Raspbmc+DVBviewer client = bootloop of death
Hi there,

I'm currently trying to setup a raspberry pi (model B+) as a client for my dvbviewer recording service, which is running on a win7 machine in the same network.
Another Kodi installation on a non-raspberry pc with kodibuntu is running without any problems.

I made several clean installations on the Raspberry Pi using this tutorial:

http://www.raspbmc.com/wiki/user/os-x-li...tallation/

Every time when the installation was finished I activated "live tv" in the settings, went to "Add-ons", configured the DVBviewer client to the correct settings (which are working on my kodibuntu pc) and activated the add-on.

Now...sometimes before the first restart the add-on seems to work! I get a stable live stream from the server. But as soon as the raspberry pi is shutdown (which does not work...it just starts the bootloop btw.) or rebooted......

Result: A never-ending bootloop of "Relax...restarting...etc."

Things I've tried: Replaced SD-Card and the Power supply...even the raspberry pi itself with a model B. Disconnected the network....nothing works. Seems to me the installation is fried.

One more thing that might be relevant: Once every 10 restarts or so...the raspberry pi manages to establish a gui....for about 5- 15 seconds. Then the bootloop starts all over again.

I would really appreciate your help....I've come so far....an now this.

Disclaimer: English is not my first language, so if you find any errors you may keep them Big Grin

Thanks in advance
This seems to be more of a RPi forum-specific question. You're far more likely to get support in there.

Also, a debug log (wiki) is going to help any developers looking at this.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspbmc+DVBviewer client = bootloop of death0