• 144(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
(2016-02-15, 12:50)dills18 Wrote: I'm sure this will have been answered somewhere within the 143 pages of this thread, maybe if I had a full day I'd find it but I'll ask anyway,

I'm running Kodi Isengard on my Minix Neo X8-H Plus and have installed Arctic Zephyr from the Kodi Repository (I have also installed Skin Helper & Skin Shortcuts)
I've set-up a library from Salts (Stream All The Sources) and on the standard theme, Confluence works perfectly. However, on Zephyr once set up in the settings (Aka; TV Shows > Recently Added Episodes)
I get a constant "Content Loading" wheel that drives me insane. The screen will eventually load after 5 Minutes! Which is crazy to say I'm only going to look at it for a couple of seconds, once toggling the past the TV Shows library and onto the Movie Library it happens all again, the "Content Loading" and another 5 minutes added. Why is this? Surely it cant be my internet speed for whatever reason, (90 Down 20 up) and I'm sure my android box is more than capable driving this skin. Am I doing something obviously wrong? Thanks for the help.
watch gallery
Sorry you won't get any help for banned piracy addons here.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but the 'Spotlight' widget is visible on the home screen during music visualization playback. I think it would be nice if the widget would hide during music playback just like it does for video playback.
Version 2.2.1

Hi guys, just a heads up that I've pushed a new version to github master branch (Jarvis).

This is a big change in the way widgets are handled - I've switched to using skinshortcuts templates. This means we now have persistent widgets that don't need to reload everytime you switch menu items.

Also, the weather widget now displays a forecast in the widget box in Classic home mode, similar to how the weather widget is in Vertical.
(2016-02-17, 05:08)jurialmunkey Wrote: Version 2.2.1

Hi guys, just a heads up that I've pushed a new version to github master branch (Jarvis).

This is a big change in the way widgets are handled - I've switched to using skinshortcuts templates. This means we now have persistent widgets that don't need to reload everytime you switch menu items.

Also, the weather widget now displays a forecast in the widget box in Classic home mode, similar to how the weather widget is in Vertical.

That's great! Big Grin Glad you've noticed that this was an issue, I thought I was being OCD with the constant reloading of widgets when you flick through the menu items. Works flawlessly now. One other thing, are you aware that season posters are not displaying? Someone's already marked this as an issue on Github and hoping you'll put the fix in your next commit.

Also, great to see you back on the scene jurialmunkey Smile
@Hustler1337 - Yeah its always been a bit of a problem, but only really fixable when templates were introduced in skinshortcuts and I haven't really had the time until just now to delve into understanding how the template function works until now.

I've fixed the season poster issue. Not even sure why that line was commented out - I think I must have done it accidentally at some stage or was testing something and forgot to revert it.
Great to see you back @jurialmunkey. How the real life treated you well. This new update is going to be great. Will install tomorrow. How do I actually add a weather widget to my home screen? I don't see an option in the previous version when I'm in the customize home screen editor.
@Talguy - you need a weather fanart addon installed and enabled - can do this from side menu on weather screen (multi is the only one I find works correctly)

Also, updates on git are Jarvis only from now on.
Thanks for updating the skin for Jarvis, I have yet to install Jarvis as I have been waiting for an official RTM release.

I was wondering if you had plans to integrate the skin helper service that some other skins are using (like Titan) to show PVR folder thumbnails. Perhaps you already have (since I am still on Kodi 15 I haven't updated to the latest version).

Anyhow thanks for the awesome skin!
(2016-02-18, 07:29)skarragallagher Wrote: Thanks for updating the skin for Jarvis, I have yet to install Jarvis as I have been waiting for an official RTM release.

I was wondering if you had plans to integrate the skin helper service that some other skins are using (like Titan) to show PVR folder thumbnails. Perhaps you already have (since I am still on Kodi 15 I haven't updated to the latest version).

Ah, I actually thought I had included PVR thumb support, but turns out I hadn't -- getting my skins mixed up! Will add to git shortly.
Many thanks for the update and your attention to details!

Using the random song as a widget for music, labels are not 100% correct.

With a couple of changes in Widget
<value condition="StringCompare(Container(300).ListItem.Property(widgetType),albums)">$INFO[Container(301).ListItem.Property(Album_Description)]</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Container(300).ListItem.Property(widgetType),songs)">Recorded by $INFO[Container(301).ListItem.Artist] on the album $INFO[Container(301).ListItem.Album,,.]</value>

And Widget Plot
<value condition="StringCompare(Container(300).ListItem.Property(widgetType),albums) | StringCompare(Container(300).ListItem.Property(widgetType),songs)">$INFO[Container(301).ListItem.Artist]$INFO[Container(301).ListItem.Year, • ,]</value>

It looks better (before/after)

Also for consistency, Would it be possible to have the new weather widget to only show on pressing up when the option 'Only display widgets when pressing up" is selected. Currently it is the only one that pops up automatically.

Last, I use advanced launcher and was wondering if you had plans to add natively a few already existing views for it.

Many thanks
@jurialmunkey

I got the lastest version from github and i was anxious to test the new keyboard autocompletition but at least for me it's unusuble. The keyboard popups but i cant enter any key. It also seems there is a open window under the keyboard that opens with it, but i can't see what it is. Could you look at it? If it's only me and you need a log, i can provide one later.

Thanks

Ok here is the log: http://xbmclogs.com/pqg62f5mv

(2016-02-18, 13:25)dr.joaomarcelo Wrote: @jurialmunkey

I got the lastest version from github and i was anxious to test the new keyboard autocompletition but at least for me it's unusuble. The keyboard popups but i cant enter any key. It also seems there is a open window under the keyboard that opens with it, but i can't see what it is. Could you look at it? If it's only me and you need a log, i can provide one later.

Thanks

Ok here is the log: http://xbmclogs.com/pqg62f5mv

I am having the exact same problem....I am not able to type anything at all

I am using the latest version from GitHub.

Thanks
(2016-02-18, 08:19)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 07:29)skarragallagher Wrote: Thanks for updating the skin for Jarvis, I have yet to install Jarvis as I have been waiting for an official RTM release.

Ah, I actually thought I had included PVR thumb support, but turns out I hadn't -- getting my skins mixed up! Will add to git shortly.
You sir are awesome!

Look forward to it
Hi jurialmunkey

I think I've mentioned this before but anyways, vertical home doesn't display scheduled recordings like the horizontal menus do.

Also, pvr channels list doesn't show any indication if a channel is currently being recorded. If you click on a channel In the list and hit record there is no marker to show you that it's recording.

Any chance you could add more hubs like eminence?
And perhaps have an option to have the hub menu on the left instead of the right so it stays in line with the rest of the skin being left to right?

Another thing I really like about eminence is the keyboard.... Being able to edit the text directly in the text box. Can we get the same keyboard in Arctic?

Anyways great to see you back and well.

Cheers,
Loggio.
(2016-02-11, 22:42)Hustler1337 Wrote: In Includes_Furniture.xml change line 409 to:

PHP Code:
<label>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDuration.Hours)]h $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDuration.Minutes),, $LOCALIZE[31102]]</label

and line 412 to:

PHP Code:
<visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDuration.Minutes)) + [Control.IsVisible(500) | Control.IsVisible(53) | Control.IsVisible(52) | Control.IsVisible(55)]</visible

Hopefully that should work

Awesome! Thanks!
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37