• 38(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
Can you please add the Big Icon viewtype to the musicvideos section?

I use this section for my concerts library, and as such have curated it with the same attention as my movies and tvshows. It just does not look good with only the big list and thumbnails viewtype options.

Thanks for the consideration.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Love the skin, jurialmunkey! I already switched my systems over to it.

Quick question, though: I keep noticing in the changelog that more views are being added to the PVR, but I can't seem to select them. Am I missing something?
(2015-02-26, 05:54)thrak76 Wrote: Can you please add the Big Icon viewtype to the musicvideos section?

I use this section for my concerts library, and as such have curated it with the same attention as my movies and tvshows. It just does not look good with only the big list and thumbnails viewtype options.

Done. Just out of curiosity, do you use the videolibrary or the musiclibrary for displaying musicvideos? Also, for concerts are they poster style images (i.e. dvd covers) ? As you can probably tell, I dont really use the music video section much... nearly everything is on youtube these days.

(2015-02-26, 06:01)morningbus Wrote: Love the skin, jurialmunkey! I already switched my systems over to it.

Quick question, though: I keep noticing in the changelog that more views are being added to the PVR, but I can't seem to select them. Am I missing something?
There are two views for Channels -- List and Carded. There are four "views" for EPG - timeline, now, next, channel (imho, these should be separate windows like how channels and timers are separated, rather than views but thats how they are treated by xbmc). You can change views the same way as any other part of the library, go to the side menu and click "View: ".
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-02-26, 06:16)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-26, 05:54)thrak76 Wrote: Can you please add the Big Icon viewtype to the musicvideos section?

Done. Just out of curiosity, do you use the videolibrary or the musiclibrary for displaying musicvideos? Also, for concerts are they poster style images (i.e. dvd covers) ? As you can probably tell, I dont really use the music video section much... nearly everything is on youtube these days.

Thanks!

I use the videolibrary for the concerts, and then I use poster style images. I know that some folks may use that section for music video singles, and then maybe the square thumbnail is appropriate. I've never used it in that manner because as you say: everything is on youtube. However, full length HD video/audio concerts are still the domain of local files. Smile
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2015-02-26, 06:21)thrak76 Wrote:

Thanks!

I use the videolibrary for the concerts, and then I use poster style images. I know that some folks may use that section for music video singles, and then maybe the square thumbnail is appropriate. I've never used it in that manner because as you say: everything is on youtube. However, full length HD video/audio concerts are still the domain of local files. Smile

I have a feeling that the usage scenarios might be split fairly evenly between videoclips and concerts - regardless, I've opened the viewtypes up to musicvideos in both libraries, so people with music videos can use the musiclibrary section and those with concerts can use the videolibrary section -- I have a feeling this might be the point of having it available in both libraries.
(2015-02-26, 06:01)morningbus Wrote: Love the skin, jurialmunkey! I already switched my systems over to it.

There are two views for Channels -- List and Carded. There are four "views" for EPG - timeline, now, next, channel (imho, these should be separate windows like how channels and timers are separated, rather than views but thats how they are treated by xbmc). You can change views the same way as any other part of the library, go to the side menu and click "View: ".

Ah! For some reason I thought it was referring to the recordings section. Any chance of some additional view types there?

Also, would it be possible for the recordings section to add the picture for the recording from the metadata? I'm having trouble trying to explain the problem exactly with words, so I'll attach a picture:

(2015-02-26, 06:56)morningbus Wrote: Also, would it be possible for the recordings section to add the picture for the recording from the metadata? I'm having trouble trying to explain the problem exactly with words, so I'll attach a picture:
I second the thumb for the recordings.
Ah completely forgot about adding the thumb for recordings -- ive added it now. Can you test and let me know that it is working properly as my backend (tvheadend) doesn't support thumbs for recordings afaik.
It's working for me on the recording thumbs,at least once I enter a directory for a show on wmc.pvr.

Something has changed with the music visualization though. I can't seem to get just the visualization any longer. This is within the past 2 days of commits. I can only get the visualization behind the artist slideshow. Previously I could get just the visualization, which I prefer. I don't want to see anything but the visualization after 5 minutes, which is how it has been operating till recently.
(2015-02-26, 07:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: Ah completely forgot about adding the thumb for recordings -- ive added it now. Can you test and let me know that it is working properly as my backend (tvheadend) doesn't support thumbs for recordings afaik.

Yep, it's working now. It handles anything 16x9 (or generated from a screenscrab of the recordings) just fine, but recordings that have additional metadata (i.e. a poster instead of a screengrab) get chopped off a bit to fit:

Hi jurialmunkey, I have noticed a little animating play icon on the upper right corner when you select an item to be played.
Please take it off or make it optional coz the please wait loading screen was clean and perfect without that.
You can deactivate this i guess. Under furniture - show now playing info

Jurial:
Thx to add to weather by the clock.
Its now perfect! Donating time i think Angel

Evertime when i play a song the background changes to black. I must choose fullscreen and there is the artist slideshow showing. When i switch back, the artist slideshow is set as background. Any idea to fox this?

And the same with Radio addon, always switching to black background
(2015-02-26, 10:58)magy77 Wrote: You can deactivate this i guess. Under furniture - show now playing info

Jurial:
Thx to add to weather by the clock.
Its now perfect! Donating time i think Angel

It works cheers mate
I just donated! Thanks for your time and hardwork. I will do more from time to time. Blush
Thanks for the white OSD. Will there be a white keyboard skin in the futureHuh
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37