TV, video, etc. If I try to go to my PVR Recordings, I don't get the usual screen. Instead. There's 2 lines saying "No informations​ available".
If I stop the video and go back to Recordings, it works fine.
I'm guessing you are using an android device? Android doesn't like having a small video window displayed. If you get the latest version of the skin from github and turn ON the show video in background setting this will fix it.
Skin Settings > Background > Show now playing video in the background (turn it on).

(2017-06-13, 22:04)awedor Wrote: Hi
Love the skin, but one thing really bugs me. It's been mentioned before in this thread: the movie info dialog only shows one language flag, even on movies that have two audio tracks. Subtitle info is not showing at all for me, even though subtitles are definitely present. Any idea on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Should be fixed on latest git version. Can you please test and confirm.

(2017-06-15, 21:33)FantasyGamer Wrote: Love this skin!

However, lately i'm experiencing a bug(?) on different devices (android and windows).
When I launch Kodi, some text is missing from certain options (in the OSD, the widgets, the settings screen).
This is, however, fixed when I reload the skin through the option in the shutdown menu (this option is also blank).

I'm running the latest build from github.
Thanks for the help!
I'm guessing you use profiles and the login screen? There is a bug in kodi when loading a profile from the login screen where the skin strings don't load properly - the only fix I know of is to ReloadSkin like you are currently doing. I'm hoping this gets fixed in Leia (it may have already been fixed, I haven't tried leia yet).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-06-16, 04:06)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-06-13, 22:04)awedor Wrote: Hi
Thanks
Should be fixed on latest git version. Can you please test and confirm.

Installed the Git version and it works, thanks!

Another thing I noticed:
There are some strings which are not translated to German, and are not available for translation at transifex, otherwise I would have just translated them.

Settings -> Skin-settings -> Main Menu ->
'Fallback widget'
'Limit number of items in widget'
'Replace widget fanart with background'
Settings -> Skin-settings -> Extras ->
'Use extended info for cast details in video info dialog'
Settings ->
The description texts of 'Configure interface settings', 'Configure library settings', 'Configure player settings'

Cheers
@awedor - unfortunately transifex is not currently being maintained by anyone so there isn't any way for me to upload or download new strings from there (and I don't have access personally) - its basically only for estuary and core now because that was setup with an automated system.
Any chance you'll add backup/restore?
Is there a way to have my tvheadend pvr channels come up as widgets like in estuary?
(2017-06-16, 04:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: [quote='leedrich' pid='2601217' dateline='1497134346']
Hi
Firstly... awesome skin. The vest I've seen by far. Excellent work.
I apologise if this has been asked before, I've tried searching the 199 pages! Skin is far too good!

Is there a way to:
1. Make the home screen header transparent? i.e. give more visibility of the background wallpaper. Or turn it off in the same way you can show/hide header in the Furniture settings.
2. Remove the label (title) for the widget? (default widgets>playlists>Random Movies).

Once again great skin - work very appreciated.
Glad you like it.

I'm guessing you are using either Featured or Classic as your home screen.
You can turn off the header in the home settings.
Skin Settings > Home > Show Header (you have to scroll down to see it)

Currently no way to remove the label for the widget.

** Me again **

Yes I am using 'Featured' Home Menu Style.
I don't have the option of Skin Settings > Home > Show Header (even if I scroll).
The only options I have under the home menu is: Customise home menu, Home menu style - Featured', Falback widget - none, Replace widget fan art with background - unchecked, Only display widgets when pressing up - unchecked, Show icons - unchecked, Show weather - greyed out.

The only place it mentions the header is under Furniture > Show header. Checked gives me the amount of titles I have, unchecked just gives me the plain (untransparent) bar.

Help!
Just wanted to say - this skin is by far the best skin I've used since I first installed Kodi back in 2011. What an awesome job, jurialmonkey. Keep it up!
Question about updating...

I'm currently using OpenElec 6.x (with Kodi 15.3; yaeh I know... and soon moving to LibreElec 8.x (with Kodi 17.3). In my current environment I have Artic: Zephyr as my skin. My question is as follows: how I should do the update process of the skin so that it retains my skin settings as much as possible?

The change itself from OE -> LE is expected to be pretty straightforward (if everything goes smoothly), but HOW about the KODI Skin with Artic Zephyr?

Any advise appreciated Smile

//timo
(2017-06-23, 22:04)ryadre Wrote: Is there a way to have my tvheadend pvr channels come up as widgets like in estuary?
Yeah the skin helper widgets addon supplies a number of pvr widgets
For an individual menu item: Widgets > Default Widgets > Skin Helper Widgets > PVR > (take your pick)
For fallback spotlight: Widgets > Video Addons > Skin Helper Widgets > PVR >

(2017-06-25, 02:40)leedrich Wrote: Yes I am using 'Featured' Home Menu Style.
I don't have the option of Skin Settings > Home > Show Header (even if I scroll).
The only options I have under the home menu is: Customise home menu, Home menu style - Featured', Falback widget - none, Replace widget fan art with background - unchecked, Only display widgets when pressing up - unchecked, Show icons - unchecked, Show weather - greyed out.

The only place it mentions the header is under Furniture > Show header. Checked gives me the amount of titles I have, unchecked just gives me the plain (untransparent) bar.
Help!
Actually I might've moved the settings around since the last repo update
The old place was Skin Settings > Extras > Show home header
(That would've been why I moved it, because it's not really intuitive being there!)

(2017-06-25, 16:54)Magic815 Wrote: Just wanted to say - this skin is by far the best skin I've used since I first installed Kodi back in 2011. What an awesome job, jurialmonkey. Keep it up!
Thanks Big Grin

(2017-06-26, 21:24)tjsuominen Wrote: Question about updating...

