• 5(current)
WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
(2015-02-22, 08:43)afedchin Wrote: @poplap
I think what it could be AMD drivers issue.
I have the very same issue with nvidia drivers. I tried with both SLI enabled and disabled.

Spec:
GFX: 2x GTX 970 running latest drivers (347.52)
@m910q
Where your Debug Log?
and curious as to why test with a preview build of an operating system? which could under go many changes before it goes gold and your issue could be caused by that so giving afedchin extra work
(2015-02-22, 18:43)afedchin Wrote: @m910q
Where your Debug Log?
Sorry, here it is: Debug log

(2015-02-22, 19:35)orby Wrote: and curious as to why test with a preview build of an operating system? which could under go many changes before it goes gold and your issue could be caused by that so giving afedchin extra work
I use it as my main system, so I can't test with a stable OS. afedchin can feel free to ignore the issues I am having.
(2015-02-22, 08:43)afedchin Wrote: @poplap
I think what it could be AMD drivers issue.

Could be, though that is bad news since I'm running the lastest stable for my card...
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
@m910q
Thanks. Your log has a lot of errors which describe a possible issue. There are two possible issues. First still driver issue and second what dxva renderer doesn't support output format on some system. We will be able to check that in next build.
maybe as suggestion. Do the DirectX debuglogging as component. So when we start to merge this we can still keep the debug logging and let users turn on the component spamming in case there are issues on certain cards or windows versions
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Martijn
I've think about this since then I've started porting to DX11. but unfortunatly it is not easy (may be I'm wrong). First of all to create a device that supports the debug layer, you must install the Windows SDK for Windows 8 to get D3D11_1SDKLayers.dll. Also you need Dxgidebug.dll. And lastly all debugging messages are send to VS debug layer. I'm not c++ guru (I'm C# programmer Smile ) and I don't know how to forward debug output to a file in c++.
i actually meant the extra debugging lines you add now which users now see in their logs Smile
@Martijn
I'll think how can I implement this.

@Martijn, @poplap, @m910q
One more test to try determine possible reason of issue.

Please create (or edit if it exists) file advancedsettings.xml in %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata folder with following content
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <dxvaallowhqscaling>true</dxvaallowhqscaling>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
Then set up render method DXVA and Allow hardware acceleration DXVA2 to enabled. Then start play a movie. Then in OSD video settings try to select different scaling methods. (do not select Auto and DXVA). Please report about results.

Thanks
@afedchin
any scaling method works except auto and dxva.
Want a log?
sure. log will be helpful.
here's the log build from your current branch (hour ago)
http://xbmclogs.com/pp7hqp4ed

Started at Bicubic which for some reason didn't have picture to begin with. Then cycled through the options, auto/dxva had also no picture. Then the rest all had picture, even bicubic. As it seems it doesn't matter which shader i start with (because it saves the last used for next time), it will always start blank. Once switch to another i do get picture (except auto/dxva)
So when I first open the OSD it has Bicubic selected and a blank screen, as I switch though the options they all work except DXVA and Auto (Bicubic works though so I think it might be a GUI bug but I am not sure).

(Same issue as Martijn)

Log: http://pastebin.com/hJpzqpQg
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
Thanks guys.

One more (I hope that the last) test to be sure. Please download this 3D stereo sample https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqu19ilkqik5oh...9.wmv?dl=0 Select render method DXVA. In the OSD video settings select Auto or DXVA scaling method. Then video play starts select any anaglyph (red/cyan or green/magenta) stereo mode. Let's see what will happens. Do not pay attention to broken GUI (there is a bug now and it will be fixed in next build)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6