ASRock B85M with Realtek ALC892 no option for 5.1 or 7.1 sound
I have recently put together a new media center machine with ubuntu 14.10. I am trying to run this as a 5.1 system with the optical out. I am getting stereo sound with the analog stereo out Through the settings interface in ubuntu. In the past when setting up hdmi stereo sound I had to get everything outputting correctly in the OS and then move on to xbmc. The sound settings have no option to make it output to 5.1 or 7.1. I have found other people having issues and the solution seems to be upgrading the kernel. Most of those threads seem to involve ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04. Does anyone have any advice? I have also seen people upgrading Alsa. I was wondering if anyone has been down this road so I don't have to break this install and reinstall.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
PulseAudio (wiki)
I will check that out. I was looking more into Alsa because This page http://kodi.wiki/view/Linux_audio said "If you have a PC that is exclusively used for XBMC then using ALSA maybe the best solution."
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Yes, then you shouldn't have used a full ubuntu desktop install. Or you must remove pulse again. Pros/Cons are covered in the wiki link above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock B85M with Realtek ALC892 no option for 5.1 or 7.1 sound0