• 22(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
(2015-02-17, 18:42)freem@n Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 18:33)filthycatbox Wrote: What is different about the "Square" theme? I have selected it, but can't see any noticeable difference between this and the default.
the edges of every dialog window aren't rounded. this also applies to posters and stuff

Thanks man, the edges are so minutely softened that I hadn't noticed it Smile
(2015-02-17, 04:14)codenamedelta Wrote: Jurial,

Is there any way you can add the option to have the media info display by default on pause instead of having to hit enter on the controller and then press the up arrow?

I would love to see this aswell!
does anyone know what the blue star stands for?

another suggestion: can you put the movie length in the "media information" view (extra info) to the right below the fanart? I find that it needs to much space so the name of the movie is cut without a need, but maybe i'm alone with this opinion Smile
It means already watched.
(2015-02-17, 21:46)magy77 Wrote: It means already watched.

No, a green tick marks a movie as watched. Or am I completely wrong?
(2015-02-17, 21:59)matze276 Wrote:

Movie added as a favorite?
(2015-02-17, 22:13)pettson3816 Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 21:59)matze276 Wrote:

Nope, already checked that.. Smile
(2015-02-17, 22:15)matze276 Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 22:13)pettson3816 Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 21:59)matze276 Wrote: No, a green tick marks a movie as watched. Or am I completely wrong?

Nope, already checked that.. Smile

I thought the star meant just recently added

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone experienced when watching Recorded TV, the audio and video gets out of sync often?

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep recently added.
Star = recent
Tick = watched
Circle = unwatched
Shortcut Arrow = can resume
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-02-17, 22:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yep recently added.
Star = recent
Tick = watched
Circle = unwatched

Wow, haven't figured that out yet, thanx!
(2015-02-17, 22:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yep recently added.
Star = recent
Tick = watched
Circle = unwatched
Ive been finding that if I started watching a recently added item and stop playback half way through it remains a star and never switches to the arrow.
(2015-02-17, 04:14)codenamedelta Wrote: Is there any way you can add the option to have the media info display by default on pause instead of having to hit enter on the controller and then press the up arrow?
If you have a key mapped to "info" that will also bring it up.
Theres not currently an option to auto display the full info, but I will add one as it seems many people want this and some people only have 6 button remotes (directions, ok, back) which don't have an info key.

(2015-02-17, 08:42)nicki365 Wrote: I was wondering if you could point me to where I could change the highlight color? I am loving the new skin (switched from Eminence) but I miss my custom red highlight color (soft purple and burnt orange were ones I added to "Post your color schemes, custom overlays and other customization here") months back . Also will there be an option for a larger font size? The current font is a bit small for me, the Eminence sized skin was perfect for my TV.
The blue highlight is defined as "Highlight" in the colors/Defaults.xml
The selection colour in list type views isn't really customisable as the skin flips the colours between light and dark.
Hopefully I will have a larger font size option - but it wont happen till all the other aspects of the skin are finished as I need to check that all the textboxes look correct and dont have cutoff text.

(2015-02-17, 08:58)Kokonutcreme Wrote: When you customise home menu and select a default background for each menu item, to select a single or multi image it defaults to your file manager source libraries so you cant navigate to where you have image files saved.
Is this intentional?
Not not intentional on my behalf, its just the way script.skinshortcuts works and I can't really see a way to override it other than force a specific path which doesn't really work because of different OSes having different file system structures. I'm not really sure why its this way, seems strange that you can't browse outside your sources -- I'm guessing its a way to protect privacy so other users cant go browsing through your whole file system.. Still, IMHO if you are the master user with no locks set then you really should be able to just browse the whole filesystem...

(2015-02-17, 09:22)dmbkiwi Wrote: I've enabled clearlogos in Skin Settings, but they aren't showing anywhere. Do I need to do something else to get this working?
You need to scan your library with Artwork Downloader with the clearlogo option set for movies. The skin only shows logos for movies currently as I'm having troubles with auto sizing the space so that it is centred properly when next aired info is enabled.

(2015-02-17, 11:28)Weavus Wrote: 1. Any chance you would consider removing the episode air date from the media info and extra info views as the information is duplicated in the extended episode info section and it makes the lists harder to read IMO.

2. In the episode extra info view how about putting the episode name in bold at the start of the plot section of text. All the other information is there, show, season, episode #, air date and plot but the episode name is missing.

3. Any chance you can put the movie certification rating on the bottom row of media info text/icons.
1. Yeah. I've got some optimizations for tvshow/episode list type views regarding what info is shown.

2. I was thinking exactly this last night when I was browsing through some tvshows - initially I had thought that it was unnecessary duplication of info, but now I think it is actually needed.

3. I have considered this previously - there are a couple of problems however. To have an icon based flag would require flags for every single country and complex conditions to display them as each country has its own certification - this is unnecessarily complex and requires too many textures. My solution would be to show the info as text but then we have a problem of the flags creeping over to the right too far. I figure I can't include every single possible piece of information so this is what pressing info is for.

