Android which user KODI uses to connect a folder NFS
Hello,
I'm trying to add a video folder by using Network Filesystem option.
The folder that I would like to connect is located on a NAS.

My problem is to know which user KODI uses to connect to the Folder, in order to give the right permission on the NAS.

Of course if I open the folder on the NAS to "everyone" I can connect the folder, but if I would like to create a user ad hoc, wich user I have to create on the NAS?

Thank you in advance.

Kindd regards,
Luigi
Please read up on the nfs wiki entry in my signature. NFS Authentication has 3 layers. 1. ip based connection restriction, 2. uid mapping, 3. filesystem permissions.

Basically you need to figure out with which userid kodi runs on your android device an then map this id to something your NAS knows. Last but not least you need to ensure that the target uid on the nas has proper filesystem permissions.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
hello,
thank you for your advice, I'll read your wiki.

I've another little question, which android player do you suggest to use in this case?
I like mxplayer, but I've read into my playercorefactory.xml that mxplayer can not be used at the moment for some mxplayer issue.

Cheers,
Luigi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
which user KODI uses to connect a folder NFS0