WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
@afedchin - quick test as the kids are dominating the TV over holiday time Sad

I tried with the above tool that let's me explicitly set limited range.

I then compared Isengard to your 26th Dec Jarvis.

An easy test is the opening credits to Terminator Genisys (bluray rip) - on Isengard, there are no visible black borders as the names ('20th Century',Schwarzenegger' etc) go past - the black of the film is not distinguishable from the borders. I don't suppose you have that film and want to run a quick check? It seems to me that the black there should be pitch black.

On Jarvis, even with the driver explicitly set to limited range, there is still a difference - the blacks of the credits are very dark greys, not blacks.

I suppose it is possible that Isengard is crushing the blacks and Jarvis isn't, or something, but Jarvis still feels milky to me overall. And on video test / calibration files I've always seen the detail emerge when it should with Isengard, but I haven't tried these with your recent Jarvis yet to get more info.

I'll try with another driver when I can kick the kids off too...

I doubt the log helps, but just in case: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1088...imited.log
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Messages In This Thread
New build 14/02/2015 - by afedchin - 2015-02-14, 15:16
RE: Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread - by bossanova808 - 2015-12-27, 10:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6