Poll: Which view types do you prefer? (MUSIC / MOVIES / TV SHOWS LIBRARY ONLY)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Thumbnail / Icon
9.09%
Wide List
3.41%
List Info
9.09%
List Info 2
14.77%
List Info 3
28.41%
Thumbs Info
9.09%
Wrap Info
5.68%
3D Wrap
10.23%
Wall
9.09%
Fanart
1.14%
Total
88 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
View Type suggestions and feature requests
Hi all.

I'm trying to find out which view types people use the most, to give me an idea where to improve, put my focus and extra attention to.

Please take a second to vote. Notice that the above poll is only for the music, movie and tv show library.

If you have any suggestions for features, improvements, details and layouts regarding the different view types, please let me know using this thread.

I recommend that you install my repository manually from zip to automatically receive the latest development updates.

Any help and input is very appreciated.
I love the wrap info in it's more compact form (as I prefer to have the coverart visible as much as possible), but have some suggestions for it and in general :
- change the movie name font color to something more soft, but more readable, like the director/writer/year labels blue, or directly to white.
- remove the blue background of the codec/format/PG-rating stuff, as it gets too emphasized with those backs and somewhat "moves the balance" away from the movies list, which is the important thing :-).
- add an option to autohide this top bar with the breadcrumbs and date/time after some timeout of 3-5 sec, for example. Like, when you do some navigation with the remote, it appears and then when you stop on some item - it goes off after 3-5 secs. My idea overall is to make the coverart more visible in general.
- improve the "watched" indicator as it is not that good looking, neither that visible. A triangle mark at the bottom right corner is the best ... yes, it is trivial, we've seen it many times, but it is still the best - doesn't cover a lot and still it's well noticeable.

Overall, the skin is great and I love it ! Keep up the good work !
I really like List Info 3 for browsing my anime library. The poster and fanart help give me a quick idea of what kind of show each series is and then I can stop and read the plot real quick on the same screen if something catches my eye. Really nice for the times I'm scrolling through everything looking for a certain type of show to watch.

I like Thumbnails for Movies. Usually stick with List Info 3 for TV. A lot of my shows are old ones without banners, so I use one of the list views instead. Usually stick with 3 because (I don't have it in front of me and hope I'm remembering this correctly) it doesn't show the ratings in the list of shows. Seeing the ratings prominently displayed in the other views always bug me.

I kinda agree with joro_abv above. The "watched" indicator can be hard to see in Thumbnail view. I like the idea of the mark in the corner. I'm thinking a blue mark in the corner would stand out a lot more.

Like this, but of course in Rapier blue and replace camera with a white checkmark or other symbol. Or you might even be able to just leave it sold blue.

Would it be hard to also add an additional indicator for movies with extras when using the Video Extras addon? Like maybe extras indicator on the left and watched on the right or something like that.
a nice feature would be a different view for movie sets. like when you are in a wall view and then open a collection, it would be nice if the collection view is a dialog or another view since 1 to 4 movies looks weird in wall view.
(2015-02-03, 11:45)Gade Wrote: Hi all.

I'm trying to find out which view types people use the most, to give me an idea where to improve, put my focus and extra attention to.

Please take a second to vote. Notice that the above poll is only for the music, movie and tv show library.

If you have any suggestions for features, improvements, details and layouts regarding the different view types, please let me know using this thread.

Any help and input is very appreciated.

I Would LOVE to see a bigger wall, more titles on the wallpage, i have 60 inch tv only 4 rows is simple not anough...Smile great great theme, just missing this little option, would it be possible to do this?
Hi guys.

Thanks for all the feedback - I really really appreciate it!

I have taken note of every suggestion. Some will make it into the skin, some won't. This will not be immediately, so if your suggestion doesn't get realized right away, maybe it will happen later.

And please continue to vote using the poll above.

I recommend that you install my repository manually from zip to automatically receive the latest development updates.

