How do I battle against slow servers buffering all the time?
Hi to all,

I've read the instructions on how to increase the buffer size and currently I'm sporting these settings:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
    <buffermode>2</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
  </network>
</advancedsettings>

I don't think it helped much with some slow servers sadly. Are there any other tricks to make it precache a stream for at least 20 seconds so it doesn't chop chop all the time?[/php]
Outside of unplugging the ethernet cable and trying to suck on it to make the signal go faster, I don't think there's anything else you can do on your end.
There must be someway I would imagine to 'timeshift' the stream. It makes sense to me. It will be downloading the stream and timeshift it for example 30 seconds behind or a minute so it doesn't chop.
Yeah but if the stream has a greater bitrate than your internet connection and/or the server is giving you, the 30 seconds or minute will disappear.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-19, 04:59)event3horizon Wrote: Hi to all,

I've read the instructions on how to increase the buffer size and currently I'm sporting these settings:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
    <buffermode>2</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
  </network>
</advancedsettings>

I don't think it helped much with some slow servers sadly. Are there any other tricks to make it precache a stream for at least 20 seconds so it doesn't chop chop all the time?[/php]

can you please point me to where you found those directions on increasing buffer size, where exactly did you edit those settings?? theres some channels that load up for about 20 sec then disconnect, and some other channels in same country work fine....
The instructions are in the wiki.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Please note that PVR actually uses a different set of buffering tags, as mentioned on the page advancedsettings.xml (wiki).
(2015-04-08, 07:40)Ned Scott Wrote: Please note that PVR actually uses a different set of buffering tags, as mentioned on the page advancedsettings.xml (wiki).

i noticed that , thank you, i noticed the channels im having a problem with have mpeg 2 audio, has anyone found a fix for that?
Kodi has no problems with mpeg2.
do you have your mpeg 2 license?

http://www.raspberrypi.com/mpeg-2-license-key/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I battle against slow servers buffering all the time?0