UPnP Watched status
Haha bring on the movie studios flying over to Scotland to knock on my door to discuss why i've watched the new star wars movie when i tell them my mate is a reviewer and got the legitimate screener that'd be fun and a potential pay day for me Smile
Some people use the standalone Trakt app to mark a movie as watched after they've seen it in a theater. It's not too much of a stretch to think that they might toggle it in other apps as well.

*shrug*
There's a lot of major UPnP work being done that will most likely take care of this specific bug. I would think (and this is only a guess) that no one is interested in a short term fix since it would be a lot of work for something that gets replaced anyways. Sort of like fixing a gasket on an engine that is about to be replaced :)
That's more like it; just what I was hoping to hear!
(2016-02-09, 20:40)Ned Scott Wrote: Some people use the standalone Trakt app to mark a movie as watched after they've seen it in a theater. It's not too much of a stretch to think that they might toggle it in other apps as well.

*shrug*

I Agree and i could just as easily create a fake entry in kodi for say star wars and rate it via Kodi after watching in the cinema.
Would love to see this fixed in a future update
Why does a user need strms? There aren't many legit reasons to use a strm, and the legitimate uses are usually for live feeds which do not require watched status. Plugin specific strms for example amazon or netflix, I believe the plugin should be responsible for management since the plugin knows the origins and duration details for the strm.

Upnp flagging is also tricky since uid's change, hard to flag a direct link or a blind movie title.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I use PlayOn as you know and would be happy if you integrated auto watched status into either the PlayOn browser add-on or the pseudo library add-on. Currently I scrape PlayOn content into the Kodi library using MyLibrary script and it would be nice to have the watched status update. Currently, as it is I don't use the PlayOn browser add-on as there are really no upsides to this over standard upnp.
(2016-02-09, 21:47)skarragallagher Wrote: I use PlayOn as you know and would be happy if you integrated auto watched status into either the PlayOn browser add-on or the pseudo library add-on. Currently I scrape PlayOn content into the Kodi library using MyLibrary script and it would be nice to have the watched status update. Currently, as it is I don't use the PlayOn browser add-on as there are really no upsides to this over standard upnp.

I agree that it would be nice to have some type of flagging, but I don't believe its accurately possible.

You should scrape the playon strms into kodis db, then manual flagging is possible. Logistically I can't see how Kodi can handle automatic flagging a strm, it would have to be either bound by a unique strm name, or its internal link. Either way it's not accurate.... at least scraping the strms to kodi allows tracking via show title.
I am not sure of the logistics involved in making this a reality and I am not saying it would be applicable to all instances of STRM files, however in the case of PlayOn I could see it adding value. I know other add-ons are doing this with some degree of accuracy. Not sure if there are technical differences between sourcrs that make this less feasible psuedo library or PlayOn browser but regardless it's just one of those things that you kind of wish was there.

I have worked around the issue by as you said, scrape PlayOn content into the Kodi library and then mapped a button on my remote to toggle watched status. The issue is that I can't get everyone to remember to set the flag after each episode watched but it's better than nothing
(2016-02-09, 22:39)skarragallagher Wrote: I am not sure of the logistics involved in making this a reality and I am not saying it would be applicable to all instances of STRM files, however in the case of PlayOn I could see it adding value. I know other add-ons are doing this with some degree of accuracy. Not sure if there are technical differences between sourcrs that make this less feasible psuedo library or PlayOn browser but regardless it's just one of those things that you kind of wish was there.

I have worked around the issue by as you said, scrape PlayOn content into the Kodi library and then mapped a button on my remote to toggle watched status. The issue is that I can't get everyone to remember to set the flag after each episode watched but it's better than nothing

I'll think about adding an optional service into PseudoLibrary that will monitor for strm file playback and trigger a set watched on playback stop. It will still require strms scraped in Kodis library...

If you don't see it in a few months, please remind me...
Thanks for considering! I'll keep an eye out for that feature.

Do you accept donations? I have no problem putting money where my mouth is.
Any updates on this? Smile
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
Sorry to dredge up this old thread but is this problem, which was originally reported here http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16222 way back on 8/2015 (v15.0), is still valid today on 17.1RC. It looks like the last movement was back in 8/2016 and then it seed to die.

It sure would be nice if someone much smarter than me could figure it out. UPnP works perfectly other than not updating TV shows watched status from a UPnP share on the client. Movies work fine. I'm running Kodi 17.1RC on a Win7 set up as the UPnP server currently but I've seen the same problem on a Linux machine set as the UPnP server too. Problem is TV Shows (and only TV Shows) watched on client don't update the watched status on the client unless the machine is rebooted. Ironically the status gets updated on the server end correctly so it's jut a matter of getting the client refreshed some how without a full reboot of the client. This holds true for Linux, android and Windows clients.

Like I said, it'll take someone much and smarter than me but it would be nice if a Dev could take a interest and revisit this please.
(2017-03-04, 05:12)snagglewest Wrote: Sorry to dredge up this old thread but is this problem, which was originally reported here http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16222 way back on 8/2015 (v15.0), is still valid today on 17.1RC. It looks like the last movement was back in 8/2016 and then it seed to die.

It sure would be nice if someone much smarter than me could figure it out. UPnP works perfectly other than not updating TV shows watched status from a UPnP share on the client. Movies work fine. I'm running Kodi 17.1RC on a Win7 set up as the UPnP server currently but I've seen the same problem on a Linux machine set as the UPnP server too. Problem is TV Shows (and only TV Shows) watched on client don't update the watched status on the client unless the machine is rebooted. Ironically the status gets updated on the server end correctly so it's jut a matter of getting the client refreshed some how without a full reboot of the client. This holds true for Linux, android and Windows clients.

Like I said, it'll take someone much and smarter than me but it would be nice if a Dev could take a interest and revisit this please.
Bump. Was there any word on this? Using latest stable (17.6) on both Windows running the server and Android box. The watched message is clearly sent to the server, but not sent back to the client unless I close and open Kodi.

Is there not a simple fix to have it refresh the information after exiting a video?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP Watched status0