• 53(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
(2015-03-09, 00:58)jurialmunkey Wrote: Whats the full var?

$VAR[PlayerTitle] or this

<value condition="VideoPlayer.Content(movies)">$INFO[VideoPlayer.Tagline]</value>

i want to show this line empty by movies
Great skin.
Only one minor bug that i found, when using dark theme in the home screen if the widgets are "classic style" the transparent overlay used has some banding issues.
This is amazing work...you need to get in to UX design professionally, if you're not already.
(2015-03-09, 03:06)Woppie Wrote: In the upper right the notification box I found an oddity; when there's an error like cannot connect to PVR backend (timeout) and the error is to long it won't fit the box. Maybe you can have the text scroll? maybe in adjunction with a timer till the text has scrolled entirely instead of a fixed amount in case the fixed amount is still not enough.
I don't have control over how long it stays up for. Tried with scrolling text - the problem is that if the previous notification text scrolled, then sometimes the notification text will start half way through the scroll which makes it even harder to tell what the text says. Plus with the PVR notification both lines are truncated and having both scroll makes it really distracting and difficult to read. I think more the problem is that PVR notification text is excessively long - the header and info both repeat information unnecessarily. I dont want to make the box bigger so I dont really know what to do about it -- I dont think its that much of an issue as its mostly just to inform you that the PVR backend hasnt been started yet.

(2015-03-09, 09:19)SmokeHacker Wrote: Thank you very much for this fantastic skin! It's impressive by any standards, but especially so given how quickly you've created it.

1. I would like to echo pseudoheld's request and hope you reconsider adding the ability to show numerical ratings instead of stars for all view types.

2. I think it would be helpful to display the "Recent Movies", "Ongoing Episodes", etc. label on the classic widgets at all times, not just when you press up to select them. Right now it's a bit odd to be shown a row of posters without any context of what they are unless you interact with it.

3. When you bring up the menu in a view ( where you can change the view, sort, show/hide watched, etc. ) there are small up and down arrows at the top and bottom purely as a visual indication you can scroll that menu. Those arrows do not exist on the submenus that appear when you press down on the home screen, but I think they should. It's very minor, and obviously people will figure it out, but that small visual indicator would help. Especially when the submenu has more items than can be shown and must be scrolled.

4. I love being able to lock down the skin with kiosk mode for guests and less tech-savvy people ( even though i dislike losing the ability to easily toggle show/hide watched as desired, but it's a small price to pay ), but I noticed the options for refresh, get thumb, and artwork downloader still appear on the info screen. I think those should be hidden as well. I see kiosk mode as a way to hide any potentially confusing menus or any options that can alter the UI or library data. I want to let people use Kodi to its full potential without worrying about them getting stuck in a weird menu or unknowingly changing the artwork.
1. Its a maybe at this stage.
2. Good point. I'll have a bit of play around with this idea and see how it looks.
3. Also a good point. Another thing I'll have to try out a few things with and see how it looks.
4. I was actually thinking about this the other day and how you should still have access to some of the side menu functions like search and perhaps hide watched. Will add refresh etc. to kiosk mode locks, I simply forgot about them when I implemented it.

(2015-03-09, 10:27)hacky4real Wrote: 1) vertical scrolling card view looks better than the horizontal scroll
2) light videos OSD has been disabled, is there anyway I can enable it.
Thanks
1. If you've noticed the commits about this you will see that I am in two minds about this. These panel type views I generally prefer vertical scrolling - however, for this view it is much easier to read scrolling horizontally. I probably will change it back to vertical because I think it feels more natural to scroll up and down, even if it isn't as quick to read.

2. I'm not sure what you are saying exactly? Are you talking about the Dark OSD option -- this only works if you are using the default light theme - it does nothing for the dark themes, hence why it is disabled in those.

(2015-03-09, 10:41)magy77 Wrote:
(2015-03-09, 00:58)jurialmunkey Wrote: Whats the full var?

