• 44(current)
WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
(2015-11-13, 20:28)axbmcuser Wrote: Thanks for the hint. But i want to use it to test an 15.2 Isengard Skin.

Downloads still not working. I tried testing Jarvis and now I want to go back and I don't have a back-up of this one. I been using this version as my daily driver and all has been well. I should of stayed. Does anyone have a back-up of the latest one "KodiSetup-20151021-0acf62c-dx11_Isengard.exe" ?
do you face any issues with the Jarvis build? If so please report them. If not, why do you need to go back?
I'm also interested in a backup-file of "KodiSetup-20151021-0acf62c-dx11_Isengard.exe" for mentioned reasons. (Skin testing) Smile Thanks!
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
will upload new build in few hours
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Great. Thanks Martijn!
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Build update in first post
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
For me It's Ok no more crashes switching a movie or stopping it i'm a insider tester Windows 10 build 10586.3
(2015-11-15, 11:14)da-anda Wrote: do you face any issues with the Jarvis build? If so please report them. If not, why do you need to go back?

The only problem for me with Jarvis alpha 4 was the export video library to XML feature. It was very buggy. Normally when you choose the option to export to separate files it then would ask you export thumbs and fanart and then if you want to overwrite old files. However in Jarvis alpha 4 if you choose "separate" it would then ask you to "Choose export folder". Your only supposed to be asked that if you choose "single file". And when you do choose "single file" it then asks the questions it should for "separate" and then asks you to "Choose export folder". At first it just seemed that maybe the buttons were reversed witch would be fine, but I use the "separate" file function to create an XML for each video, and to do that now I have to choose the "single file" option and that does create XML's for each video but I can't choose for it to overwrite my old ones. I need this option. I looked in the log and didn't see anything. Here is a fresh created where i executed both chooses at 16:12:01 Heres The Log. Other than that I love the new features. The animated gif's are great!
Export library to XML is a known issue with Jarvis at the moment.
(2015-11-13, 01:56)sialivi Wrote: New log: http://pastebin.com/FSyWgs23 (I've truncated the log, because it was several mb in size due to being stuck in a loop, complete log can be downloaded below)
Crash dump and complete log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4172...EMOVED.rar

Steps to reproduce the issue is a bit of a problem cause I'm not really seeing a pattern yet, it seems random. Sometimes I can play an entire file without crashing, other times the same file will result in a crash, a 3rd time the same file might crash in a completely different part of the video.

I simply start playing a video file (the format doesn't seem to make a difference), and randomly the screen goes black (this is when the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error occurs) and only the audio keeps playing. At this point 1 of 3 things happen when I try to stop the playback:

1) The playback stops, but the Kodi UI is now only partially working, most images are not shown
2) The application shuts down and an error message pops up, "ERROR: Exception caught on main loop. Exiting"
3) The application is unresponsive, and the log file starts growing very fast, clearly stuck in a loop
Can you please try to disable DXVA2 hardware acceleration then reprocude the issue?

(2015-11-15, 17:47)Martijn Wrote: Build update in first post
Thanks Martijn!
(2015-11-16, 14:24)afedchin Wrote: Can you please try to disable DXVA2 hardware acceleration then reprocude the issue?

Looks like disabling it stops the crashes. I never had a problem with DXVA2 prior to 16.0 though.
(2015-11-17, 22:26)sialivi Wrote:
(2015-11-16, 14:24)afedchin Wrote: Can you please try to disable DXVA2 hardware acceleration then reprocude the issue?

Looks like disabling it stops the crashes. I never had a problem with DXVA2 prior to 16.0 though.
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error means what video card was removed physically or driver was restarted. In your case it's a driver restart. Why drivers hangs nobody knows exactly.
So I can conclude what your issue related to the unofficial drivers (your GPU has no official drivers for Win10). In v16 we reworked our rendering system to using DirectX 11 API and seems that implementation of DX11 API and especially video API in your driver no so good as it should.

To solve the issue you can try to find proper driver which will work better or downgrade your OS to 8.1 or earlier.

Edit: Or you can disable the DXVA2 hardware acceleration in Kodi settings. Your CPU is more than enough to decode FHD content.
(2015-11-18, 11:23)afedchin Wrote: So I can conclude what your issue related to the unofficial drivers (your GPU has no official drivers for Win10). In v16 we reworked our rendering system to using DirectX 11 API and seems that implementation of DX11 API and especially video API in your driver no so good as it should.

I'm not sure what gave you the impression these are unofficial drivers, or that nvidia 980 has no official Win10 drivers. These -are- official WHQL drivers for Win 10.
I've just started using the Isengard beta1 (Intel HD4600 graphics,Win10 system, DXVA2 enabled). Has something changed in the DX11 implementation? I had to reduce the brightness slightly to get the black level right and there's a blank screen for several seconds before the video image appears (the latter may have started with the apha 4 build, I'm not sure).
(2015-11-18, 16:41)sialivi Wrote: I'm not sure what gave you the impression these are unofficial drivers, or that nvidia 980 has no official Win10 drivers. These -are- official WHQL drivers for Win 10.
I was wrong, of course there ia an official drivers from nVidia. But the issue still seems like a driver issue.

(2015-11-19, 10:19)MadScientist Wrote: I've just started using the Isengard beta1 (Intel HD4600 graphics,Win10 system, DXVA2 enabled). Has something changed in the DX11 implementation? I had to reduce the brightness slightly to get the black level right and there's a blank screen for several seconds before the video image appears (the latter may have started with the apha 4 build, I'm not sure).
Just try latest 15.2 DX11 build or Jarvis 16.0 Beta2 which is preferable.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6