Solved [Solved] OMXVideo::Decode timeout
I got about half way through this post, then found the solution on my own. I though I would share in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

Symptoms:
Some videos play without problems.
Some videos appear to be playing, but Kodi still displays the UI instead of video output.
The "seek timer" immediately jumps to ~10 seconds into the video, and stays there indefinitely.
(Occasionally) audio comes out fine, but music visualization is displayed instead of video output.
Kodi logs messages like
Code:
COMXCoreComponent::DecoderEventHandler OMX.broadcom.video_decode - OMX_ErrorInsufficientResources, insufficient resources
OMXVideo::Decode timeout

Solution:
Change your GPU/CPU RAM split ratio to give the GPU more ram, taking it away from the CPU. In my case, my distribution shipped with 64 MB assigned to the GPU by default. After increasing this to 128 MB (which is probably overkill), the problem was solved, and all videos played as expected. Use trial and error to find the lowest amount of memory you can assign the GPU without causing playback errors. You can change the RAM split by editing the file /boot/config.txt
Code:
gpu_mem=128

This solution is probably obvious to a lot of users, but somehow I overlooked it up until just now. Maybe this should be noted on the wiki?
I can confirm that this fix works. Even on latest RaPi B3

Or change the resolution of your video to be lower than 1080p
http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi_FAQ#Memory_Usage

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] OMXVideo::Decode timeout0