ROM COLLECTION BROWSER MESSED UP!!
Hi guys,

I have RCB set up and working perfectly in Kodi, running NES, SNES, GBA, Sega Genesis, PC Engine & Atari Lynx via RetroArch, including all boxart and infos...... I then go to complete my build by adding one more collection - MAME. All the roms are found and run (about 150 of them) but nothing is scraped... so I manually add my artwork to a 'boxart' folder placed in my roms folder and got to rescrape the collection locally...

As I do this I notice that the options are all messed up...

1. Scrapers are just listed as Scraper 1, Scraper 2, Scraper 3

2. I can't choose how I want to scrape.

3. If I bring up the 'Context' Menu and try to 'Delete a Collection' I can't choose a collection to delete, only the words 'Rom Collection' and 'Removal Type' (I think) are present, but no options. I can't choose a collection to delete (such as MAME, Snes or any other).

4. When trying to scrape, I can't choose any options, the menu is just fixed with...

ROM COLLECTION (I can't select any!)

CHANGE SCRAPERS FOR THIS RUN - Y/N

SCRAPER 1
SCRAPER 2
SCRAPER 3

It's all gone wierd! There's just no options anymore!! Like I say I couldn't choose a collection to delete form 'C' but I have managed to remove the MAME collection from the config.xml which has done the trick but Kodi/RCB is still messed up....sometimes RCB won't open at all or if it does nothing appears. I haven't got a clue what's gone wrong, I haven't changed anything at all, I just added a new rom collection!!!Huh

I'm running the Aeon MQ5 Helix mod, I've tried changing the skin but this doesn't help.

I can't really reinstall everything because combining all the work that's gone into this such as building the HTPC, finding and downloading all the right roms & artwork, setting up RetroArch, setting up Kodi, Setting up Movie & TV Show addons, wireless controllers.... linking it all.....and all the rest, there's roughly a month of long, late nights and weekends gone into getting things spot on. The last step to complete the build and it's all gone pear shaped! I can't believe it and just don't know what's happened because I haven't changed anything!Huh

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks
Andy
Borrowed this from Firulais which is exactly my problem....

(2015-02-12, 20:05)Firulais Wrote: Hey everyone. I downloaded this and have a problem. The text for the rom collection and scrapers are invisible. The options are there and work. I just can't see which ones are active. I have tried reinstalling, changing resolutions, fonts, skins and nothing has worked. I'm running this on windows on an alienware alpha that has a custom xbmc frontend. (xbmc>kodi>rom collection browser)

Also two more things. epsxe keeps crashing at startup even with using a shortcut to launch and using the proper -nogui -loadiso "%ROM%" parameter.

And what is the best way to integrate rom collection browser to confluence? I can't even get a shortcut to work. It will only launch when in the programs menu.

Thanks.
I'm also suffering with this issue...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=150969

Can anyone out there help?
I know nobody will reply to this because nobody has a solution BUT...

I started from scratch, re-installed XBMC Gotham, re-installed the latest version of RCB, set everything up with regards to emulators, roms and artwork. Everything was fine for the first four systems I set up (MAME, GBA, LYNX and GENSIS running via RetroArch, all artwork including video snaps for MAME)... I then set up my last four systems ( NES, SNES, PC ENGINE and NEO GEO) to import one after the other, went and had some dinner, came back to see the imports had finished....opened RCB and BOOM, same old problem....BLACK SCREEN/NOTHING LISTED!!! Tehy're there, they're just not showing!!!

Wasted too much of my life on this, no one seems to have a solution so the £300 I spent on building the PC and the endless hours I've spent setting everything up (3 times over!) are just totally wasted and I'll just after get over it!!!

GUTTED.COM!!!
Why does Rom Collection Browser all of a sudden stop showing everything and look like this!!!??

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=427030
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=427030
Anyone any ideas for this? I'm certain others have suffered the same problem!?
Could someone in the know please have a look at the logs and tell me whats gone wrong?
It sounds like you have something corrupt in RCB and possibly KODI as well.
The good news is all your work should not be lost, except maybe the info for MAME as your games + art work should still be there, if not then you are having computer issues as your main culprit.

As for MAME, you will need to do the offline scraper which you can find updated info in the main RCB thread, I'd start somewhere around page 290 as I don't remember exactly how far you need to go back from the last post:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=70115

As long as you still have all your games + artwork + .nfo files then I would uninstall RCB, delete your MyGames.db located in
\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser
and reinstall / rescrape but choose Local NFO for scrapper for everything that still has .nfo files.

Also you might get faster help if you post in the main RCB thread.
Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it.

I've re-installed kodi twice.

I've gone back to Gotham.

I've re-installed RCB

I've updated RCB to the latest build.

All my games are still there including nfo's and artwork but no matter what I do the problem persits. I think it's a display issue with RCB or XBMC. Nothing is wrong with my PC with regards to drivers/storage/ram/devices/OS.

The wierd thing is, I've just switched it on this afternoon and everything was fine (I haven't changed anything). I've gone out for an hour or so, come back and switched it on and the blank screen is back when opening RCB and also another addon which I won't name...it's totally baffling!
hi there, i have the exact same problem
first i installed kodi on my windows7 desktop pc and tried to set up rom collection browser, but couldn't see the scrapers - i thought its something messed up with my system or fonts or dunno..
but some days ago i got the new rpi2 and set up openelec on it and tried to install rom collection browser, and then again - i coulnd't see or define any scrapers so this seems to be a kodi / rcb thing.
it looks exactly as on the posted image above

i'd appreciate any help to fix that problem!
Hey, first of all excuse my poor english. I just wanted to say that i had the same problem until i changed the skin from AEON MQ5 to Confluence.

So i configured what i needed to and then changed back to AEON.

I think we all have to wait for Marcus to release an updated version of the Skin.

Hope my humble comment helps you! Smile
Hi Ronaldsnk
Thanks for your Answer - what version of Kodi are you using? I'm not using any Skin other than Confluence and i have this problem on different machines (all running Kodi). i will try to install AEON MQ5 and change the skin back to Confluence as this fixed your problem - i can't imagine that this would fix the problem but i'll give it a try.
i red in the RCB-forums that its an issue with positioning and could be fixed via new xml files - couldn't give it a go so far but will try it aswell when i've got the time to.
You will need one of RCBs latest test releases (2.1.0 or 2.1.1). Current version in Kodi repo still has this issue even with Confluence skin. Links to RCBs test releases can be found in the forum thread: link

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ROM COLLECTION BROWSER MESSED UP!!1