• 37(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
congrats, @jurialmunkey!!!!
CoolWinkBig Grin
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
The best skin ever... really great job!

Do you have plans to include the "uber cool" Cool widescreen songtext scrolling like in the previous version?
Jurial, I did have one question: Have you thought of adding logos for video and audio types in the OSD instead of just the just the numbers?

watch gallery

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just installed the latest git version but i cant seem to activate the hub options on the homescreen anymore (can select them but pressing enter does not open the hub)? After removing the options from the home screen and trying to add them again the movie hub and tv hub are not listed in the common options. Am i missing something? Tried removing the skin and reinstalling a fresh copy but still no tv and movie hub options?
Quote:
(2015-02-24, 12:11)mason Wrote: 1. The playcontrols and the overall OSD doesn't fit the light default theme and the overall look of the skin, any plans to adjust this?

2. Also the controls on the top are slightly irritating, I would expect them on the bottom since the the home menu and stuff where the main 'controlling' is happening is also on the bottom.

3. Is the PVR part fully done yet? I'm missing the menu to switch to the EPG guide, only got the window remapping a button on the remote.
1. I know from experience that a dark osd is preferred by the majority. With the old version of arctic I originally had a light osd and had an overwhelming number of requests to switch it to dark. The general consensus was that a dark osd was much better and needed to address readability concerns (the library is much more "visual" so dark text on a light background is not as much of a concern, whereas the osd is just a chunk of info). I may add an option to flip the colours but its not priority.

2. I've been meaning to do this for a while, just had a few issues that needed ironing out first (its much much easier to code with the osd controls split from the seekbar). On latest git

3. That reminds me that I need to add quick nav options for the various sections from the side menu. The home screen submenu for livetv should have the various sections however.

(2015-02-24, 19:20)mason Wrote: I have another strange issue, maybe easy to answer.

The media files for my main library are located on a filesever which is not powered 90% of the time. If I start kodi on my frontends with an offline server, the widget for recent, spotlight, etc... is loading but not showing any content, my frontend pulls the db from a mysql backend where also are all my recent media files reside
Does the wiget script need full access to all media to load? With confluence (my standard skin for years, there is no issue). I thought kodi will pull that stuff from cached thumbs? I have no issue with the library views however.
I really couldn't say as I don't have that type of setup and I didnt write the script. Can you try with one of the skin supplied playlists as a widget (either Random or New Movies/TvShows) - they are down the bottom of the widget selection options. Both ways (script vs playlist) essentially do the same thing, each just has their own advantages and shortcomings (in progress can only be done by the script however).

Confluence uses a different method for widgets -- using that method would prevent me from doing all the other awesome stuff you can do like use a smart playlist or a library path as a widget.

1. guess it's just a matter of taste, for me does it destroys the overall 'coorporated look' of the skin. The Arctic mk. ii OSD was perfect! Smile
2. happy to hear, doesn't mean to rush things.
3. saw the commit Smile

Regarding the widget, this wrecks my brain. I tried a music playlist as a widget, which loads properly but all the music is located on the 24/7 backend.
As soon as i try tv or movie, it does nothing. I set up a separate instance with a localdb, imported some movies, took the source offline. This worked as expected.
Guess I have to go deeper but the related addons don't throw much debug information. Guess I need to find another way to debug this. As soon as all my media is online this isn't an issue, weird.
(2015-02-25, 01:08)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-25, 00:54)Gragamale Wrote: I have the same problem with the menu jumping around doing, but it's not unique to Arctic.

Jurial, is there a way to edit so that the bottom part of the OSD always shows during music playing? I love the look of it and being able to see whats playing at all times.
my guess is that updating the library is interfering with skinshortcuts building the menu.

Re music osd... cant you just press info on your remote to keep it there? Thats what I do with no issue.

Kodi can control the Music OSD. On default the music osd stays 10 seconds, but it can be changed to whatever time you want trough advancedsettings.xml in your userdata directory:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
        <songinfoduration>36000</songinfoduration>
</advancedsettings>

36000 seconds is 10 hours. I also tried 0 which should be infinite but it didn't work so i used a large number of seconds Big Grin
(2015-02-24, 23:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 17:10)thegreaterikku Wrote: Seriously... I think it works fine with other skins but currently can't say 100% for sure. I'll still look into it since I have time, but you know, maybe you are right. It's the default view type which is "list" if I recall. There's only two anyway for music and I don't use the small thumbnail one.