$VAR[PlayerTitle] or this

<value condition="VideoPlayer.Content(movies)">$INFO[VideoPlayer.Tagline]</value>

i want to show this line empty by movies
Simply delete the whole line. Then on the last <value> line that doesn't have a condition, add condition="!VideoPlayer.Content(movies)". An exclamation mark signifies "not".

e.g.
Code:
<variable name="PlayerTitle">
        <value condition="!Player.HasVideo">$INFO[MusicPlayer.TrackNumber,,. ]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title]</value>
        <value condition="VideoPlayer.Content(livetv)">$INFO[VideoPlayer.ChannelNumber,,. ]$INFO[VideoPlayer.ChannelName]</value>
        <value condition="substring(Player.Filenameandpath,http)">$LOCALIZE[31107]</value>
        <value condition="VideoPlayer.Content(episodes)">$INFO[VideoPlayer.Season,,x]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Episode,,.]$INFO[Player.Title]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Premiered,  (,)]</value>
        <value condition="!VideoPlayer.Content(movies)">$LOCALIZE[291]</value>
    </variable>
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-03-09, 14:33)Dimitriss Wrote: Great skin.
Only one minor bug that i found, when using dark theme in the home screen if the widgets are "classic style" the transparent overlay used has some banding issues.
Thanks.
Do you have a screenshot as I can't see what you mean? You're not talking about the 10px border at the top that is slight more transparent?

(2015-03-09, 14:37)mortstar Wrote: This is amazing work...you need to get in to UX design professionally, if you're not already.
Thanks. If only... Tongue
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Jurial,

Firstly, thank you for the excellent skin, its the first one that that has managed to pull me away from Aeon Nox.

1. I would also like to add my vote for the option of showing the rating instead of stars in the non list views where it is not already shown, or at least in the info dialog.

Also I am not trying to criticise, just provide feedback, but are these bugs? I am using the latest version, 1.0.8 from the repo.

2. There is a double file extension in shortcuts/overrides.xml <icon image="DefaultDirector.png.png">special://skin/extras/icons/director.png</icon>.

3. There is a scrolling IMDB button in the top right of the select playback dialog, where the close button would be in confluence.

4. The circle and stars are still shown for the back arrow in various views, should it be hidden.

Is it possible to edit the streaming dialogue box to change the add on name to opening stream and the text opining stream to please wait..Wink
One feature I really thought added to the WOW factor in eminence was the ability to see a TV show's clearart logo when I bring up the OSD (the display when I have the ability to pause, stop, etc)...I hope that is what the correct art type title is. I've noticed that I don't see this pretty picture/artwork doing the same thing in A:Z.

Is there any chance that this feature will find its way into this skin?
Any infos on when discart will be supported? BTW: AWESOME skin!
(2015-03-09, 19:51)wripet Wrote: Any infos on when discart will be supported? BTW: AWESOME skin!
Read First Post. Wont be supported.
@jurialmunkey
I´am translating at transifex and found a word which makes absolutely no sense for me. Could you please describe/paraphrase a bit more "carded".
If I translate it, I get a word in my language which I never heard in my entire life Big Grin
(2015-03-09, 21:48)Namerp Wrote: @jurialmunkey
I´am translating at transifex and found a word which makes absolutely no sense for me. Could you please describe/paraphrase a bit more "carded".
If I translate it, I get a word in my language which I never heard in my entire life Big Grin

carded as in a deck of cards, i believe.
Stacked maybe? Never heard of the word.
Wouldn't even know where it's used.
It's the name of one of the view modes. There are 4 (or is it 6?) "cards" on screen that scroll horizontally.
(2015-03-09, 22:45)bryanbrazil Wrote: It's the name of one of the view modes. There are 4 (or is it 6?) "cards" on screen that scroll horizontally.
tx that helped a lot (german translation now 100% complete)
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37