• 5(current)
Alpha Equilibrium (Helix)
Going bananas
Equilibrium for Kodi Helix

See first post for Infos and Download Link
First of all, thank you!

Amazing work!

I have one first comment: It is a little difficult to see the current highlighted item in the top menu, because the colors of the selected item and the rest of the items are almost identical. Especially when standing on the menu line itself and when you have a bright fan art on the background.

Again, thank you for your amazing work.

Tal.
Following my previous post, here is an example.

The current selected item is "VIDEOS", but its color is too similar to the other items.

Thanx for the first comment Smile

I think I'll dim the unfocused items a bit more.

Cheers

You have no movies in your library?
(2015-04-21, 23:54)butchabay Wrote: Thanx for the first comment Smile

Cheers

Great work man Smile. Will start testing soon for bugs Smile
Is List2 the only option for TV media view ? Using on a nexus 7 and that seems to be the only option
(2015-04-22, 03:21)Oath Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 23:54)butchabay Wrote: Thanx for the first comment Smile

Cheers

Great work man Smile. Will start testing soon for bugs Smile

Thanx Smile

(2015-04-22, 05:04)fallingravity2 Wrote: Is List2 the only option for TV media view ? Using on a nexus 7 and that seems to be the only option

It's noted in the first post, only List View for the moment. More views will come with the next update.
Hi,

One small suggestion: when starting Kodi, there is a "please wait while loading" screen. I suggest to add some kind of a moving animation, so the user won't think that the software is frozen.

On fast PC it isn't that important since the screen appears for 1-2 seconds only. But on slower systems (e.g. Raspberry Pi), the screen appears for a longer time, and there it might be more noticeable.

Best Regards,
Tal.
Hi,

Another comment on your great skin.

In my humble opinion, I think that the look and feel and the animation of the sub menu are little confusing.

A. I think that the images in the sub-menu aren't that obvious. For example the image for the "Next Up" which is a pin-point inside a TV.

B. The sub-menu is much bigger and take more space than the main-menu, so on first look is isn't that clear that this is a sub-menu under one of the options in the main menu.

C. The sub-menu items are aligned perfectly with the episodes beneath. In the screenshot, all 4 episodes on the bottom are "Newly added" episodes, but one may think that each
episode is related to the item directly above it (e.g. the second episode from left, Last Man standing 4x20, is "Unwatched").

D. The animation is also confusing. I'm talking about the lines position changes when going into and outside of the sub-menu.

I really like the design in the initial position, where there is a clear text label above the episodes, so it is clear about the type/category of each episode.

Best Regards,
Tal.
(2015-04-22, 12:33)talisel Wrote: Hi,

One small suggestion: when starting Kodi, there is a "please wait while loading" screen. I suggest to add some kind of a moving animation, so the user won't think that the software is frozen.

On fast PC it isn't that important since the screen appears for 1-2 seconds only. But on slower systems (e.g. Raspberry Pi), the screen appears for a longer time, and there it might be more noticeable.

Best Regards,
Tal.

Well that's strange as i've set a delay in ms, so normally the duration should be the same on all systems. But a moving animation shouldn't be a problem.

(2015-04-22, 13:13)talisel Wrote: Hi,

Another comment on your great skin.

In my humble opinion, I think that the look and feel and the animation of the sub menu are little confusing.

A. I think that the images in the sub-menu aren't that obvious. For example the image for the "Next Up" which is a pin-point inside a TV.

B. The sub-menu is much bigger and take more space than the main-menu, so on first look is isn't that clear that this is a sub-menu under one of the options in the main menu.

C. The sub-menu items are aligned perfectly with the episodes beneath. In the screenshot, all 4 episodes on the bottom are "Newly added" episodes, but one may think that each
episode is related to the item directly above it (e.g. the second episode from left, Last Man standing 4x20, is "Unwatched").

D. The animation is also confusing. I'm talking about the lines position changes when going into and outside of the sub-menu.

I really like the design in the initial position, where there is a clear text label above the episodes, so it is clear about the type/category of each episode.

Best Regards,
Tal.

Concerning the hidden submenu. This should be self explaining, because if you want reach the bottom you HAVE to press down and after that it's noticable that there is a Navigation Menu.
I never liked submenus that are always visible. In this skin there is not really a submenu but more a kind of hub, where you can reach your desired media really fast.

A. It wasn't an easy task creating a lot of icons. The pin point is somethin like " Look, something's pinned that you wanna watch " ... but i can change it with a simple right arrow Smile

B. It is intentional and the idea behind is to keep all the widgets with the same look and feel.

C. That's why the Submenu / Hubmenu item is focused and for the same reason as explained in B

D. Hmm, but what about navigation ? I can't use only the initial design, because it doesn't allow me to navigate. But feel free to make a mockup. As said i'm open for good ideas Smile

Thanks for your feedback.
Are you going to have some kind of bugs/ticket list? I will be happy to contribute to this list once possible.
(2015-04-27, 10:57)talisel Wrote: Are you going to have some kind of bugs/ticket list? I will be happy to contribute to this list once possible.

Just post the bugs you've found here. If possible with a screenshot. I'll keep the list in the 1th page of this thread updated.

Thanx

I have a new idea for the home menu ... let's see Smile
Great work as usual. ?

However, it would be nice if we could enable/disable toplevel menu items for which we do or don't use. I hacked the Home.xml to suit me, but it would be nicer and quicker to do it from the settings.

If this is already planned, I didn't say anything. Big Grin
Not heard any updates in a while, just checking in. Been playing with this Skin at home. Keep up the good work butchabay.. Just a quick question, will there be a way to add playlists to the top bar in the final version..

Diolch
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Equilibrium (Helix)10