Poll: Which view types do you prefer? (MUSIC / MOVIES / TV SHOWS LIBRARY ONLY)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Thumbnail / Icon
9.09%
Wide List
3.41%
List Info
9.09%
List Info 2
14.77%
List Info 3
28.41%
Thumbs Info
9.09%
Wrap Info
5.68%
3D Wrap
10.23%
Wall
9.09%
Fanart
1.14%
Total
88 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 2(current)
View Type suggestions and feature requests
(2015-03-24, 00:37)Gade Wrote: Hi guys.

Just to let you know the Wall View update for movies and tv shows with 5x14 posters is available in my repository.

Follow these steps to install my repo, and then you'll automatically receive the development updates of Rapier.

I update the skin but i dont see it?
(2015-03-24, 00:37)Gade Wrote: Hi guys.

Just to let you know the Wall View update for movies and tv shows with 5x14 posters is available in my repository.

Follow these steps to install my repo, and then you'll automatically receive the development updates of Rapier.

nvm found the option inder view option in wall view, thanks this is just great!!! where to donate i would saty?
Glad you like it.

No need to donate - I do this for fun. Smile
(2015-03-24, 01:46)eelcholo Wrote: gade amazing skin, my wife loves the skin on our living room as a show off to friends and family, it looks classy and simple she says, GREAT JOB!!!!!
what i use is.
for movies= 3d wrap with animated fan art
for tv shows=, i search on link 2 with banners
for season view i use link 3

what we would love to see is when i click on an actor on the movie library section that all of his movies and information comes up, like extended info script. i personally would love to see disc art but i dont think it would go with your classy skin
thank you gade

Hi eelcholo.

Thanks so much for all the kind words and feedback. My wife says the same thing and loves that it's pretty easy to use Smile

Metadata actors support using script.extendedinfo is already planned, and I think I'll start working on it soon.

I have already considered disc art, but like you, I don't really think it fits with the simplicity of the skin (I don't wanna bloat it).
Just let me know if im asking to much, but this, this would defintly make youre skin one of a kind. Just no sure if its even possible with the code we use, maybe css?

The image looks really really great!

But I don't think it fits with the style of Rapier.

Also, I don't have the time right now and my priority is metadata actor support using script.extendedinfo (and other stuff from the same script).
(2015-03-30, 10:50)Gade Wrote: The image looks really really great!

Also, I don't have the time right now and my priority is metadata actor support using script.extendedinfo (and other stuff from the same script).

np ty
(2015-03-30, 10:50)Gade Wrote: The image looks really really great!

YES!!!! metadata actor, great job gade
Hi.... Music add-ons fanart images not showing in my add-ons list.... They are showing in the get more list.... But not my addons list.. version 7.3.0 Android
(2015-04-01, 03:25)godson66 Wrote: Hi.... Music add-ons fanart images not showing in my add-ons list.... They are showing in the get more list.... But not my addons list.. version 7.3.0 Android

This is a thread dedicated to view type suggestions/improvements.

Please post in the official thread for Rapier 7.x with a detailed description of the issue (I need a little more info than above).

Thanks!.
(2015-02-04, 11:23)joro_abv Wrote: - add an option to autohide this top bar with the breadcrumbs and date/time after some timeout of 3-5 sec, for example. Like, when you do some navigation with the remote, it appears and then when you stop on some item - it goes off after 3-5 secs. My idea overall is to make the coverart more visible in general.

I have added this to all versions of the skin. Please test it out and let me know what you think.

You will find the skin setting in the "General" section.

If you have installed my repository, you will automatically receive the update.
(2015-02-09, 11:11)Thales Wrote: I really like List Info 3 for browsing my anime library. The poster and fanart help give me a quick idea of what kind of show each series is and then I can stop and read the plot real quick on the same screen if something catches my eye. Really nice for the times I'm scrolling through everything looking for a certain type of show to watch.

Hey,

So far I love the Rapier Skin, just one little thing is bugging me:

Like Thales I'm using "List Info 3" for browsing my anime library.
I often choose shows according to their genres.
The problem: the thin, light-colored Font above a light backgound above a light Fanart is pretty hard to read, furthermore the font isn't auto scrolling, so I can just see the first one or two Genres...
I think it's not much work to fix this somehow (a darker background, a thicker Font...) but unfortunately I don't know how to do this, so I have to come up here and bug. Sorry. Smile
Would you be this kind and try to lead me to a solution?

Cheers, Xerx
(2015-04-08, 23:15)Xerx3s Wrote: Hey,

So far I love the Rapier Skin, just one little thing is bugging me:

Like Thales I'm using "List Info 3" for browsing my anime library.
I often choose shows according to their genres.
The problem: the thin, light-colored Font above a light backgound above a light Fanart is pretty hard to read, furthermore the font isn't auto scrolling, so I can just see the first one or two Genres...
I think it's not much work to fix this somehow (a darker background, a thicker Font...) but unfortunately I don't know how to do this, so I have to come up here and bug. Sorry. Smile
Would you be this kind and try to lead me to a solution?

Cheers, Xerx

Hi Xerx and welcome to the forums.

Thanks a bunch for the kind words.

You might be on to something Smile

I have increased the brightness of the font by 15%, but I won't let it scroll - I think that will be too distracting for the eyes.

If you install my repository manually from zip, you will automatically receive development updates of Rapier. I have just pushed this update to the repo, so if you test it out, please let me know what you think.

If you like, you can edit the xml's yourself and add the scrolling part. Just be aware that every time the skin is updated, the edits are overwritten.

Cheers
Christian
Is there a way to add a wall view for genres? The icons have a lot of blank space between them, so either a wall view, or icons closer together (so more will fit on a screen) would be more visually appealing.

By the way, I really like your skin. I'm playing around with it right now, and it has the potential to replace Aeon MQ, which I've been using for the past couple of years.

Cheers, Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO
Minix Neo U9-H, Logitech Harmony Elite
(2015-05-11, 04:40)Carl314 Wrote: Is there a way to add a wall view for genres? The icons have a lot of blank space between them, so either a wall view, or icons closer together (so more will fit on a screen) would be more visually appealing.

By the way, I really like your skin. I'm playing around with it right now, and it has the potential to replace Aeon MQ, which I've been using for the past couple of years.

Cheers, Carl.

Hi Carl.

I will take a look at Icon View for all sections of Kodi and can probably improve something (icons closer together is a great idea).

For genres, I myself use custom genre icons with Expanded List View. You can find the view options in the top options menu bar.

Do you still run XBMC Gotham (your signature)? I highly recommend updating to Kodi 14.2 or 15 beta as Rapier has even more features here (and the next Rapier update is aimed at those two versions). Smile

Cheers
Gade
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
View Type suggestions and feature requests1