Kodi's process "Steam *32" is Cpu hogger
Lately I notice all my video recoding jobs taking longer time than usual so I check the pc Task Manager & found Kodi's "Stream" process hoging about 1/3 of my Cpu and it is set to run automatically with Windows [can't disable it cuz I cannot find it in the Startup list] and it also running even after each time Kodi has exited. Is this a bug or some sort? Any helps would be appreciated. BTW, Kodi is awesum, great thnx to the Kodi team :-)
My pc infos::
- Mainboard: ASRock P67 Extreme4
- RAM:: G Skill RipjawsX 8GB (DDR3-1600)
- CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1 GB)
I don't think that comes from Kodi. We shouldn't have anything running without Kodi running, and nothing named Stream.
Thanks Ned. Sorry it is not Stream but Steam *32, my bad. Its location is C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\CODEXi
Uh. That's definitely not a default Kodi folder. I have no idea what that is or where it came from.
(2015-02-12, 06:09)natethomas Wrote: Uh. That's definitely not a default Kodi folder. I have no idea what that is or where it came from.

that's odd cuz I just delete that folder and then start Kodi & as soon as Kodi open, it created the same folder again but this time the Kodi start as a fresh one without any of my settings nor addons. I will try to restore Kodi & see if that same file appear again but it sure seem like the location is the Kodi running folder not the default installed folder which is @ C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi.
Steam 32 is normally simply the Steam application. Like, the thing that downloads and installs PC video games. It has its own folder and everything. I genuinely didn't even know it was possible to run an application from within appdata folders. I've never actually tried. It sounds like somebody has installed some kind of spyware on your system that is somehow managing to hide itself in the weirdest place possible.

Did you download and install Kodi from our website or from somewhere else?
(2015-02-12, 06:59)natethomas Wrote: Steam 32 is normally simply the Steam application. Like, the thing that downloads and installs PC video games. It has its own folder and everything. I genuinely didn't even know it was possible to run an application from within appdata folders. I've never actually tried. It sounds like somebody has installed some kind of spyware on your system that is somehow managing to hide itself in the weirdest place possible.

Did you download and install Kodi from our website or from somewhere else?

For your question: No. I only dl Kodi directly from you guys cuz I don't trust no other site Kodi :-)

probably. I've just restored my Kodi & the "CODEXi" sub-folder within the Kodi folder is not appearing. I will keep an eye on it but hope that thing won't come back. Anyhow, thnx all for attend to my problem.
Probably has to do with some pirated software on your PC...
You have a bitcoin mining trojan.
Isn't that just the profile folder for some kodi user name CODEXi?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Memphiz nope, that would be ...Kodi/userdata/profiles/CODEXi

@kod3000 do you happen to have some steamlauncher addon installed?
You have maybe malware installed:

http://www.herdprotect.com/steam-4047dad...05dba.aspx
http://www.herdprotect.com/steam-client-...71827.aspx

Googling codexi and Steam
Backend: Asrock N3150 with Ubuntu 22.04 Server with TvHeadend 
Living Room: Nvidia Shield with Kodi
Other Kodi Clients: Coreelec, Mibox, Windows
Yup. It seems this CODEXi malware installs itself into the subfolder of a random, but legit, application (in this case it picked Kodi) and then uses your computer (And your electrical bill) to run the math to generate bit coins for someone else. ...And god KNOWS what else it does.
(2015-02-12, 14:03)da-anda Wrote: @Memphiz nope, that would be ...Kodi/userdata/profiles/CODEXi

@kod3000 do you happen to have some steamlauncher addon installed?

no
(2015-02-12, 18:04)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Yup. It seems this CODEXi malware installs itself into the subfolder of a random, but legit, application (in this case it picked Kodi) and then uses your computer (And your electrical bill) to run the math to generate bit coins for someone else. ...And god KNOWS what else it does.

I think that exactly what happened. No wonder it spike up my cpu so bad & it just happen to pick Kodi folder to refuge. Since I deleted that folder it is not coming back yet, hope it doesn't hide somewhere else.:-) I thanks all for your great helps & infos. Kodi LiVe!!!
ps: I just found this post regarding this Steam *32 virus. https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.ph...team32bit/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi's process "Steam *32" is Cpu hogger0