• 39(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
(2015-02-26, 08:33)thrak76 Wrote: Something has changed with the music visualization though. I can't seem to get just the visualization any longer. This is within the past 2 days of commits. I can only get the visualization behind the artist slideshow. Previously I could get just the visualization, which I prefer. I don't want to see anything but the visualization after 5 minutes, which is how it has been operating till recently.
Ahh, I think I know what the issue might be. I will push a fix shortly.
EDIT: Should be fixed now. Added an option to enable/disable the fanart in Skin Settings > OSD.

(2015-02-26, 08:35)morningbus Wrote: Yep, it's working now. It handles anything 16x9 (or generated from a screenscrab of the recordings) just fine, but recordings that have additional metadata (i.e. a poster instead of a screengrab) get chopped off a bit to fit:
Ah, didn't realise that it could also pull metadata with posters - thought it would only be a 16x9 thumb generated from the recording. Not quite sure what I can do about this as yet -- will have to have a think about the best approach.

(2015-02-26, 09:38)hacky4real Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey, I have noticed a little animating play icon on the upper right corner when you select an item to be played.
Please take it off or make it optional coz the please wait loading screen was clean and perfect without that.
I just noticed this now also -- I changed the way the now playing info was handled so that it wouldn't overlap certain dialogs and it seems this was a side effect of those changes. Should be fixed now I think.

(2015-02-26, 10:58)magy77 Wrote: Thx to add to weather by the clock.
Its now perfect! Donating time i think Angel

Evertime when i play a song the background changes to black. I must choose fullscreen and there is the artist slideshow showing. When i switch back, the artist slideshow is set as background. Any idea to fox this?
Not a problem - it was a good suggestion with a simple and clean implementation, hence why I added it. Thanks for the donation! Smile

The problem you are having is because the artist slideshow addon only gets launched after you enter the music vis -- im not sure if there is a way to launch it at the moment a song is played. The only way to stop this really is to disable showing the music visualisation in the background (Skin Settings > Fanart)... but thats not really a solution. I'll have a think about what I can do about it, but I'm not confidant that there is anything I can do.

(2015-02-26, 11:15)hacky4real Wrote: I just donated! Thanks for your time and hardwork. I will do more from time to time. Blush
Thanks Big Grin

(2015-02-26, 11:21)hacky4real Wrote: Thanks for the white OSD. Will there be a white keyboard skin in the futureHuh
Possibly. I'm thinking about changing the keyboard slightly anyway so that it floats more in the centre of the screen like a dialog than covering the bottom of the screen. If I do that, then it will just follow whatever the colour theme specifies for dialogs (so only dark if the dark dialogs theme is selected).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Just donated, thanks for the great skin!
(2015-02-26, 11:46)jurialmunkey Wrote: Not a problem - it was a good suggestion with a simple and clean implementation, hence why I added it. Thanks for the donation! Smile

The problem you are having is because the artist slideshow addon only gets launched after you enter the music vis -- im not sure if there is a way to launch it at the moment a song is played. The only way to stop this really is to disable showing the music visualisation in the background (Skin Settings > Fanart)... but thats not really a solution. I'll have a think about what I can do about it, but I'm not confidant that there is anything I can do.

Thx for this hint.

Another annoying thing is this:
When i open a radio channel through a selfmade menubutton via the customize menu the channel label is not shown - see here

When i open the Channel in the Addon the logo is shown - see here

i dont know its a skin problem but maybe it is.

Keep goin'!
(2015-02-26, 15:12)magy77 Wrote: Another annoying thing is this:
When i open a radio channel through a selfmade menubutton via the customize menu the channel label is not shown - see here

*cut*

When i open the Channel in the Addon the logo is shown - see here

*cut*

i dont know its a skin problem but maybe it is.

it isn't a skin problem. it's the fault of the addon. same happens with the Twitch addon when I open a stream from my favourites :/
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
(2015-02-26, 11:46)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-26, 08:33)thrak76 Wrote: Something has changed with the music visualization though. I can't seem to get just the visualization any longer. This is within the past 2 days of commits. I can only get the visualization behind the artist slideshow. Previously I could get just the visualization, which I prefer. I don't want to see anything but the visualization after 5 minutes, which is how it has been operating till recently.
Ahh, I think I know what the issue might be. I will push a fix shortly.
EDIT: Should be fixed now. Added an option to enable/disable the fanart in Skin Settings > OSD.

Yes, that fix works. However, strangely I have to tick "show visualization behind slideshow" in order to get the visualization. But I don't have the "show artist slideshow" ticked. Otherwise I'm only presented with a black screen. So it would be more intuitive to me if all options un-ticked defaulted to visualization.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Rounded thumbnails wouldn't be bad for both dark and light themes
(2015-02-26, 00:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-25, 19:07)mason Wrote: Regarding the widget, this wrecks my brain. I tried a music playlist as a widget, which loads properly but all the music is located on the 24/7 backend.
As soon as i try tv or movie, it does nothing. I set up a separate instance with a localdb, imported some movies, took the source offline. This worked as expected.
Guess I have to go deeper but the related addons don't throw much debug information. Guess I need to find another way to debug this. As soon as all my media is online this isn't an issue, weird.
I will add an option to flip the colours on the OSD. Might have to wait till after all the repo stuff,, depends on how long it takes me.