Also if you sort the list by MPAA rating you can see the rating for each movie. My rationale is that MPAA is used for deciding whether or not a movie is suitable for children who are also watching and most people with kids separate their movies with smart playlists based upon mpaa and genre anyway (and you can always press info or sort the list by mpaa in other cases).

(2015-02-17, 12:47)username145 Wrote: 1. The recordings view has a preview window just like the channels view, except in this case it is never used, just displays a static stock image. Could be a good place for the thumbnails, but the tiny thumbnails next to the recording's title would need to be removed.

2. If you bring up the channel list by hitting "c" while watching live TV, the "currently being watched" channel has a striped texture (in addition to the little progress bars in my previous post). It looks nice, but I don't see that texture anywhere else in the skin-- in line with the rest of the skin, I would just have the text be pink in colour to indicate it is selected.

3. A kiosk mode would be fantastic

4. Nitpicking, but I don't know that anybody finds the dB value useful (I'm not an audio guy, so could be totally wrong haha) in volume control. But I think Confluence has it, so it must be there for a reason Tongue
1. Yeah I have some ideas to overhaul the PVR section a little bit as I'm not completely happy with it - the more I think about it, it should really follow the same sort of no back panel design as the library views. My main concern is about readability - my initial reason for including a backpanel was that in the PVR sections it is much more likely video is playing in the background than in the library. The preview window is supposed to show a thumb when nothing is playing, I just haven't changed it yet because I'm still playing with the pvr section.
2. I was actually going to go the other way and use the striped texture in other places as the Pink is a little hard to read over the blue highlight.
3. Definitely planned - just one of those features I don't add until the end.
4. I always look at dB values out of habit from being a musician with a bit of a background in sound engineering.

Decibels are a logarithmic scale the goes to a limit of infinity whereas the percentage is a linear scale with a range of 0 to 100 (-60dB to 0dB in this case). Because of this difference, attenuation at 50% (-30dB) on the linear scale is far far greater than half volume. Power halves at only -3dB. That is, half the volume occurs at -3dB which is only ~94% on the scale; quarter volume occurs at only -6dB. That means that at 50% on the linear scale, volume is actually at only approx 0.1% of the maximum.

So as you can see, from my perspective, the dB value is actually far more valuable than the percentage value. Wink Tongue

(2015-02-17, 15:04)hoopsdavis Wrote: Here are the screenshots of the recording steps
Excellent looks how I expected. Might have to reduce the height of that dialog a little bit though Tongue

(2015-02-17, 18:49)matze276 Wrote: if there is a pvr recording scheduled it is always showing up in the top right corner as next recording...
can you add this notification dialog as a widget so it can be configured to just show up at the live tv entry (like the weather widget)?

that would be great.. Smile

EDIT: maybe you can also add the option "Always show next recording widget" within the skin settings like you did with the weather widget.. Wink
I've thought about this but I'm concerned about adding too many options. The home screen options are already far more complicated that I originally intended. Also, widgets need to have some sort of background to show - the reason why there is a weather widget for individual items is to display the weather fanart slideshow. Because of the homescreen being so customisable - its pretty much impossible to match the next recording widget to a menu item label. So unfortunately, it has to stay the way it is because its just going to cause me too many headaches otherwise.

(2015-02-17, 18:59)filthycatbox Wrote: What is different about the "Square" theme? I have selected it, but can't see any noticeable difference between this and the default.
Thanks man, the edges are so minutely softened that I hadn't noticed it Smile
Yeah the rounding is intentionally subtle to ensure a more modern look. The theme is basically a choice between hard and soft edges really - it is only a slight difference, but I know there are definitely users that will appreciate the option (myself being one of them Wink )

(2015-02-17, 21:25)matze276 Wrote: another suggestion: can you put the movie length in the "media information" view (extra info) to the right below the fanart? I find that it needs to much space so the name of the movie is cut without a need, but maybe i'm alone with this opinion Smile
Good idea will do.

(2015-02-17, 22:31)Talguy Wrote: Ive been finding that if I started watching a recently added item and stop playback half way through it remains a star and never switches to the arrow.
Ah good spotting. I had the priority order messed up.
Fixed it so the order goes Resume > Watched > Recent > Unwatched which I think makes the most sense.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Is there a way you can make the image that's displayed on lists for video addons and whatnot not have fixed dimensions so nothing gets cut off? Other skins will display the full image regardless of the image specs, whereas I notice this and Eminence it's either fixed to poster dimensions or a square in Eminence's case.

Really the only think about the skin that irks me. Smile
Thumbs Up 
(2015-02-18, 03:06)jbaconbits Wrote: Is there a way you can make the image that's displayed on lists for video addons and whatnot not have fixed dimensions so nothing gets cut off? Other skins will display the full image regardless of the image specs, whereas I notice this and Eminence it's either fixed to poster dimensions or a square in Eminence's case.

Really the only think about the skin that irks me. Smile

+1 on this, would like the posters especially to show right to the edges.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37