Tv tuner set up
I'm wanting to do a re scan as I'm missing what looks like a good new channel - but can't see how to rescan and am scared of mucking everything else up. Is there an easy way?
New services should appear automatically, you don't need to rescan for that. Have you checked the services tab to see if it's there already?
I can't see the channel I'm after, either in the stations or epg, enabled or otherwise.

My tv gets the station though, so I know it is available.
Did you check the services tab, not just the channels tab?
Hi,

In the services tab it is present and ticked, and I note the mux it is on, I have other channels from. But it is not in the epg.
You still need to select the service and press "Map to channel". Only after that will it start scraping the EPG from it.
hi , i must have read this thread 30 times today and im still no closer to getting mine working . ive set up the network part but when i go to tv adapters there is no drop down menu or anyway of selecting my card . just a folder icon that does nothing when clicked . im running on kodi 15 beta 2 . the latest tvheadend service from the unofficial repo and a avertv hybrid volar hx usb device which is listed as working in other threads and it also worked fine on my windows pc
(2015-06-21, 19:31)paulsk231 Wrote: hi , i must have read this thread 30 times today and im still no closer to getting mine working . ive set up the network part but when i go to tv adapters there is no drop down menu or anyway of selecting my card . just a folder icon that does nothing when clicked . im running on kodi 15 beta 2 . the latest tvheadend service from the unofficial repo and a avertv hybrid volar hx usb device which is listed as working in other threads and it also worked fine on my windows pc
It does sound like its not supported but with you saying you've seen it does.
Can you check on a PC or laptop to check the adapter is actually working it may have become faulty Sad
If the TV adapters tab is empty it means you don't have the required drivers for your device. Just because it works on Windows doesn't mean it works on Linux.
(2015-06-21, 20:43)negge Wrote: If the TV adapters tab is empty it means you don't have the required drivers for your device. Just because it works on Windows doesn't mean it works on Linux.
I suggested trying it on another machine to check the actual tuner is working first of all which is common practise when fault finding.
If it's faulty than that could be why no drivers have been installed,
I'll leave you to it
This looks suspicious:

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Unsupported_Hardware

And I quote:

Quote:The AverMedia AverTV Hyper Volar HX (A287/A286) cards are not supported on OpenELEC after release 2.99.1 (3.0 RC1). AverMedia stopped developing the drivers for these cards in 2009 and although a level of driver hacking has kept them on life-support for a few more years the switch to the 3.7 kernel in 2.99.2 (3.0 RC2) kills support for them properly. If you are desperate to use these cards you may be better off with a normal linux distro where you have choice of kernels.

Soooo... what *type* of AverTV stick is it? And does it work with earlier OE versions?
hey lads, amazing thread the best ive seen so far on the subject! im collecting a wintv nova hd-s2 from a freind today in the hope i can get sat tv working in kodi, i have kodi running on windows, i know my way around kodi but setting this up looks a bit tricky so i may have a few questions along the way i hope thats ok. my aim is to get oscam working if possible if not freeview would be good, i will get as far as i can without having to annoy yous too much but i dont think that will be too far Wink. thanks for this very informative thread,
i can install openelec if that would be better for setting it up!! any advice would be great..

Mrripply.
@mrripply - it'll be a short conversation about oscam, as I don't believe such matters are to be discussed here.

In terms of Freeview, you basically need to pick a backend PVR application for you preferred OS (so this is a tvheadend subforum, which means Windows is out as a host OS as tvh is Linux-only unless you want to play with VMs). Best to read up on PVR (wiki) and then start a new thread as needed in the appropriate subforum, as there's no point in asking about NPVR or Argus here if you end up going that way, for example, although you are in the right place if you plump for tvheadend under OpenElec. It's very dependent on what you want, and what else if anything you want to use the computer for.
(2015-07-05, 13:23)Prof Yaffle Wrote: @mrripply - it'll be a short conversation about oscam, as I don't believe such matters are to be discussed here.

In terms of Freeview, you basically need to pick a backend PVR application for you preferred OS (so this is a tvheadend subforum, which means Windows is out as a host OS as tvh is Linux-only unless you want to play with VMs). Best to read up on PVR (wiki) and then start a new thread as needed in the appropriate subforum, as there's no point in asking about NPVR or Argus here if you end up going that way, for example, although you are in the right place if you plump for tvheadend under OpenElec. It's very dependent on what you want, and what else if anything you want to use the computer for.

Hey,

Thanks for your reply, Thats no problem i can use my openelec machine so tvheadend is the way i will go, this will be my first time taking on such a venture, i have my card so hopefully i will be setting it up tonight. i have read up alot on this but you know yourself putting to practice is another thing, i may need some help along the way if thats ok,

Thanks,
mrripply

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv tuner set up1