Refresh rate to match video - NOT STICKING
Hi Guys,

Running OpenELEC (Couldn't find an appropriate place on their forum to post).

I only noticed this issue after I updated to 5.0.2. I downgraded to 5.0.1 but the problem remains.

I have the Adjust display refresh rate to match video option set to Start/Stop

Problem is, it is acting as if it is set to always and changes half way through.

In the video blew you can see this in action, the video goes for 50 seconds. You can see it matches the TV refresh to 24fps then switches back to 60fps.

http://youtu.be/-51Thr44NbU

Appreciate any help!
Half way through the previous episode (as a test) with no fault.

I would of put it down to this single file, but it also happened with another 24fps episode obtained this week as well.
debug log (wiki)
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=425273

Cheers
There does seem to be recent problem with certain file encodes.

23.976 fps files are not being detected correctly and show up in Openelec (KODI ?) as 24.000. You can see this by looking at the file stats when being played,

The file will then randomly switch to 60.00 fps.

You can easily solve this be re-muxing the video through mkvmerge and set the frame rate to 23.976.
chakobsa: Thanks for the reply. Good to know why it's happening.

If this is a bug in Kodi is there a way for me to check if it's being attended to?

I really don't want to have to check video's or re-mux files before watching them. It's a additional step that shouldn't be required.
Certain scenes currently use wrong set of tools not much we can do about it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Not a KODI / OpenELEC problem. Its the file that's the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh rate to match video - NOT STICKING0