Kodi crashes on start of MPEGTS playback
Hello, I've got at least one MythTV recording that is causing Kodi to crash when playback starts.

Crashlog located at http://paste.ubuntu.com/10286470/

Looks like it's related to extracting header information out of the AAC stream.

Code:
Program terminated with signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
#0  0x00007f200440c66a in ES_AAC::FindHeaders (this=this@entry=0x7f201c00e420, buf=<optimized out>, buf_size=buf_size@entry=2027) at src/demuxer/ES_AAC.cpp:115
115          c_pts += 90000 * 1024 / m_SampleRate;

I can provide the core file or possibly part of the MPEGTS file if that will help diagnose the problem.

I'm not sure what that demuxer source is from. ffmpeg?
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
it crashes in the pvr addon mythtv. not our demuxer
Thread moved from Linux and Live support after crash identified to be in the PVR addon demuxer rather than the Kodi demuxer.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
I don't have the addon configured to use the PVR demuxer for MPEG-TS streams so I'm not sure why it's being used.
Hi, in this case the demuxer is used to parse video stream and gather the framerate. Framerate is used to convert framecount to time when your recording has EDL list. But here seems the audio framerate equal to zero and throw the exception. Never seen before ! Could you post me the stream ?
Also to avoid this situation just disable edl in setting using flag 'nerver' .

Edit: framerate equal zero --> samplerRate equal zero
@dteirney, i will add some check in code to avoid exception.
@FernetMenta , the parser code is same as vnsi. Probably it could throw exception for same stream type ?
@dteirney , fixed in version 1.12.9
@dteirney , please could you post a sample file for testing ? The crash is fixed but probably your stream is not readable now.
We accidentally deleted all our recordings the other night when my wife tried delete a folder of recordings but was accidentally on the ".." folder (which pointed to the "Default" recordings directory rather than the top folder in the list (or something like that, I wasn't in the room).

When we find another recording that doesn't work I'll truncate the start of it and send it through.
(2015-03-19, 11:52)dteirney Wrote: We accidentally deleted all our recordings the other night when my wife tried delete a folder of recordings but was accidentally on the ".." folder (which pointed to the "Default" recordings directory rather than the top folder in the list (or something like that, I wasn't in the room).

When we find another recording that doesn't work I'll truncate the start of it and send it through.

Like i said always still behind the wife ... Wink. Anyway, hope the last version fix it. ( you can find lastest here http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download/index.html ).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes on start of MPEGTS playback1