• 211(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
Hi,

Why not add a logo view ?
(2018-04-09, 19:41)kalle2000 Wrote:
(2018-04-09, 00:39)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-04-08, 21:52)Nervosa Wrote: @jurialmunkey

Been using this skin for a few years now and while I love it, its started to feel stale.
I really like some of the elements you have in Aura, like the color gradients and the play screen look (would still like to see the time > time ended in the right )
Any chance well see a Zephyr v2 with some tweaks?
Highly unlikely. I haven't used this skin in years, so I'm not very motivated to spend time working on new features for it.

May I ask, what do you find missing from Aura that is in Arctic?  
 @jurialmunkey any chance to see an Arctic Zephyr for Kodi 18 at all? 
 I'd also love to see Arctic Zephyr for Kodi 18 also.

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+1 ... having tried over a dozen skins over 10 years, this is the one I keep coming back to. Using Kodi 18 on Shield as 17 doesn't have both auto refresh + resolution switching. But, wish I could use Artic.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
+1 on the previous 3 posts, I'm waiting for this so I can finally upgrade to Leia! I think I read @jurialmunkey said he would update when a final RC version of Leia is released! Fingers crossed, this skin is hands down the sexiest skin out there.
(2018-04-17, 19:31)UnluckyForSome Wrote: +1 on the previous 3 posts, I'm waiting for this so I can finally upgrade to Leia! I think I read @jurialmunkey said he would update when a final RC version of Leia is released! Fingers crossed, this skin is hands down the sexiest skin out there.
 Only just started to use this skin, but out of all ive tried, this is my fav, lets see this in Leia Smile Thanks for your great work!
+1

The ONLY thing i m waiting for before switching to Leia LE builds, is THIS skin Smile
(2018-04-14, 04:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: Thanks everyone this is all really great feedback!

I appreciate that people really love Arctic (and Eminence), so I do plan to keep both up-to-date and working with new Kodi releases. I used both of these skins as my daily drivers for a very long time. However, the fact of the matter is that I simply do not have time to add new features to skins which I no longer use daily. I really only have time to work on one skin, and the skin that I use daily is Aura, so that is the skin that I spend my skinning time on. I really appreciate people taking the time to give feedback, and will look at incorporating some of it into Aura.

@Nervosa
- I have added a monochrome flag option to Aura. It is in Skin Settings > Library (you have to scroll to see the setting).
- I have been considering how to make an optional simpler home screen and you have given me a few ideas. Absolutely no ETA on this, but your feedback has been very useful.

@joro_abv
- I agree with you that the Big Poster view in Arctic is nicer. The equivalent view in Aura is definitely a weak spot in that skin which I've tried many times to address and haven't really found a solution to yet.
- By "media labels" are you referring to the audio/video info (e.g. resolution, audio channels, codec etc.)?
- Aura will eventually have a light theme.
- I am trying to maintain a distinct theme/personality for Aura, but your comments about what you like in Arctic have provided some great feedback and things for me to think about, so thankyou!
@jurialmunkey is there any way/chance to encourage you to release a kodi 18 version before RC1? :-)
Has anyone released Media Flags for HDR files?

Thanks
Shawn
I just switched to Arctic:Zephyr in Kodi 17.5 (on my NAS) and I miss 2 things. Maybe you can help me how to get this

1) I activated Kiosk mode in Settings and View: Extra Info for the submenus. All but one submenu now show me the movie length in min. - ONLY the "recently added movies" submenu doesn't show the length of a movie.

2) I use Subtitles a lot - but the Skin only gives me 2 entrys in the "Subtitles" submenu when I play a movie - Download and Enabled. I miss all the other menu entries I had with Confluence - how can I reenable them ?
Does anyone here know how to change the size of the poster that populates within the widget on the home screen? Basically hoping to enlarge the size of the poster image within this widget as I primarily use Kodi on my tv and the larger images are my preference whenever possible… can someone share which xml file would need to be modded that controls the home screen widget poster size?

Thank you!!
(2018-04-13, 09:51)joro_abv Wrote: @jurialmunkey To your question what's missing in Aura : Aura is a great skin. I use it and it is one of my favorites, but Arctic's library views are generally better - better arranged, more good looking. Especially this one :

It is perfect in every way - colors, arrangement of the information (posters, plot etc.), media labels, the clock/date ... everything, and I miss it a lot. Especially the media labels/rating, which are the best I've seen overall and I've tried almost every Kodi skin that matters.
I agree with @joro_abv, Artic was the best skin and I'm using it with Big Poster view. This is the reason not to change to Aura...
Jurial, This is by far the best skin for Kodi.  I have tried the others, but keep going back to this one.  The skin is ALMOST perfect Smile -- When I set up the main menu and create the auto load of information from other add-ons, it takes far, far too long to load up the main menu and really detracts from the overall 'coolness' of the skin.  Is there a way to potentially cache the last items loaded and once the skin completes loading, then refresh them in background? Or, perhaps set a cutomizable refresh menu items from source to be like once a week or something like that?  That would make this skin perfect !!! Thanks.
I know someone who really, really, likes this skin.

May we ask for advice?

The issue is:
With this skin enabled, Kodi 17.6 is forgetting the last position, of a played movie.

Here is the link [below] to the issue if you can take a look, I think it is a bug. I think more expert hands can advise of the nature of the issue.

Link to possible bug
[https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2746128]

Thank you
is there any way to display the disk running when we paused the movie instead of clearart?
    Another question, is it possible after returning to play the panel if it recovers automatically?
   I'm using kodi 17.6
Is anyone willing to further develop this skin?
  • 211(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37