• 21(current)
WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
Guys, this is a testing thread at the end and not a "leech whatever you can" thread. Afedchin is working on those issue and fixes will come when they are ready ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-06-20, 14:40)Shine Wrote: Is there a reason why you replicated the DX9 behavior "minimize-on-losing-focus" in the DX11 version, although not necessary?
There are a lot of people who use Kodi with single display and your desired behavior will cause a lot of pain to them. Kodi will work as currently. There will be no specific code for dual displays.

(2015-06-21, 18:59)NEOhidra Wrote: Kodi cannot start using KodiSetup-20150614-7bce580-dx11 (Jun 14)

Hardware: Windows 7 64bit, NVIDIA GT540M, driver-version 353.06
Debug Log: http://xbmclogs.com/pgemtay4a
Crashlog: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6pfxckgepotgm...Ujy0a?dl=0
Description: Kodi wont start because of: "ERROR: Unable to create GUI. Exiting."
Please wait next build. This already fixed.

(2015-06-21, 20:07)Martijn Wrote: @afedchin
i left my test rig playing videos for couple of days. Just checked and it stopped working.
Could be that's an older build but who knows the dumps may be still of some use
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7435...hdumps.zip
Will take a look.

(2015-06-21, 20:07)Martijn Wrote: Care to rebase so i could build a new version and try?
Sure do it asap.
(2015-06-21, 22:14)afedchin Wrote: There are a lot of people who use Kodi with single display and your desired behavior will cause a lot of pain to them. Kodi will work as currently. There will be no specific code for dual displays.
You're right, I didn't think of single screen users, my bad. I will wait until your branch is merged and then PR a better solution.
If you can provide a better solution, it's a good time. We all can test it before dx11 will be merged.
(2015-06-20, 09:58)tungmeister Wrote: With the latest build the shadertoy screensaver isn't rendering correctly, it's stuttering and looks rather pixelated. The frame rate is being maintained correctly and there's no issues in a debug log but it's defiantly broken.

Try new one from here screensaver.shadertoy
updated build listed in first post of this thread. It's a rebased version against normal Kodi master branch.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
thank you @Martijn. I've update change log in the OP.
(2015-06-21, 23:31)afedchin Wrote:
(2015-06-20, 09:58)tungmeister Wrote: With the latest build the shadertoy screensaver isn't rendering correctly, it's stuttering and looks rather pixelated. The frame rate is being maintained correctly and there's no issues in a debug log but it's defiantly broken.

Try new one from here screensaver.shadertoy

I've just tried with shadertoy 1.0.2 and the June 21 build however the issue is still present. I've included a screenshot to show the pixelation, you'll need to view the image at full resolution in order to see it.

Lack of float precision can lead to pixelisation with the shadertoy stuff - thats what i have learned when playing with it on mali GPUs (which have a really poor float precision). Not sure if this is related here - just wanted to throw it in. For mor information see:

http://community.arm.com/groups/arm-mali...n-graphics
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@tungmeister, Memphiz is right. The "quality" of shadertoy screensaver/visualization depends on float precision. In DX11 float precision depends on your hardware and drivers. I also want to say that nothing has changed in this regard.
@afedchin
magically the crashing on that one video file has resolved itself with the new build
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I know this is not the right thread for requests, but I don't know where else to ask:
With this rewrite will it be possible to use SVP easier or even run Motion Interpolation natively in KODI ?

This would really be great. Me and several of my friends love the Motion Interpolation of SVP and it is a PITA to get it to work with KODI .

bye
hewimeddel
It's not possible, SVP requires DirectShow filter which is not used in Kodi. But in the future when vendors implements the frame rate conversion feature in their drivers then it can be possible natively with dx11/12.
Thanks for your swift reply.
So AMDs "fluid motion video" is supported? Thats great news, looking forward to trying this out.

bye
hewi
I mean when vendors implements support in their drivers for DX11/12 API and not specific vendor features.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6