Problem with viewing video addons
Hi, I've noticed for a long time now that when you're using a video addon, pull the sidebar out and change view mode to 'media info 2', or one of the other view modes, the setting does not get held when you change to a next page of movies.

So when you're browsing for a film or TV show to watch, you need to pull the sidebar out and set the view mode again, every time you change page, which gets a bit tedious..

Does anyone know if there's a fix for this, or if there's a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

I've tried using a few different skins, since different skins seem to have different settings, but they all have the same problem.

Edit: btw, I'm using kodi 14.1 on android, but I've noticed this bug in the past on Gotham also, and I'm pretty sure the PC versions do the same thing.
This depends on how the add-on handles their listing. Some add-ons will let you set the default view-mode inside the add-on's settings, if you select the add-on and bring up the context menu and select "add-on information" and then "settings".
(2015-02-25, 00:59)Ned Scott Wrote: This depends on how the add-on handles their listing. Some add-ons will let you set the default view-mode inside the add-on's settings, if you select the add-on and bring up the context menu and select "add-on information" and then "settings".
Thanks. I figured out how to get it working for any add-on. (I think - Personally, I've only tested with one add-on, but a friend has tested on another one too and it worked)

Pull out the side bar, select the view mode that you want to use, and close the side bar. Then right click (or hold your finger on, depending on device you're using) a movie within the add-on. Then there's an option 'set [name of folder you're in] view'.

Strange how a setting which is for setting the view mode for a whole add-on is reached by going into an individual movie's settings. That's why I couldn't find it - the option is in the wrong menu. It should be in the sidebar's settings.

Not to worry, got it fixed now. That was doing my head in, having to re-set the view mode every time I changed to a new page of content.

Working great now though. Hope this helps someone else.

Edit: the skin I'm using is Titan, just in case this doesn't work with every skin. Titan is the only one I've tried it on, but the original problem existed on every skin (at least 5 different skins, including the standard one) that I've tried in the past.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with viewing video addons0