PVR addons move to new repository!
(2015-02-27, 22:46)h.udo Wrote: Transfer process started and is valid for 24h (github deadline).

EDIT: transfer completed.

Thanks!
I should be thanking you!
(2015-02-27, 22:18)manül Wrote: With all PVRs spread across various accounts fixing a failing PVR will also require to modify the reference to the PVR in the build system.

an addon which fails to build won't make a kodi build fail. hence kodi don't need to bother. we build and distribute an addon if it is ok. if it fails, we are ok as well.
So with the ownership transferred does that mean Kodi build just grabs the master branch of each addon?

And how about once it branches off eg when helix branch was created and master became I****? Same deal? Kodi build just takes same branch name (helix in this case) from each addon repo?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2015-02-27, 23:26)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2015-02-27, 22:18)manül Wrote: With all PVRs spread across various accounts fixing a failing PVR will also require to modify the reference to the PVR in the build system.
an addon which fails to build won't make a kodi build fail. hence kodi don't need to bother. we build and distribute an addon if it is ok. if it fails, we are ok as well.
That's not what I meant.
If a PVR fails to build because of an API change and the maintainer is not reachable someone else can make a PR and a Kodi team member can accept it. With the PVRs spread we also have to update the reference to point to the new location.
The maintainer of an addon can authorize whoever to update or accept PRs on his/her behalf. No need to involve team kodi. We don't need to update a reference point because we can point the build system to a branch not a particular rev. An addon maintainer or a stand-in can fix a failing build without anyone of team kodi involved by just pushing to the branch pulled by the build system.
I fail to see how a maintainer should be able to accept PRs if he's not reachable. Maybe an accident happened or he just doesn't care any longer.

Anyway I think we just see things different.
(2015-02-28, 00:18)manül Wrote: I fail to see how a maintainer should be able to accept PRs if he's not reachable. Maybe an accident happened or he just doesn't care any longer.

Anyway I think we just see things different.

Same happens with normal python Addons or skins.
Then either it gets kicked from Repo if it stops working or others take over. Get several devs interested in helping out and there will always be someone around
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Why haven't we created these repositories under xbmc's account? We don't want external repositories that can go away, change 10 times a day without versions being updated, be force pushed, etc. They should all go into our account, and add-on authors/maintainers have a fork of this one. Then authors can send a PR if they want it have it updated in the main repository.
This is just asking for trouble when set up like this and point to external repositories all over the place.

And I'd like write access to the pvr.hts one please.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Why do you want to handle pvr addons differently? they are addons and should be treated as addons. We can't take ownership for all addons like audioencoders, audiodecoders, pvr, ausio dsp, etc.
We can provide the infrastructure but addon authors are responsible for their code. If it does not build or crash, the addon is broken, not Kodi.
Note that other types of addons will depend on kodi-platform and xbmc.gui too. Nobody can expect a dev doing changes to those layers to fixup and sync all dependent addons.
Why do you think that addons authors won't send PRs for this, they have been doing that ever since. Having our own repos as master just gives us more control and the possibility to fix things should we need/want to.
I'm 100% sure stuff will break regularly when we just point to external repos master branch. And users will come to us for help/complaints, not the addons authors.
(2015-02-28, 18:51)wsnipex Wrote: I'm 100% sure stuff will break regularly when we just point to external repos master branch. And users will come to us for help/complaints, not the addons authors.

I am absolutely fine with this and I am going to forward the complaints to the addon authors. I will work on the layers mentioned and I am going to break the addons but I am not going to fix the addons. I will notify the authors about the change in advance, that's it.
Have a look at audiodecoder addons which we will support soon: https://github.com/notspiff/audiodecoder-addons

Team-kodi can't maintain all those repositories. Assume that we did, we wouldn't have a clue about the code. This means someone needs to merge PRs without knowing what he is doing. Because nobody will hit the button, development speed will go down. That does not sound like a good process to me.
(2015-02-28, 17:06)opdenkamp Wrote: ... change 10 times a day without versions being updated ...

Regarding xbmc master branch, i can see more than 10 changes a day ! Isn't the normal behavior for a development branch ? And fortunately this proves that the project is alive.
The way using PR to fix pvr addons into a central repository no longer work. Every weeks i have complaints from user which can get last fix because you can't manage PRs from all forks of authors. You have done a great job since now but it could not be managed because of the magnitude of the task, and finally people will be unhappy. Let'us manage our changes as the new build-system allows. At least let's try.
(2015-02-28, 21:21)janbar Wrote: Let'us manage our changes as the new build-system allows. At least let's try.

absolutely agree. I actively support the vdr/vnsi section of the forum. First I fix a bug in my repo, then I submit a PR to opdenkamp repo but the fix still won't show up in the nightlies until kodi bumped pvr.

EDIT: I have write access to all those repos but I can imagine how disappointing it is when a dev sees her/his fixes stuck in this long pipeline.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR addons move to new repository!0