• 9(current)
WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
Just gave this a quick spin on my machine (Win7 64bit, Celeron G1840 IGP, Latest Intel Driver) and it works very good.

With dx9 there was always some stutter with certain videos (some at 24p, some at 25p) and i had some graphic glitches when i set the Video to display in the background of the skin. All is working fine now without a single crash.

The setting for full color range in kodi is working as it should now (before it seemed to do the opposite) although the colors are a little bit washed out at the moment and my skin is very slow now.
First of all I would like to say that this run much better than the dx9 version! I get consistently 60fps in Kodi gui now, before just 25-35fps. Everytime seem a lot more smooth. Good work!

I think I found a bug.

Hardware: Windows 8.1 64bit, Intel HD6000, driver-version 10.18.14.4080
Debug Log: pastebin.com/asteugyG
Crashlog:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3507...204355.dmp
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3507...204356.dmp
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3507...204357.dmp
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3507...204355.txt
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3507...204356.txt
Description: Playing music using UPNP with no display.
Screenshots: Kodi stopped working popup.
How to reproduce:
Have Kodi start as shell. I use Launcher4Kodi V1.0. Have UPNP control enable so that playback from another device to kodi is allowed
1) Reboot PC.
2) My PC turns on the amplifier for sound
3) I use BubbleUPNP for playback for AudioCast (root required. In order to play music from spotify and other apps that doesn't do UPNP natively). Conneect to Kodi UPNP.
4) Start playback on android device and music stops after 1 second.
5) Turn on display to see that Kodi has crashed.

It seems like the problem starts when Milk drop starts for visualization.

Quote:20:43:55 T:2332 DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MilkDrop
20:43:55 T:2332 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\visualization.milkdrop\MilkDrop_win32dx.vis)
20:43:55 T:2332 ERROR: Unhandled exception in CApplication::FrameMove() : Access violation at 0x6ed2f785: Writing location 0x0e657435

Edit: Didn't read the visualization was still being worked on.... Oh well.

-------------------------------------

Also I see an error that Kodi is looking for "atiadxy.dll". I don't think I have that library as the setup is purely Intel.

Quote:20:43:27 T:448 ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load "atiadlxx.dll" with error 126: "The specified module could not be found.

"
20:43:27 T:448 DEBUG: Dll atiadlxx.dll was not found in path
20:43:27 T:448 ERROR: LoadLibrary('atiadlxx.dll') failed
20:43:27 T:448 ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load "atiadlxy.dll" with error 126: "The specified module could not be found.

"
20:43:27 T:448 DEBUG: Dll atiadlxy.dll was not found in path
20:43:27 T:448 ERROR: LoadLibrary('atiadlxy.dll') failed
Win 8.1 64bit
NUC5i5RYK, Onkyo TX508, LG 42LM620T
@pizzaboy,
Thanks for your feedback. Can you say which skin do you use? I'll run a few performance tests to find possible bottle neck.

@Helioy,
Thanks you too. Yes, visualization addons Vortex and Milkdrop not ported yet. But you can use DirectXSpectrum or Waveform now to testing music playback.
As for issue with atiadxy.dll. I don't know why Kodi trys to load ATI specific dll but I'll investigate this issue.

And please also download the .pdb file, rename it to Kodi.pdb and place it alongside the Kodi.exe inside the installation folder. Thanks.
I am using Xperience1080.
(2015-03-03, 23:48)afedchin Wrote: @Helioy,
Thanks you too. Yes, visualization addons Vortex and Milkdrop not ported yet. But you can use DirectXSpectrum or Waveform now to testing music playback.
As for issue with atiadxy.dll. I don't know why Kodi trys to load ATI specific dll but I'll investigate this issue.

It's doing this in the regular 14.2 beta too, and I have all NVIDIA graphics hardware in my systems. Just a heads-up to the developers that it's not just limited to the DX11 testing branch.
Works like a charm on windows 8.1 with GTX 760 and 347.52 drivers.
Will this get added to nightlies or is it added already?
will be added once we think it's stable enough on most hardware
New build:

Fixed:
  • Added experimental deferred rendering which can improve performance on older GPUs.
  • A little improvement of GUI performance.
  • Rebased to the current branch to include latest changes.

Download link in the first post.

Release notes:

If you have an issue with rendering with this version, please do the following:
1. Create or update advancedsettings.xml in %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata folder with contents:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <allowdeferredrendering>false</allowdeferredrendering>
</advancedsettings>
2. Restart Kodi.
Edit: Nvm was an database error that fixed when i moved older database version.

I only get a blackscreen..
windows 8.1 with GTX 760 and 347.52 drivers.
Am I correct at assuming that the new version is missing Python libraries? Scrapers for tv/movies does not work. Language files are missing (danish). The installer itself is 9mb smaller.
Win 8.1 64bit
NUC5i5RYK, Onkyo TX508, LG 42LM620T
(2015-03-12, 23:13)Helioy Wrote: Am I correct at assuming that the new version is missing Python libraries? Scrapers for tv/movies does not work. Language files are missing (danish). The installer itself is 9mb smaller.
You are wrong. All python libs still here. Installer is smaller because DirectX 9 installer was gone as unneeded. All language resources installs as addons now. Currently only English (as default) included into installation package. This version based on current 15-alpha which is unstable and can contains bugs.
New build:

Fixed:
  • Added supporting of hardware based Stereoscopic 3D.
  • Fixed visualisation addons to work with deferred rendering.

Download link in the first post.

Release notes:

Stereoscopic 3D rendering has not been tested by me, because I do not have the required OS on my HTPC. So this may doesn't work or works wrong. Please test it!

Stereoscopic 3D rendering is only enabled on systems that have all the components that are stereoscopic 3D-capable. These components include 3D-capable display hardware, graphics hardware, peripherals, and software applications.

System requirements:

1. Windows 8 and later.
2. WDDM 1.2 video driver. (To check version of driver please run dxgiag on your PC and look at Driver Model at the Display section.)
3. DirectX 10 capable and higher video hardware.
4. 3D-capable display.

Also you need enable checkbox Stereo 3D settings for all supported displays in Screen Resolution control panel, as shown here:

here you go, crashed right when I set current 3D mode to hardware based. WDDM 1,3 Win 8,1 http://goo.gl/cu5IYz
@Mettbrot
Please provide also xbmc_stacktrace-*.txt file(s) from %APPDATA%\Kodi folder
@Mettbrot
Please try also with Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen setting enabled.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6