Learning KODI and recording
hi, i'm new to this kodi. trying to learn how a pvr/recording function of kodi. so far i only have iptv simple client enabled...
- is there a how to guide/video of what i need to make pvr/recording work?
- do i need to have functioning epg page to record?
- do i need to have a tuner card?
for now i'm just gonna read as much as i can on this forum.
thanks
IPTV a Simple Client has no recording ability. IPTV Simple Client is a bare minimal "PVR" add-on that only plays back live streams. It is based on a demo client that "fakes" a real PVR setup.

Kodi does not do any recording itself. Kodi simply acts as a front end to PVR/DVR software, and that software does the recording.
(2015-02-17, 03:15)Ned Scott Wrote: IPTV a Simple Client has no recording ability. IPTV Simple Client is a bare minimal "PVR" add-on that only plays back live streams. It is based on a demo client that "fakes" a real PVR setup.

Kodi does not do any recording itself. Kodi simply acts as a front end to PVR/DVR software, and that software does the recording.

so do i need to add tuner card if i wanna record live sporting events when streaming?
Yes, you'll need a tuner and another backend.
And it won't record 'streaming'.

Actually come to think of it mythbackend does have an iptv client which might work.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-19, 07:04)nickr Wrote: And it won't record 'streaming'.

Actually come to think of it mythbackend does have an iptv client which might work.

so even if i get epg working, cuz so far its just blank screen but live channel works... i cannot record thru that? by mythbackend that might? ok thanks ill look into it
IPTV a Simple Client has no recording ability.

Mythtv does have a IPTV recording facility, although I have never used it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Learning KODI and recording0