• 4(current)
WavforHue - a music visualization for Philips Hue lights
ironic_monkey, I will get the deb technique down after I build for android (the last system I can personally test). While building for android I followed the README.android. In it, it mentions "NOTE: if you only want to build specific addons you can specify like this: $ make -C target/binary-addons ADDONS="pvr.hts pvr.dvblink"". Where does my addon need to be for this to work? I have it in ~/visualization.wavforhue, but that make command does not pick it up. It fails with some message like "no addons to build."

Once my android Kodis are built (will take all night), I'll try your suggestion from 2145388 (post). If there is an easier or better way now, please let me know.
EDIT: Ignore this. I still have problems building, but this problem was related to not running cmake in the root of the addon. In my case, I had to run cmake in ~/visualization.wavforhue. I was running it in a subdirectory called "build".

Running into a problem running make for cross building my addon. cmake completed. But make gives me an error. Do I have to run ./configure and make in ~/xbmc-android before attempting to cross build an addon?

My addon is at ~/visualization.wavforhue
I have an arm Android Kodi cloned with dependencies built per README.android at ~/xbmc-android.

I use this cmake
Code:
cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=visualization.waveform -DADDON_SRC_PREFIX=~/ -DPACKAGE_ZIP=1 -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH= ~/xbmc-android/project/cmake/addons -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=~/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target/Toolchain_binaddons.cmake
And it completes!

But I get this error about TinyXML when I run make:
Code:
-- Checking to see if CXX compiler accepts flag -flto - yes
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:108 (message):
  Could NOT find TinyXML (missing: TINYXML_INCLUDE_DIR TINYXML_LIBRARIES)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:315 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  FindTinyXML.cmake:24 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:9 (find_package)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
i thought depends should be enough. wsnipex?
EDIT: Ignore this. See post 47.
I'm alternatively trying
Code:
osboxes@osboxes:~/xbmc-android-arm/tools/depends$ make -C target/binary-addons ADDONS="visualization.wavforhue"
but get the error
Code:
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:215 (message):
  No addons available to be built

I think if I just knew where to put my addon in the build tree it might work...
Update: New Kodi error message below.

I was able to cmake and build! But I had to hard code the following into /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindCURL.cmake

Code:
set( CURL_INCLUDE_DIR "/home/osboxes/xbmc-android-arm/tools/depends/target/curl/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/include" )
set( CURL_LIBRARY "/home/osboxes/xbmc-android-arm/tools/depends/target/curl/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/lib/.libs/libcurl.so" )

Without that cmake fails with

Code:
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:108 (message):
  Could NOT find CURL (missing: CURL_LIBRARY CURL_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:315 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindCURL.cmake:54 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:8 (find_package)

Something must be incorrect in my CMakeLists.txt https://github.com/hardyt/visualization....eLists.txt.

After hardcoding those locations it built. But looks like Android does not like me using curl:

Code:
01:29:26 T:18446744073420655232   DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - WavforHue
01:29:26 T:18446744073420655232   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/visualization.waveforhue/libvisualization.wavforhue.so)
01:29:26 T:18446744073420655232   DEBUG: Loading: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/visualization.waveforhue/libvisualization.wavforhue.so
01:29:26 T:18446744073420655232   ERROR: Unable to load /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/visualization.waveforhue/libvisualization.wavforhue.so, reason: dlopen failed: library 'libcurl.so.5' not found

I am lost..
Got it to work by changing
Code:
set( CURL_LIBRARY "/home/osboxes/xbmc-android-arm/tools/depends/target/curl/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/lib/.libs/libcurl.so" )
to
Code:
set( CURL_LIBRARY "/home/osboxes/xbmc-android-arm/tools/android/packaging/xbmc/lib/armeabi-v7a/libcurl.so" )
in /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindCURL.cmake

What is the right way to do this in my CMakeLists.txt so I don't have to hard code this stuff in a file I shouldn't be touching?

And I wish this Hue Bridge would respond more quickly. Even with one light there are skips in the music every few seconds. I have to figure out a way to tell curl not to wait for a response.
I had the same problem in Windows with finding cURL. I had to modify C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake\share\cmake-3.5\Modules\FindCURL.cmake

Is there a reference for how to make FindCURL.cmake work correctly?
Hello,

I tried this addon some months ago without success.

Seeing the actual active developing sequence, I decided to give it a new try, but unfortunatly, this visualization is absolutly not usable. For my config at least.

I dowloaded the zip file for ubuntu 64, installed it from Kodi zip installer. I activated the visualization in Music parameters.

As soon as I launched a song, my Kodi was frozen. The Music was playing, but interaction with Kodi was lost, the visualization itself was frozen as well. Even killing my KODI session was a pain. So, for me, nothing changed since last time I tried.

I hope you will make improvments soon Smile I would really appreciate a such music analyser for my Hue in Kodi.

Thank you

PS: tested from my AMD64 CPU / RADEONHD free drivers / Ubuntu 15.10 64bit system
Did you use the 0.0.2 version? It will work. 0.0.3 is broken, but will work soon, too... this weekend I think. It took me a few days to figure out how to multithread a visualization to stop all the light activity from slowing down the waveform display and music. I think I was the first person to attempt that kind of construct! So hopefully other developers will benefit.

I'll also work on making the Hue Bridge configuration user friendly.
If it doesn't work, let me know. It might be that I'm using the master branch of Kodi (Jarvis) to build against instead of the older versions.
Yes, I used the 0.0.3 version on Jarvis. I will wait you fix to test it again. It's really nice if you found a way to optimize the performances. And yes, I would really appreciate a easy and friendly configuration tool.

Great news for the futur of this nice project.

Thank you Hardyt.
I fixed 0.0.3. The one you want is here https://github.com/hardyt/visualization....untu64.zipThe Ubuntu 64-bit version was built with Jarvis on 15.10, so it should work nicely. Just remember you have to type in the IP of your Hue bridge in the settings and press the Hue button before you play a song.

The config tool is next!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WavforHue - a music visualization for Philips Hue lights0