Thanks for the widget. I just want to change the size since the square is fine but I don't mind having it taking a bit more space since the information is all cluttered.
Ahhh there are far more view types than just two for music (banner, extra info, icons, wall, list). This gives me a hint that you are not in library mode, but are instead in files mode. Open the side menu and choose "browse library"

How the widget looks is in includes_home.xml

Ah man, I feel like such a fool. Is there a way to make the library mode by default then? It works perfectly in Library.

And thanks for the widget, I'll work with it.

Again, incredible theme, my new favorite (yes, even more than Nox...)
Never mind, this was solved. Original message below.

Quote:The skin looks amazing! I've installed it just now and my main menu items are invisible. It's almost as if they're not invisible but they are not even there, Pressing my remote buttons doesn't do anything... I have tried looking through the thread for a few pages but I didn't see any similar issues (aside from the menu 'jumping' when library was auto-updating). Has this question been covered yet?

I'm running Kodi 2:14.2~git20150217.1531-beta1-0utopic. After installing the theme it prompted me to install an add-on, once it was done the movie 'spotlight' loads just fine, it's only the main menu items that are completely missing. I do see the clock and date.

I paid attention the requirements (finally...) and I saw that I was missing the Skin Shortcuts script. I'm not sure if you as a skinner have the ability to auto-install that (like it happened for the library add-on), but if you could I guess that would prevent this from happening. Or maybe my set-up is a bit 'exotic' and this problem doesn't occur for people that didn't fiddle around too much Wink
(2015-02-25, 10:37)magy77 Wrote: Can i set the slideshow as fallback for artist slideshow?
You can set a fallback slideshow in the artist slideshow addon configuration.

(2015-02-25, 10:53)Natz Wrote: I propose add show icon in the Customize Main Menu.
*snip*
Added the new overrides and add icons to customization window if icon mode is enabled. Thanks. Smile

(2015-02-25, 11:21)magy77 Wrote: i like something like this, simple and clear
*snip*
I quite like that too, I will have a look at adding an option in the furniture settings.
re: the errors. Thanks I fixed a couple of them (I would have to do it for repo inclusion anyway), but some of the missing includes are not in the skin at all so I dont know whats throwing up them..

(2015-02-25, 12:06)barney stinsen Wrote: In Phil65´s Nox you can switch in the tri-panel-view between title as text or the banner from the movie. Then is on the left side the poster, in the middle the movielist as banner and on the right side a small window with the fanart an the plot. Like in your view, but you have only text for the title. I would make a picture from it, but i don´t know how i can upload a picture from my local hdd.Confused
Ahh I get what you're saying. I'll try a few things out and see if I get something I like.. at the moment its a maybe.

(2015-02-25, 13:34)freem@n Wrote: so you plan to release it in the official Kodi repo soon? Smile can't wait. constantly updating from GitHub is a bit annoying on OpenELEC because you can't use the git executable to perform a simple "git pull" command :/
(2015-02-25, 14:55)trsqr Wrote: This looks brilliant. Maybe I can finally move to Helix (been using Arctic mk.2)! Big Grin Big thanks jurialmunkey! Just waiting for it to hit the XBMC repos...
(2015-02-25, 15:48)FREAKJAM Wrote: Looks like its hitting repo soon. U did an amazing job the last few weeks jurial. Submitting new code to the git on a daily base is simply amazing.
Yeah really wish openelec had a git addon! Still waiting for a reply and I'm sure that there will be a ton of things I have to fix first (there always is, usually takes a few rounds before it meets all the requirements). Hopefully will be on the repo in about a week.

(2015-02-25, 16:49)bruin14 Wrote: The best skin ever... really great job!

Do you have plans to include the "uber cool" Cool widescreen songtext scrolling like in the previous version?
Thanks.
Ah I completely forgot about that, been a while since I used the old arctic. Yeah I might add something along those lines.

(2015-02-25, 17:47)hoopsdavis Wrote: Jurial, I did have one question: Have you thought of adding logos for video and audio types in the OSD instead of just the just the numbers?
Probably not. I want to try keep the file sizes down, and part of the big bloat is having flags for studios/mpaa/codecs etc. Being a little more minimal with this one - plus heaps more people now use kodi on low powered devices with small SSDs so its good to keep the size down. Plus it means updates/downloads dont take too long.

