• 54(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
(2015-03-09, 16:11)amediauser Wrote: Jurial,

Firstly, thank you for the excellent skin, its the first one that that has managed to pull me away from Aeon Nox.
2. There is a double file extension in shortcuts/overrides.xml <icon image="DefaultDirector.png.png">special://skin/extras/icons/director.png</icon>.
3. There is a scrolling IMDB button in the top right of the select playback dialog, where the close button would be in confluence.
4. The circle and stars are still shown for the back arrow in various views, should it be hidden.
All fixed on git now. The Imdb thing had been bugging me for quite a while, but I just thought of a way to get around it.

(2015-03-09, 18:40)hacky4real Wrote: Is it possible to edit the streaming dialogue box to change the add on name to opening stream and the text opining stream to please wait..Wink
I'm not sure what you mean by streaming dialogue box. If you are talking about the one with the progress bar and the cancel button, then no not possible -- the strings in this are filled by kodi.

(2015-03-09, 19:36)DruTheFu Wrote: One feature I really thought added to the WOW factor in eminence was the ability to see a TV show's clearart logo when I bring up the OSD (the display when I have the ability to pause, stop, etc)...I hope that is what the correct art type title is. I've noticed that I don't see this pretty picture/artwork doing the same thing in A:Z.

Is there any chance that this feature will find its way into this skin?
Ah I had been meaning to add that for ages and completely forgot about it. Added an option on latest git.

(2015-03-09, 19:51)wripet Wrote: Any infos on when discart will be supported? BTW: AWESOME skin!
Likely never. I haven't found a spot where they are suitable and fit. If I do then I will add them.

(2015-03-09, 23:18)Namerp Wrote:
(2015-03-09, 22:45)bryanbrazil Wrote: It's the name of one of the view modes. There are 4 (or is it 6?) "cards" on screen that scroll horizontally.
tx that helped a lot (german translation now 100% complete)
Excellent! As soon as they go to the git repo I will update.

Yeah that should really be called "Cards" not "Carded". Even then, was really only a temporary name because I couldn't think of anything better to call it.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I can't find artwork downloader, has it been moved
(2015-03-07, 11:47)pseudoheld Wrote: 3. can we have numerical rating instead of "stars" rating for movies and tv shows? I much prefer seeing that a movie has 7,5 as rating instead of 3 full and one half full star Big Grin

This is more of a question than a request:

I've seen that a lot of skins use stars instead of actual numbers. I haven't been around that long to understand where the stars preference started. I will clarify that I only have movies in my database and pay more attention to numerical ratings than stars. With stars I'm always guessing what the rating is.

One reason I like your skin is that in widgets you only have the information I like: year - numerical rating - minutes, that is all I need. Do I like IMDB top 250.... yes, but I don't need it everywhere.

The entire layout of your skin has 99.99% of everything I like. The only disadvantage I see is the size of the letters and only because my eyes are not that good, everything else is great.

Sorry for long post.
(2015-03-09, 23:58)hacky4real Wrote: I can't find artwork downloader, has it been moved
Do you have kiosk mode turned on?

(2015-03-10, 00:05)Edworld Wrote: 1. I've seen that a lot of skins use stars instead of actual numbers. I haven't been around that long to understand where the stars preference started. I will clarify that I only have movies in my database and pay more attention to numerical ratings than stars. With stars I'm always guessing what the rating is.

2. The entire layout of your skin has 99.99% of everything I like. The only disadvantage I see is the size of the letters and only because my eyes are not that good, everything else is great.
1. Seems like a popular enough request so I've added an option on git for numeric ratings in the furniture settings. The stars thing just harks back to the way movie critics rate movies out of five stars. I like stars because I'm used to them and they have more meaning to me. Knowing a movie is 4 and half stars is more meaningful to me than knowing it has an 8.7 rating. It doesn't mean a whole lot to me whether a movie varies by a couple of points in terms of deciding what to watch. Stars are a quick visual guide -- its sort of like analog vs digital clocks -- I still always say a "fuzzy" term like half past two rather than 2:32

