• 48(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
(2015-03-05, 07:51)locomot1f Wrote: peace @jurialmunkey,

I'm really diggin' the Large font selection.
just wondering if the line height should be adjusted accordingly.
text layouts seems a bit congested maybe a way to adjust the kerning too, to make things feel like they're not overlapping... Huh

I added the linespacing for the Large, to this:
Code:
<font>
            <name>Small</name>
            <filename>RobotoCondensed-Regular.ttf</filename>
            <size>34</size>
            <linespacing>1.85</linespacing>
        </font>

i think it works... i think that was the correct thing to change...Huh
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2015-03-05, 19:26)colbert Wrote: For video add-ons I can only see views Big List and Thumbnail, I really prefer List is that possible to enable?

Also, when going to customise home menu and select background for an item, I get locked into one folder: http://i.imgur.com/lsWdMJf.png (tried all keys and nothing allows to access parent/other folders above where desired images are).
(2015-03-05, 22:29)colbert Wrote: Also, when going to customise home menu and select background for an item, I get locked into one folder: http://i.imgur.com/lsWdMJf.png (tried all keys and nothing allows to access parent/other folders above where desired images are).

Did you turn off "show parent folder items" in settings-->appearance-->File lists?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
No it's been checked
(2015-03-05, 07:13)Woppie Wrote: Are you planning to make the weather icons selectable just like Eminence?
The standard ones are to cartoonesc and don't fit the skin while the more realistic icons would make a nice match.
Unlikely. However, I will probably move the icons out to the extras directory so that users can change them if they wish to.

(2015-03-05, 09:20)ocmdiaz714 Wrote: I feel the "content loading" string that appears when using the classic widget style is unnecessary. Can you please tell me how to disable it?
In Includes_Home.xml look for the label controls with the "Busy label" description and remove the whole control.

(2015-03-05, 11:16)dalben Wrote: I have 3 XBMC installs and a PC install where I do the testing. What's the easiest way to copy the setup/menus/config from one Artic zephyr install to another ?
(2015-03-05, 15:13)thrak76 Wrote: Copy the guisettings.xml from your userdata (wiki) folder. This may have adverse affects if all your installs are not the same platform though. You may have to reconfigure system/output/etc. settings.
I think you might also need to copy the script.skinshortcuts addon data folder. its at userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts

(2015-03-05, 19:06)magy77 Wrote: 1. The widget trending movie is only in english right?
2. Maybe its possible to show by the music widgets the tracks instead of album infos over an option. Because some albums got no information...
1. Yeah, its from trakt.tv - I think the extendedinfo script only sets language for imdb.
2. Not possible afaik.

(2015-03-05, 19:26)colbert Wrote: For video add-ons I can only see views Big List and Thumbnail, I really prefer List is that possible to enable?
What views you can use is dependant on the content type -- if the addon sets a content type that is movies/tvshows/episodes then you can use other views. This is to avoid people complaining about scaling issues of artwork.

(2015-03-05, 19:54)Smobbo Wrote:
(2015-03-04, 13:39)Smobbo Wrote: I've been using the classic widget and it really adds points to the WAF Wink ! It is very clear to see what is going on and what happens when you press left or right, great work!

I've just been struggling with the fanart in the homescreen.
What i would like to have is 1 picture as background when you're in the homescreen (fallback image for example), when i press up to go to the different classic widget items i would like to see the corresponding fanart.
However i'm now only able to do the following 2 things:
1. Fallback image always, also when selecting a classic widget item
2. Always show rotating fanart of the classic widget items, even when in homemenu.

