Req 'Refresh' button on tv/movie info page
First, thanks for all the great work on this skin, definitely my all time favourite.

I'm using XMBC Gotham 13.2 with Neon, and I'm almost positive that there used to be a 'refresh' button on the tv / movie information page (next to trailer / tv tunes / cast).

Is there a way to manually put that option in there somewhere, as I can't see a way to refresh the data when needed (ie to fix incorrect matches etc.)

Cheers.
There is a refresh button. Looking at the code, it appears to be dependent on the Neon skin setting "Lock views in place (Kiosk Mode)" being turned off.

You're right - turning off the kiosk mode brings back the refresh button, thanks!

Although now I need to chose whether to have one or the other Smile
If you want to edit your setup, the file you need to modify is DialogVideoInfo.xml in the 720p folder of the Neon skin. Specifically you need to remove the following line: https://github.com/bumpaneer/skin.neon/b....xml#L1250
That's great, cheers.

One other thing while you're here Laugh Do you know where/how I can get it so that I can play movie files directly from the list of them rather than having to first select a particular movie and then going into that movie's subfolder and then selecting the actual movie file?

ie, I have lots of movies each in their own subfolder, such as movies\movie1\movie1.avi; movies\movie2\movie2.avi etc. I would like the movie to play when selecting the folder eg movies\movie1 or movies\movie2, rather than have to drill right into each avi.

Thanks again for all the help.
Sounds like you are using Video or File mode instead of the Library mode.

See:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_management
or
http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_videos_to_the_library

Then make sure to use Movie or Library mode instead.
Yeah i'm using file mode so I can have the video option go straight to my tv/movie main folder rather than having to do further clicks through more options to get there (helps my child navigate also), I guess there's no way round that then.
Library mode can take you straight to a list of movies that will play in one click, it is how my setup currently works.
On mine, when I click Videos it goes to a screen with options such as Movies/TV Shows/In Progress TV Shows/Recently Added Movies/Files etc.
(Then I have to click on Files for it to take me to my main TV/Movies folder.) If I click on say Movies from this first screen, I then get all the genre's to choose from and have to drill down even further.

What I would like is from the main screen, if I click on Videos for it to take me to my TV/Movies folder, but in library mode so that it works with the one-click from the film name, is that possible at all?
Again, it sounds like you are not selecting Movies from the main menu, but rather Videos -> Movies. Do you have a Movies option available from the main Neon menu?

If you set the main menu Movies option to go to titles the first time, every time after that it should take you to a list of movies directly, and allow you to play them with one click.
I am going via the videos option, because that is the only way it will then go to main tv/moves/child section where I separate out my stuff from my son. If I go via Movies it lumps both mine and his movies in together.

It's not a big deal really, I'll just have to go that one extra click into the movie, not exactly a hardship Smile
You should look in making smart playlists to separate child stuff, then adding them as custom options on main screen.
I've looked at the smartlists, but probably what I'll do is go down the route of separate user profiles so that my tv/moves are completely hidden from my son's.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Refresh' button on tv/movie info page0