2. There is an option on the git version for a larger font size in Appearance Settings (didn't quite make it to 1.0.8, but a repo update will come soon). Its not perfect in terms of line spacing due to a few technical issues, but it can be useful if you have a smaller tv or bad eyesight -- I'm short sighted myself, but the distance at which things get really blurry for me is pretty much exactly the distance to the tv so I pretty much always have to wear my glasses to read text on the tv regardless of how big it is (funnily enough, the optometrist told me that with glasses my eyesight is actually a little better than 20/20 so I have absolutely no idea what a normal person's vision is like Rofl )
Jurialmunkey:

Thanks for the detailed explanation. it makes sense now.
Just gave you couple of donations for a pint! (two donations as got confused by giving aus dollars.... so gave duplicate!)
(2015-03-09, 04:25)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-09, 03:53)SheHateMe Wrote:
(2015-03-09, 02:49)jurialmunkey Wrote: edit: also, i don't see pltv in official repoHuh
Its called PsuedoLite for whatever reason.

Don't see anything here (official repo mirror) -- http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/helix/

Okay, I'm dumb. I think its somehow loading that repo from an Zip file even after I wiped my Kodi install and started fresh Smile
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
Big Ups for adding the clearart option. Thanks for the time and effort.

I'm not seeing many other reasons to switch skins, kudos!
@ jurialmunkey
I have now the latest version of extendedinfo script installed (2.0.5)
Now I she In Cinemas, Upcoming, Popular and Top Rated with artwork
But when I select a movie extendedinfo script displays an error. And on screen continues to load the content
only with a hard reset of the system gets me out.
What am I doing wrong.
(2015-03-09, 23:40)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yeah that should really be called "Cards" not "Carded".

I have translated it with grid, at least it looks like a grid ;D

also I have some problems with the word length
Image Image

maybe expand the right column a bit ?

no idea what text should be here Smile (choose background image)

settings (Einstellungen) in both views appear a bit different - at default view it scrolls Huh
shutdown should be default if I hit the power key and not shutdown timer (same "problem" at eminence - maybe intention? - maybe let the user choose what is default)
Image Image
Hi jurialmunkey,

many thanks for your great work! Can you please tell me, how i can edit this marked text from live-tv. I would to change this in german.

(2015-03-10, 17:50)danex Wrote: I would to change this in german.
get the german lang file here -> copy to /.kodi/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr/language/ (or wait till the next skin add-on update)
Hi, i'm having problems with fan art on various artist in music, on the default skin it will show the artist back ground when browsing, but when i change to Arctic: Zephyr they disappear.

Keep up the good work, best skin ever.
(2015-03-10, 01:31)boyofford Wrote: Just gave you couple of donations for a pint! (two donations as got confused by giving aus dollars.... so gave duplicate!)
Thanks.

And thanks again Tongue

Much appreciated! Smile

(2015-03-10, 12:51)Discomanhenk Wrote: @ jurialmunkey
I have now the latest version of extendedinfo script installed (2.0.5)
Now I she In Cinemas, Upcoming, Popular and Top Rated with artwork
But when I select a movie extendedinfo script displays an error. And on screen continues to load the content
only with a hard reset of the system gets me out.
What am I doing wrong.
What error? Screenshot? Debug log? What system do you run kodi on?

(2015-03-10, 15:09)Namerp Wrote: 1. I have translated it with grid, at least it looks like a grid ;D
2. also I have some problems with the word length - maybe expand the right column a bit ?
3. no idea what text should be here Smile (choose background image)

4. settings (Einstellungen) in both views appear a bit different - at default view it scrolls Huh
5. shutdown should be default if I hit the power key and not shutdown timer (same "problem" at eminence - maybe intention? - maybe let the user choose what is default)
1. Grid is good enough for me. I've changed the English name to "Cards" on git -- I called it that because they are sort of like business cards, or the google material design cards.
2. Done. Fixed on git
3. That's a bug that's actually been fixed already - its not supposed to show.
4. Its because icon view uses smaller text for the labels - Not a whole lot I can do here other than suggest users change the label to something shorter in the customisation dialog.
5. Fixed on git Smile

Still waiting on the translations to hit the translations github and then I will pull them in - probably will take about a week.

(2015-03-10, 21:19)BEARL Wrote: Hi, i'm having problems with fan art on various artist in music, on the default skin it will show the artist back ground when browsing, but when i change to Arctic: Zephyr they disappear.

Keep up the good work, best skin ever.
I dont do anything differently than the default skin in terms of displaying fanart, so it should show if the fanart is in your library.
How do you use custom widgets. Can't figure it out.
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37