Problem Pause/Play video freeze and the sound continue
I found a solution for this pause problem that worked on my M8S which has the Amlogic S812. I have Kodi 15.2 by the way. If you follow the instructions in this post to enable Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching on boot then I found that even with the amcodec enabled under hardware acceleration that pause will resume correctly i.e. both video and audio continue.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229310

Hope it helps.
I have a similar problem (on an IdroidNation box; Lollipop 5.1.1, Isengard 15.2)-- the video freezes during streaming from any source, but the audio continues. In addition, the sound waxes and wanes. I am connected to the Internet through a n Ethernet wire, not Wifi.
Under /video/acceleration I have 2 items: libstagefright and MediaCodec. Unchecking both libstagefright and mediacodec did not help, but unchecking libstagefright (leaving the mediacodec selected) did seem to fix it, at least for now...
Stay tuned.
Effing brilliant. Thanks so much for linking to this. Works like a charm on the exact same hardware/software as you've indicated.

(2015-11-18, 16:29)robbouk Wrote: I found a solution for this pause problem that worked on my M8S which has the Amlogic S812. I have Kodi 15.2 by the way. If you follow the instructions in this post to enable Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching on boot then I found that even with the amcodec enabled under hardware acceleration that pause will resume correctly i.e. both video and audio continue.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229310

Hope it helps.
Anyone find a fix? I've just got Kodi running on Windows 10.

Weirdly enough I only have the issue with TV shows, not with movies.

When I pause the screen kind of gets stuck. If for example there is an animated part of the menu that moves during pausing it can get stuck halfway. The audio continues.

It's difficult to work out the issue as it only happens sometimes - if I try to induce the problem it usually doesn't work. I can't work out why it only occurs in some circumstances but not others.
My tv box is amlogic s805 and I'm also experiencing this problem. I set Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching to Always and it solved the problem for one day. The next day when I turned the box on, the problem returned. I installed SPMC and the problem remains.
Hey! Since updating my drivers (gtx 980) the problem seems to be solved.

I hadn't posted back again to confirm yet due the problem's intermittent nature.
I still cant believe this issue still remains. I am using windows 10 in a core i5 with 8 GB DDR3. Pathetic kodi developers
If we're so pathetic then we will of course await your PR with the solution to arrive soon...

Or if you don't like the product, feel free to uninstall it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
"If we're so pathetic then we will of course await your PR with the solution to arrive soon...

Or if you don't like the product, feel free to uninstall it."

I mean, i'm not calling anyone pathetic, but I will say that it's almost 2024, and this issue... is still an issue

Itt'd be cool if it could be addressed at some point, no?
(2023-11-30, 22:39)Myrothe Wrote: mean, i'm not calling anyone pathetic, but I will say that it's almost 2024, and this issue... is still an issue

which issue is "this", the original from 2015 running on a version of Kodi that no longer exists on an operating system that no longer exists on hardware that should have been thrown away by now?
- https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1919916

or the "me too" post about windows 10 from 2016? that had another "me too" in 2019?

to be honest i see no user contributions to try and fix this, no logs, no updates, no parameters of any kind as to what's being played and how...
so, what, kodi devs are supposed to be telepathic and be able to reproduce an issue without any information?

if you update this thread as often as your hardware or OS then i can see why you still have an issue

end of the day, no log=no issue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem Pause/Play video freeze and the sound continue0