(xbmc addon vnsi + vdr plugin vnsi) Series Link / Recording
Hello All,

Two points of discussion / questions:

1. How are you currently managing TV series recording with your VDR backend?
2. What is the future of series recording native to the Kodi interface in respect to a VDR backend?

Many thanks,
Guy

UK 28.2E Freesat (DVB-S)
Hello All,

Thought I would drop in a few starting points:

Q1:

I currently use vdr-plugin-epgsearch via web UI vdr-plugin-live. Here I can create "Search Timers" to find and record TV shows as they are populated in the EPG over time.

I installed vdr-plugin-vdrtva last night and will check its compatibility/functionality with UK Freesat.

Have stumbled across Master-Timer and will give a go.

Q2:

This thread appears to be discussing implementing a unified series recording to Kodi v.15

Many thanks,
Guy
Hello All,

Exciting to see some further movement on this via this thread:

How to setup repeating timers (epg based) in Jarvis?

I had a go at installing "vdr-plugin-vdrtva", however it appeared not to work with UK Freesat (Astra 28.2E). Wonder if I'm missing any configuration files?

Never had a chance to test "Master-Timer". Although, with the vnsi addon+plugin looking to incorporate series recording, as above thread, I guess there is no need to for my usage.

Many thanks,
Guy
(2016-04-29, 10:55)guyrichie Wrote: I had a go at installing "vdr-plugin-vdrtva", however it appeared not to work with UK Freesat (Astra 28.2E). Wonder if I'm missing any configuration files?

I am the author of the vdrtva plugin. I don't have access to Freesat so it's never been tested. The plugin does work with DVB-T2 (terrestrial Freeview) provided vdr is compiled with the Huffman patch to decode the EPG data; the same coding scheme is used by Freesat so I would have expected it to work.

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(xbmc addon vnsi + vdr plugin vnsi) Series Link / Recording0