Is there a way to have it as i described or is this just not possible at the moment? And of course the follow up question: if this is not possible, could/would you implement this?
Hi JM, I think my message got drowned in the large amount of questions that are asked. Could you give me some help with this?
Not possible currently. I posted a poll in the forum about this.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220444

(2015-03-05, 20:03)locomot1f Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 07:51)locomot1f Wrote: peace @jurialmunkey,

I'm really diggin' the Large font selection.
just wondering if th,e line height should be adjusted accordingly.
text layouts seems a bit congested maybe a way to adjust the kerning too, to make things feel like they're not overlapping... Huh

I added the linespacing for the Large, to this:
Code:
<font>
            <name>Small</name>
            <filename>RobotoCondensed-Regular.ttf</filename>
            <size>34</size>
            <linespacing>1.85</linespacing>
        </font>

i think it works... i think that was the correct thing to change...Huh
Linespacing for *Small* wont change much as its not used in textboxes. *Tiny* is the one used in textboxes. It pretty much has to be this way to avoid cut off text as textboxes dont auto resize. Believe me, I tried multiple linespacing options and this was the best I could come up with that works in the most spots. It really isn't ideal at all, basically a massive compromise and I was considering not even including the option at all.

(2015-03-05, 22:29)colbert Wrote: Also, when going to customise home menu and select background for an item, I get locked into one folder: http://i.imgur.com/lsWdMJf.png (tried all keys and nothing allows to access parent/other folders above where desired images are).
Add an additional source in the file manager - then it will show up in skinshortcuts dialog.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
This is probably a corner case and not that important, but just so you know.
@Razze - haha, I knew this was a limitation - was waiting for someone to point it out. I wasn't sure if there were even tv shows with 99+ episodes in a season. Will fix shortly. Smile

EDIT: Should be fixed on git now.
Hi,

New user of the Arctic skin. Quite nice! Smile

I noticed in LiveTV it doesnt have a submenu for Radio TV channels. To check it wasnt a limitation of Kodi, i switched to the Bello skin and it does have a Radio submenu in the LiveTV section and works fine.

Not a major drawback, but would be nice. Smile

Cheers.
Also.. I cant seem to find "Favourites" functionality (unless i missed something...)

Thanks.
Skin settings > home > customise home menu > choose shortcut.
Is it possible to update the EPG so that the channel logos don't show up the right of the channel name. Instead, can the logos show up to the left of the program description at the bottom? Can the logos also show up in the information view when watching a Live TV channel?

Also:

Is there some way I can fix the remaining menu items so that they are centered instead of off to the left? The extended weathermap add-on doesn't seem to work with this skin.

Thanks for the sexy skin! This has been added to my list of favorites!
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
(2015-03-05, 23:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 09:20)ocmdiaz714 Wrote: I feel the "content loading" string that appears when using the classic widget style is unnecessary. Can you please tell me how to disable it?
In Includes_Home.xml look for the label controls with the "Busy label" description and remove the whole control.

Thank you. Removing the control did get rid of the text; however, the blue loading icon still shows up.
The loading indicator control is right next to it. Should be fairly obvious which control you need to remove
(2015-03-06, 06:05)SheHateMe Wrote: 1. Is it possible to update the EPG so that the channel logos don't show up the right of the channel name. Instead, can the logos show up to the left of the program description at the bottom?

2. Can the logos also show up in the information view when watching a Live TV channel?

3. Is there some way I can fix the remaining menu items so that they are centered instead of off to the left?

4. The extended weathermap add-on doesn't seem to work with this skin.
1. It is possible, however I wont be doing this as some people don't use channel logos or dont have logos for all channels - imo it looks weird with a blank space and resizing the text to fill is really disorientating if only some channels dont have logos.

2. Added on git.

3. Not really. Because the clock is not a fixed width to accomodate the date label, its not really possible to get them to center properly in the space and it looks worse when this is attempted - the only possibility would be to remove the clock from the home menu, which I dont think is really an option because I would expect most people want a clock on the homescreen.

4. All weather addons should work. However, the skin only supports basic weather features -- it doesn't support additional features like maps etc.
(2015-03-06, 02:21)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Razze - haha, I knew this was a limitation - was waiting for someone to point it out. I wasn't sure if there were even tv shows with 99+ episodes in a season. Will fix shortly. Smile

EDIT: Should be fixed on git now.

Thank you!
This is probably a lot more important for users who view shows with absolute numbering (anime)
But that in my example was not an absolute season Wink
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37