Strange about the widgets, so movies/tvs don't load even when using a playlist? I don't really know what else to suggest.

Great job on the OSD, thanks! Smile
Regarding the widget, I'm pulling my hair out... does anybody know more detailed which plugin is used to provide data for these wigets?
HI jurialmunkey,is there a way you can enable kiosk mode in this skin? Thanks!
I have a request:

In the music OSD, when using the artist slideshow add-on, is it possible to set some options?

For example, it would be nice to have an option to limit the number of shown pictures (in my case to 1) or the interval time?

Or is this an add on specific feature?

Second request: the submenus on the home screen look a bit lo-fi, maybe a bit bigger or something else to pimp it?

What a nice piece of work this is!!!! Thanks...
(2015-02-26, 12:32)Weavus Wrote: Just donated, thanks for the great skin!
Thankyou! Much appreciated Big Grin

(2015-02-26, 19:08)thrak76 Wrote: Yes, that fix works. However, strangely I have to tick "show visualization behind slideshow" in order to get the visualization. But I don't have the "show artist slideshow" ticked. Otherwise I'm only presented with a black screen. So it would be more intuitive to me if all options un-ticked defaulted to visualization.
That's the way it was supposed to be, it was just the visibility conditions were a little complicated but I think it should be fixed now... I hope....

(2015-02-26, 19:19)hacky4real Wrote: Rounded thumbnails wouldn't be bad for both dark and light themes
The default theme uses slightly rounded corners.. I'm not really interested in rounding them more than that, because imho heavily rounded corners look really dated.

(2015-02-26, 21:18)hacky4real Wrote: HI jurialmunkey,is there a way you can enable kiosk mode in this skin? Thanks!
Its coming Smile
EDIT: Added.

(2015-02-26, 21:50)JoostXBMC Wrote: In the music OSD, when using the artist slideshow add-on, is it possible to set some options?
For example, it would be nice to have an option to limit the number of shown pictures (in my case to 1) or the interval time?
Or is this an add on specific feature?

Second request: the submenus on the home screen look a bit lo-fi, maybe a bit bigger or something else to pimp it?
You can change this in the artist slideshow addon settings.
Settings > Addons > Enabled Addons > Program Addons > Artist Slideshow > Configure.

I dont have any problems with the submenus, but I'm happy to entertain suggestions - however, I need mockups..
Thanks for the great work. I'm a designer, and the dated palettes and questionable navigational choices of a lot of the HTPC community really rubs me the wrong way. This skin makes me happy, as a designer, to be a Kodi user for the first time since I discovered XeeBo in 2011 (and in the same way Android Lollipop made me a happy phone user).

It may say WIP, but this is way better designed and executed than most proper releases. Kiosk mode is the only thing I'm missing.
This skin, with the all dark theme, is crazy sexy! It's been quite a while since I've been excited about a new skin. This one is just plain awesome.

Thank you!

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
WinkThe kiosk mode is done, cheers!

Could you include an option to change the default home screen slideshow from MOVIES SPOTLIGHT to other options such as RECENT MOVIES etc.
(2015-02-27, 00:09)theslime Wrote: Thanks for the great work. I'm a designer, and the dated palettes and questionable navigational choices of a lot of the HTPC community really rubs me the wrong way. This skin makes me happy, as a designer, to be a Kodi user for the first time since I discovered XeeBo in 2011 (and in the same way Android Lollipop made me a happy phone user).

It may say WIP, but this is way better designed and executed than most proper releases. Kiosk mode is the only thing I'm missing.
Thanks Smile
I like to keep things clean and simple - my mantra is that it should be the content that is the focus, not the skin. I think its pretty easy to loose sight of this when skinning and keep trying to add flashier and flashier elements like dvd cases etc. that just end up distracting from the content.

Check latest git for kiosk mode, just added it.

(2015-02-27, 00:19)Bram77 Wrote: This skin, with the all dark theme, is crazy sexy! It's been quite a while since I've been excited about a new skin. This one is just plain awesome.

Thank you!
Thanks. Quite happy with the all dark theme myself - its actually pried me away from eminence on my loungeroom setup which I really wasn't expecting to happen.
(2015-02-26, 23:52)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-26, 19:08)thrak76 Wrote: Yes, that fix works. However, strangely I have to tick "show visualization behind slideshow" in order to get the visualization. But I don't have the "show artist slideshow" ticked. Otherwise I'm only presented with a black screen. So it would be more intuitive to me if all options un-ticked defaulted to visualization.
That's the way it was supposed to be, it was just the visibility conditions were a little complicated but I think it should be fixed now... I hope....

The visualization works great. Now the artist slideshow options are greyed out if the slideshow is not turned on. Perfect.

I also started using the icons on the home screen and they are a nice addition.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37