• 49(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
(2015-03-06, 05:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: Skin settings > home > customise home menu > choose shortcut.

Thanks jurialmunkey. Restored family harmony Smile

Great work!

Cheers.
Hi, just switched to this skin and love the look, but i have a question about the widgets. I set them to "none" on my settings and power main menu items, yet a widget still shows up, is this a bug or by design?
(2015-03-06, 14:07)asha_man Wrote: Hi, just switched to this skin and love the look, but i have a question about the widgets. I set them to "none" on my settings and power main menu items, yet a widget still shows up, is this a bug or by design?

You need to set a slideshow when widget should be disabled.
(2015-03-06, 14:07)asha_man Wrote: Hi, just switched to this skin and love the look, but i have a question about the widgets. I set them to "none" on my settings and power main menu items, yet a widget still shows up, is this a bug or by design?

Read FAQ on first post.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Just donated and want to say thanks for Arctic: Zephyr and Eminence. Both great skins and my favorites.

Keep up the great work!

Greets from Germany
noticed a small bug. if you're using the media info view with the extra info selected and an episode does not have a rating the title text continues past the indicators.

Hi Jurial,

I simply love your new skin been using it for a few weeks now it's amazing.
Any idea what viewtypes will be supported on Advanced Launcher?

Keep up the good work Wink
Can't wait to get back home and load the latest and greatest.

thanks again
Hi guys,

I've recently installed the skin - switched from Mimic - and have a few questions.

First: While playing a video and access the Player Controls (keyboard shortcut: M), I have access to the Extra Info button. It doesn't do anything, does this depend on Extended Info?

Second: When pausing a video I would prefer if the information tab came up as well, is that possible?

Third: What is the purpose of the above image. Does it use an add-on to stream the selected video (CAM)? Does it only provide information? What are the dependencies, if any.

I'm not familiar with many of the supported add-ons. What does Info Service, Video Extras, and Artwork Downloader provide for Arctic Zephyr?

I appreciate all the work the author has done.

Thank you.
(2015-03-06, 16:18)reap705 Wrote: Just donated and want to say thanks for Arctic: Zephyr and Eminence. Both great skins and my favorites.
Keep up the great work!
Greets from Germany
Thanks Big Grin
Much appreciated!

(2015-03-06, 17:29)furii Wrote: noticed a small bug. if you're using the media info view with the extra info selected and an episode does not have a rating the title text continues past the indicators.
Good catch. Fixed on git.

(2015-03-06, 18:28)Darkxide Wrote: Hi Jurial,
I simply love your new skin been using it for a few weeks now it's amazing.
Any idea what viewtypes will be supported on Advanced Launcher?
Keep up the good work Wink
Thanks.
Most likely pretty much all of them Wink Tongue
Because of different cover aspects, pretty much every view fits Adv Launcher. Its basically just me getting around to setting Adv Launcher up again for testing as I haven't used it in a while and I've done a clean install on both my machines since I last used it.

(2015-03-06, 20:03)Edworld Wrote: Can't wait to get back home and load the latest and greatest.

thanks again
Smile

(2015-03-06, 22:23)Feralwolf Wrote: Hi guys,

I've recently installed the skin - switched from Mimic - and have a few questions.

First: While playing a video and access the Player Controls (keyboard shortcut: M), I have access to the Extra Info button. What does it do? Clicking it does nothing. Does it depend on an add-on? Is it in development?
Second: When pausing a video I would prefer if the information tab came up as well, is that possible?
Third: What is the purpose of the above image. Does it use an add-on to stream the selected video (CAM)? Does it only provide information? What are the dependencies, if any.
Fourth: I'm not familiar with much of the supported add-ons on the first page. Which of those would be beneficial for a video-only XBMC setup? Can anyone post an image of the add-on with this theme and it's purpose.
1. It literally shows extra info for now playing video. Requires script.extendedinfo.
Can install from Settings > Addons > Get Addons > Helper Addons > ExtendedInfo

2. Yes. Skin Settings > OSD > Show detailed info when video is paused.

3. Requires Extendedinfo script. It shows information about movies that are in cinemas, coming out soon, popular on themoviedb, top rated on themoviedb. There is a similar window for tvshows.

CULRC Lyrics -- Shows lyrics for the currently playing song in the music vis screen.

Cinema Experience -- Provides a "cinema experience" -- e.g. trailers etc.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Cinema_Experience

Next Aired -- Provides information in tv library about what date a show will air and or the last aired episode of a cancelled show. Also has a window run from programs which shows a calendar of when tvshows in your library air.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TV_Show_-_Next_Aired

Global Search -- Allows you to search all your media for items matching the search query. Used for search function from side menu.

Extended Info -- Provides metadata actors functionality. Allows additional info about cast members from video info screen. Provides trending movies/shows widgets. Provides extrainfo from osd controls. Provides lists of movies from director. Similar movies. Incinemas/Airing windows

Info Service -- Provides details about sets. Provides audio/subs language details in movie info dialog.
https://github.com/phil65/script.skin.info.service

TV Tunes -- Plays downloaded theme songs for tvshows when entering a show from the library
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TvTunes

Artist Slideshow -- Provides a slideshow of images for the currently playing artist in music vis.

Video Extras -- Allows access to extras/outtakes etc. that are in a special folder for videos that usually wont get scraped. Access from videoinfo dialog.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras

Artwork Downloader -- Allows downloading of additional artwork types for items in your library.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artwork_Downloader
peace @jurialmunkey,

i've noticed that with the Music OSD (when you press 'I'), there is an overlap with the seekbar and the album cover.

not sure if that was by design, but i thought i'd bring it to your attention.
-------------------------------------
now i'm pretty sure it's a bug...
just played something from my library, and it seems like everything is left justified.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2015-03-06, 23:32)locomot1f Wrote: peace @jurialmunkey,

i've noticed that with the Music OSD (when you press 'I'), there is an overlap with the seekbar and the album cover.

not sure if that was by design, but i thought i'd bring it to your attention.
-------------------------------------
now i'm pretty sure it's a bug...
just played something from my library, and it seems like everything is left justified.

Yep, sorry. Mucked something up when I was changing some seekbar stuff for tv. will fix now.
EDIT: Fixed Smile
Out of curiosity, what's the average time that this skin gets updated in the official repo once the updates hit the git?
(2015-03-05, 23:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 19:26)colbert Wrote: For video add-ons I can only see views Big List and Thumbnail, I really prefer List is that possible to enable?
What views you can use is dependant on the content type -- if the addon sets a content type that is movies/tvshows/episodes then you can use other views. This is to avoid people complaining about scaling issues of artwork.

Okay thanks Smile Any possibility to allow different views for the addons that aren't set as movie/tv/episodes?

(2015-03-05, 23:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 22:29)colbert Wrote: Also, when going to customise home menu and select background for an item, I get locked into one folder: http://i.imgur.com/lsWdMJf.png (tried all keys and nothing allows to access parent/other folders above where desired images are).
Add an additional source in the file manager - then it will show up in skinshortcuts dialog.

Thanks! Forgot about that area, thanks a lot Smile

edit: In skin settings > OSD > Use dark theme, is that the OSD during video playback when you hit info/pause/menu? I can't see any difference with it on or off so just checking (I don't use Music section in Kodi so if it's for that that explains it)
(2015-03-07, 01:26)colbert Wrote: In skin settings > OSD > Use dark theme, is that the OSD during video playback when you hit info/pause/menu? I can't see any difference with it on or off so just checking (I don't use Music section in Kodi so if it's for that that explains it)

i believe that just turns on the dark osd if you're using the light theme or dark theme with light dialogs.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37