(2015-02-25, 19:00)distorted1 Wrote: just installed the latest git version but i cant seem to activate the hub options on the homescreen anymore (can select them but pressing enter does not open the hub)? After removing the options from the home screen and trying to add them again the movie hub and tv hub are not listed in the common options. Am i missing something? Tried removing the skin and reinstalling a fresh copy but still no tv and movie hub options?
Strange, works for me. I'm not really sure what to suggest. You could try clearing out the skinshortcuts addon data folder.

(2015-02-25, 19:07)mason Wrote: 1. guess it's just a matter of taste, for me does it destroys the overall 'coorporated look' of the skin. The Arctic mk. ii OSD was perfect! Smile
2. happy to hear, doesn't mean to rush things.
3. saw the commit Smile

Regarding the widget, this wrecks my brain. I tried a music playlist as a widget, which loads properly but all the music is located on the 24/7 backend.
As soon as i try tv or movie, it does nothing. I set up a separate instance with a localdb, imported some movies, took the source offline. This worked as expected.
Guess I have to go deeper but the related addons don't throw much debug information. Guess I need to find another way to debug this. As soon as all my media is online this isn't an issue, weird.
I will add an option to flip the colours on the OSD. Might have to wait till after all the repo stuff,, depends on how long it takes me.

Strange about the widgets, so movies/tvs don't load even when using a playlist? I don't really know what else to suggest.

(2015-02-25, 22:37)thegreaterikku Wrote: Ah man, I feel like such a fool. Is there a way to make the library mode by default then? It works perfectly in Library.
From the home customisation go Choose Shortcut > Music Library > and choose any node other than Files Wink
If you choose custom action it should say something like the following:
Code:
ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Albums,return)
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-02-25, 23:55)aeg13 Wrote: The skin looks amazing! I've installed it just now and my main menu items are invisible. It's almost as if they're not invisible but they are not even there, Pressing my remote buttons doesn't do anything... I have tried looking through the thread for a few pages but I didn't see any similar issues (aside from the menu 'jumping' when library was auto-updating). Has this question been covered yet?

I'm running Kodi 2:14.2~git20150217.1531-beta1-0utopic. After installing the theme it prompted me to install an add-on, once it was done the movie 'spotlight' loads just fine, it's only the main menu items that are completely missing. I do see the clock and date.
do you have script.skinshortcuts installed?
Thanks jurialmonkey, I didn't pay attention to the requirements, that was the solution.
?uestion, @jurialmunkey:

where is the skin pulling the icons from when you have "Show icons" selectedHuh
I assumed it was from /extras/icons folder, but when I go to select an icon for the Home Menu, half of them are not in the selectable list.
and if I try to choose from another folder, they don't show up.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2015-02-26, 00:48)locomot1f Wrote: ?uestion, @jurialmunkey:

where is the skin pulling the icons from when you have "Show icons" selectedHuh
I assumed it was from /extras/icons folder, but when I go to select an icon for the Home Menu, half of them are not in the selectable list.
and if I try to choose from another folder, they don't show up.

Yep, it takes them from extras/icons -- all the icons that are there should be available... which ones are missing? However, if you add additional icons to the folder, you also need to define them in the shortcuts/overrides.xml in order for them to show up.

Icons that are taken from other folders are hidden - this was necessary for colour flip options because if you select an addon it will use the default icon which looks really ugly when colour flipped. So basically you can only select from the provided icons -- if there is a particular icon that you want added let me know and I will add it.
I am currently on the latest skin

and I have noticed that I am no longer able to do what I had in previous skins.

Here is the settings that I like
- in Artist section- I have it to display as Thumbnails
- inside the Albums I have it set to Thumbnails
- under songs I like to have it as List.

The problem I am having is once I do this setup and go to a different artist the albums are set to List and not Thumbnails. But if I go back to the artist that I had previously set this settings it stays the way I want.

Wait never mind - The skin did a widget rebuild and it seems that the issue got fixed. But I am gonna leave this open in case it helps.
I just wanted to express how great this skin is - its simple, tidy and polished.
I have previously used Arctic mk.ii and was looking forward to its next iteration.

Thank you for all your hard work!
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37