[MOD] AppTV Ice
I have loved this skin from the SAF days. In fact, it has been so good, I've used it on my parents and inlaws' machines. However, I personally prefer a lighter skin, so I've forked this and started modifying for my own version.

I've just started work on it now, but I've pushed it up to GitHub for people to look at if they want to. It's full of bugs right now, and I've only really started on the PVR side of things, as that's what I use most of. Even that has got a long way to go - genre colours are wrong, for example.

Anyway, I'll be working on this skin over the next few weeks, to get it to the way I want it. I hope I don't annoy anyone with my fork, and I'm not trying to passoff the great work of the other skinners as my own, I'm simply just changing colours and altering the layouts a bit. If anyone wants to give it a go it's on git hub here:
https://github.com/craigbeat/skin.apptv-Ice

EDIT
OK, been working on this for a bit. It's diverged a lot from the original (sorry). The key things I'm trying to achieve are:
  • Really, really simple layout and operation. As I've mentioned before, this is really a personal project.
  • Customisable shelf items - use the plugin path (easiest to use favourites path)
  • Customise all the homescreen icons

Things I'm thinking about:
I am seriously considering making a left aligned menu list rather than icons, then using the right hand side for the operation of all the plugins, rather than going in to the plugins themselves. Not sure if it's possible, but the idea is that the whole system is seamless (integrate recordings into TV shows is something I already do at home, for example).

Anyway, some screen grabs below. Feel free to try it out, but be warned that it's full of bugs at the moment. I'll try and commit changes back to github as I go, but it will probably be another few weeks before I get a chance to do any more.

watch gallery
craigbeat,

I certainly don't have a problem with a fork, feel free to carry on. I will be watching closely to see if there is anything useful that can be brought back into the main skin (EPG is probably a good candidate as I don't have a TV card, so I code this section blind at the moment). Maybe post a few screen grabs when you have something to show.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2015-02-09, 03:34)wyrm Wrote: ... (EPG is probably a good candidate as I don't have a TV card, so I code this section blind at the moment) ...
Why don't you use simpleiptv as PVR source? That would provide you with the necessary look and feel without requiring a HW investment.
Just a quick update. I've been working on this a little through the week, but am still sorting out a few bugs here and there. My plan is to strip a lot of it back so that it's left with the bare bones before putting it back together. I run on various RPis from the 256 to th Pi2 model, so I'm trying to make it work best for those. I'll get some screen grabs up at the weekend, too.
Another quick update - added images to the first post.

What I've been working on is a way to customise the shelf operations, so now you can just add a path to, say plugin://whatever by editing the custom favourites.
HI there,
i love your mod, its super fast and great to customise , i do have a request please
your fonts look like they are embedded or have a drop shadow.. if i use a custom background that is a little darker.. the fonts look wiped out,
is there any way i can get rid of the drop shadow on fonts m8?
regards Nick.
(2015-04-24, 02:24)oksauce Wrote: HI there,
i love your mod, its super fast and great to customise , i do have a request please
your fonts look like they are embedded or have a drop shadow.. if i use a custom background that is a little darker.. the fonts look wiped out,
is there any way i can get rid of the drop shadow on fonts m8?
regards Nick.

Thanks, mate, that's really kind.

Yeah, sure. I haven't worked on it for a while as I've got a nexus player, and I've been trying to do some work on that, but I'll try and make a few color options.

I've got a really busy couple of weeks with work, so would you mind if I did it after that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AppTV Ice0