Let me answer some of your inputs:

(2015-02-04, 11:23)joro_abv Wrote: - remove the blue background of the codec/format/PG-rating stuff, as it gets too emphasized with those backs and somewhat "moves the balance" away from the movies list, which is the important thing :-).

Hi joro_abv.

You can change the media flag color yourself to dark grey/white in the skin settings.

(2015-02-04, 11:23)joro_abv Wrote: - add an option to autohide this top bar with the breadcrumbs and date/time after some timeout of 3-5 sec, for example. Like, when you do some navigation with the remote, it appears and then when you stop on some item - it goes off after 3-5 secs. My idea overall is to make the coverart more visible in general.

You're not the first one to suggest this. I will see if it's possible to do in a nice manner.

(2015-02-09, 11:11)Thales Wrote: Image
Would it be hard to also add an additional indicator for movies with extras when using the Video Extras addon? Like maybe extras indicator on the left and watched on the right or something like that.

Hi Thales.

This requires a lot of work. It's not a top priority, but it's already planned sometime in the future.

(2015-02-11, 02:09)Cruzader1986 Wrote: a nice feature would be a different view for movie sets. like when you are in a wall view and then open a collection, it would be nice if the collection view is a dialog or another view since 1 to 4 movies looks weird in wall view.

Hi Cruzader1986.

You can change the view type for each movie set, when inside the set itself. It's possible to do this and keep the Wall View for the overall movie set library.

By default, Rapier will use your previous view type (in your case Wall View), so you'll have to change it for each set.

(2015-03-22, 02:17)IIIdefconIII Wrote: I Would LOVE to see a bigger wall, more titles on the wallpage, i have 60 inch tv only 4 rows is simple not anough...Smile great great theme, just missing this little option, would it be possible to do this?

Hi llldefconlll.

I will se what I can do about that. If it looks good, I'll include it in the skin.
(2015-03-22, 15:58)Gade Wrote: Hi llldefconlll.

I will se what I can do about that. If it looks good, I'll include it in the skin.

thanks would be great!
what about add custom category add-on shortcuts support?
option to change home standaard catagories to go to other place, id like to have when click on videos it goes to videos add-ons
one more, at the skin -> home -> programs

is it possible to allouw us to add live tv add-ons?
sorry for spamming but it is what it is. When enabled live tv in option, can we skip te Rapier Skin loading tv channels click to dismiss screen?
(2015-03-23, 03:02)IIIdefconIII Wrote: what about add custom category add-on shortcuts support?

Sorry, but that would require too much coding and most likely also slow down the skin performance.

(2015-03-23, 03:08)IIIdefconIII Wrote: option to change home standaard catagories to go to other place, id like to have when click on videos it goes to videos add-ons

You can create that using custom categories.

Videos can either go to library or files, music can either go to library or files and live tv can either go to channels or epg.

(2015-03-23, 06:47)IIIdefconIII Wrote: one more, at the skin -> home -> programs

is it possible to allouw us to add live tv add-ons?

No that's not possible. Live tv add-ons do not show up as regular add-ons.

(2015-03-23, 07:05)IIIdefconIII Wrote: sorry for spamming but it is what it is. When enabled live tv in option, can we skip te Rapier Skin loading tv channels click to dismiss screen?

That is needed for the live tv channels widget in the home screen.

If you disable that widget, you will not see the loading screen again.
Thanks! got it never mind about those options then xD
Hi guys.

Just to let you know the Wall View update for movies and tv shows with 5x14 posters is available in my repository.

Follow these steps to install my repo, and then you'll automatically receive the development updates of Rapier.
gade amazing skin, my wife loves the skin on our living room as a show off to friends and family, it looks classy and simple she says, GREAT JOB!!!!!
what i use is.
for movies= 3d wrap with animated fan art
for tv shows=, i search on link 2 with banners
for season view i use link 3

what we would love to see is when i click on an actor on the movie library section that all of his movies and information comes up, like extended info script. i personally would love to see disc art but i dont think it would go with your classy skin
thank you gade
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
View Type suggestions and feature requests1