Turning off NFO scraper in XBMC?
I posted this in the Kodi general help forum but maybe someone here has the answer. I've just started to use the Ember beta over the past couple weeks and now have NFOs for all my movies working with Plex, however I didn't want to set my primary HTPC running XBMC to start reading from the NFOs yet until I had a chance to check them for incorrect matches and clean them up to my liking. Unfortunately it looks like XBMC isn't giving me a choice. Without changing anything in my settings in XBMC I'm now seeing new movies scrape incorrectly, and opening the context menu for my movie server to change the content I now see a new icon: ".nfo Local Information Only" now appearing as a scraper under TMDB.

So... anyone know how to disable that and have XBMC go back to scraping from TMDB only until I get my NFOs to where I want them? Thanks.
I think is not possible. Because the NFO file are readed before go online scraper, if nfo is present.
So if you want to scrape only online information, you must to delete all nfo files!

http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_sc...ly_options

Quote:NFO files are an alternative to going online for the library data. Kodi will always look for the existence of an NFO file before going online to download that data, even if you have setup an online scraper.
After the videos and NFO files are scanned into the library, the NFO file is no longer used and only serves as a backup. If you make changes to the NFO file you will need to refresh that library entry for the changes to be loaded into Kodi.
The local-NFO-only option is only needed if you want to prevent Kodi from using scrapers for video files that do not yet have NFO files.
For example, if you use a 3rd party media manager to make NFO files and you haven't generated NFO files for your new video additions. The NFO-only mode will prevent the videos without NFO files from being added to the library until they have NFO files.
If you are only using NFO files to restore from a backup of the library, or doing something like moving from a local library to MySQL, then you will want to use the normal scraper settings and not use the NFO-only option. This way Kodi will still use the online scrapers for new videos, but only for those new videos that don't have NFO files.
I'm not in danger Skyler, I'm the danger! A guy opens his door and get shot, and you think that's me? No, I'M THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!!

Ember Media Manager lover...
Thanks brunosso. I'm really surprised to hear that XBMC doesn't allow you to use NFOs in combination w/scrapers since Plex does however I got the same answer from a couple other folks on the general help board so I guess it's confirmed. Appreciate the info.
There is still no option to solve this problem? Thank you.
It don't make any sense to save NFO and let Kodi ignore it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turning off NFO scraper in XBMC?0