I'm currently using OpenElec 6.x (with Kodi 15.3; yaeh I know... and soon moving to LibreElec 8.x (with Kodi 17.3). In my current environment I have Artic: Zephyr as my skin. My question is as follows: how I should do the update process of the skin so that it retains my skin settings as much as possible?

The change itself from OE -> LE is expected to be pretty straightforward (if everything goes smoothly), but HOW about the KODI Skin with Artic Zephyr?

//timo

Hmmm, it's been a while since I migrated from OpenElec to LibreElec. And I went from OE6 to LE7 (i.e. Isengard to Jarvis). So that was only one version number and it was pretty painless. -- As a side note, going from OE to LE is pretty much the same as going up a version of OpenElec -- it really is quite seamless -- just remember that the ssh password default is "libreelec" not "openelec"!.

As a side note, I remember that I needed to repartition my system drive for LE8. So you might need a live usb or dvd of gparted to do that. I recommend making the system drive 1gb even though its more than needed just to future proof things (I learnt this the hard way when I had to repartition again when I started using an extended community build of LE8 that has RetroArch, Chrome, Bluray Playback and a bunch of other stuff built in and it needed half a gig. It's the link just below if you are interested - though I recommend migrating to the standard vanilla version of LE8 first just to be safe
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/302-le...neric-rpi/

Regarding the skin:
The main thing you are going to want is to retain your skinshortcuts settings. I haven't had a problem migrating up one kodi version at a time, but I'm not sure about two. So it might be worth backing up its settings first. They should be in this folder:
/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.shortcuts/

For other skin settings I'm not so sure because there were changes in how skin settings are saved between Isengard and Krypton (they were moved out of guisettings and into their own addon_data folders). But the rest of the skin settings are pretty easy to reset to how you like them anyway -- its mostly just home menu and widgets that are the real pain and they are done through skin shortcuts
Hello All...experiencing a bit of a bug related to local library search. Hoping someone may have input on this, as I've only seen the problem with this skin.

In Movies, navigate "off-screen" to pull up the "options" menu and select "search". If I am unlucky to enter a value for a file I don't have (say a guest seeing if I have "Superman"), I get a black screen which I cannot exit from...effectively locking the box.

Can anyone else replicate this, or has anyone found a configuration/settings combination that remedies the issue?
(2017-06-27, 05:13)jurialmunkey Wrote: [quote='ryadre' pid='2607854' dateline='1498248257']
Is there a way to have my tvheadend pvr channels come up as widgets like in estuary?
Yeah the skin helper widgets addon supplies a number of pvr widgets
For an individual menu item: Widgets > Default Widgets > Skin Helper Widgets > PVR > (take your pick)
For fallback spotlight: Widgets > Video Addons > Skin Helper Widgets > PVR >

(2017-06-25, 02:40)leedrich Wrote: Yes I am using 'Featured' Home Menu Style.

Help!
Actually I might've moved the settings around since the last repo update
The old place was Skin Settings > Extras > Show home header
(That would've been why I moved it, because it's not really intuitive being there!)

(2017-06-25, 16:54)Magic815 Wrote: Just wanted to say - this skin is by far the best skin I've used since I first installed Kodi back in 2011. What an awesome job, jurialmonkey. Keep it up!
Thanks Big Grin

(2017-06-26, 21:24)tjsuominen Wrote: Question about updating...

//timo

Quote:Hmmm, it's been a while since I migrated from OpenElec to LibreElec. And I went from OE6 to LE7 (i.e. Isengard to Jarvis). So that was only one version number and it was pretty painless. -- As a side note, going from OE to LE is pretty much the same as going up a version of OpenElec -- it really is quite seamless -- just remember that the ssh password default is "libreelec" not "openelec"!.

tjsuominen>Yes, it's expected to be seamless - thx for the ssh tip, would not have catched that!

Quote:As a side note, I remember that I needed to repartition my system drive for LE8. So you might need a live usb or dvd of gparted to do that. I recommend making the system drive 1gb even

tjsuominen>For LE8 (without retroarch etc.) I personally do not yet have to extend the primary boot partition (yet). Later, yes.

Quote:Regarding the skin:
The main thing you are going to want is to retain your skinshortcuts settings. I haven't had a problem migrating up one kodi version at a time, but I'm not sure about two. So it might be worth backing up its settings first. They should be in this folder:
/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.shortcuts/

tjsuominen>Thx!

Quote:For other skin settings I'm not so sure because there were changes in how skin settings are saved between Isengard and Krypton (they were moved out of guisettings and into their own addon_data folders). But the rest of the skin settings are pretty easy to reset to how you like them anyway -- its mostly just home menu and widgets that are the real pain and they are done through skin shortcuts

tjsuominen>Actually I now realize that I positioned my question wrongly Wink So when I start the update, let's see how well the Skin settings are carried along or shall I reconfigure everything Wink

tjsuominen>Is Artic: Zephyr updated via official Kodi repo or do I need to manually install it via github?
@tjsuominen - yes the skin is on the krypton repo.
This skin looks amazing, but I have 3 things that are really annoying me. It would be amazing if you could advise how I can change them .

Stop the automatic cycle between the items in the widget.
OR
When I move from the menu item to the widget, it moves back to the 1st item.

2 and 3.
Add an option to not show the info text for a widget per menu item.
And also an option to disable fanart as background per menu item.
An example as to why:
http://i.imgur.com/QmxDhCF.jpg
My favorites menu shows "no information available" and uses the MetalliQ fanart as the background. It would like nicer without these.

Thanks very much.
  • 200(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37