WIP 1080.iris
Brick 

You might very much recognise the screens below from another mod that has been posted somewhere on this thread. Elixxen posted previews of his mod for Xperience1080 a while back which I fell in love with, sadly time has gone by where there hasn’t been any updates posted. A month back I’ve got slightly impatient and decided to try replicate his screenshots to the best I can, a lot still needs to be worked on as I've never done skinning for Kodi before so I'm learning while working on this.

1080.iris is a modification of Xperience1080 which transforms the skin into a lighter, colourful and minimal skin with a few new additions added in. This skin has been built up using 1080XF version 3.50 as the base. This is for Helix only!

Code:
Done

- Toggle between showing 'Music Thumbs' or 'Music Fanarts' under Music category
- Toggle between showing 'Classic Home' or 'Alternative Home' under Home category
- Majority of icons have been replaced to suit this mod, special thanks to Elixxen for kindly sharing his icons for this mod
- Added new 'Internet' tab, use widget to show newly uploaded videos from channels including Apple, Al Jazeera, Sky News, HISHE, GoodMythicalMorning, LinusTechTips among others
- Added new ' Games' tab, use the widget to show your collection of games from Advanced Launcher or new WIP Steam plugin
- Added new view-type for viewing your photos
- Compatible with VideoExtras addon

To-do
- Add 'Photos' tab
- Modify 'DialogVideoInfo.xml' and base it on Elixxen's version
- Modify various Dialogs to fit this mod
- Others that I can't think of at the moment

watch gallery

Notes
• The font used in this skin is called Lato which is created by Łukasz Dziedzic ([email protected]) and is licensed under the SIL Open Font License Version 1.1 - Info
• All icons are open source and are free to use/distribute including ones that I’ve done from scratch for 1080.iris
• Once this skin is released, you are allowed to modify and redistribute without my permission

Special Thanks/Inspiration
• Black for Xperience1080 (Creating this great skin)
• Piers for 1080XF (Updating and maintaining Black's original skin)
• im85288 for 1080XF MB3 (Creating a great alternative, also learning about skinning looking at his code)
• Elixxen for previews of his mod and kindly sharing icons (Beautiful mod where I've heavily based 1080.iris on)
• Neuronetix for 1080LX (Beautiful skin where I've taken some ideas from)
Your MOD is simply beautiful .
can add a category only picture if possible.

I congratulate you nice work .

Where can I download it?
English only please....
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I sorry, no speak english (google translate).
Awesome! Big Grin
Congrats, always good to see people step up and contribute with new ideas. I like the look of the icon only menu and the Internet tab. Keep it up Smile
Looks nice, I look forward to testing it out!
When is the release date ?

A pack available logo?

Well congratulations work
(2015-03-01, 12:23)arnaudcolin Wrote: When is the release date ?

A pack available logo?

Well congratulations

These things take time, if he's created new textures then that's over 1700 images. That's not considering the xml. I've no idea if he's using the updated version or if he's basing it on Frodo/Gotham code. If it's the latter then it will take a considerable amount of time. If it's the former then it all the updates are ready for Helix, it's only what he wants to add - again that also takes time.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
@arnudcolin - Release date is when it's finished. I'll add a Photo category soon.
@Jaypeg - Thanks!
@im85288 - Thank you! The icon menu was Neuronetix's idea for his 1080LX but seriously thinking maybe adding the option for users to choose if they want all of the menu to have icons or like in the screens above (icons for just Live TV & Home).
@tungmeister - Thanks! It will be a while till that happens!
@Piers - The base is pretty much from the Frodo/Gotham code, not a wise move on my behalf but oh well.

A new custom view for viewing your music collection, as all my albums have covers of a resolution no less than 1000x1000 I wanted the album art to take up as much space as possible. Still a few niggles to sort out, maybe have it all in the centre.

(2015-03-01, 16:13)mike_samaki Wrote: @arnudcolin - Release date is when it's finished. I'll add a Photo category soon.
@Jaypeg - Thanks!
@im85288 - Thank you! The icon menu was Neuronetix's idea for his 1080LX but seriously thinking maybe adding the option for users to choose if they want all of the menu to have icons or like in the screens above (icons for just Live TV & Home).
@tungmeister - Thanks! It will be a while till that happens!
@Piers - The base is pretty much from the Frodo/Gotham code, not a wise move on my behalf but oh well.

[snip]

It really would be easier for you to use (if not too late) the Helix code, it would certainly provide a fully working base. The Isengard version is also about 40% completed, again it means you doing double the work (updating the skin for each version) when there's no point.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Nice work. I've been very busy the past few months. When life gets in the way, Kodi has to take a seat somewhere. I just haven't had time. If you're interested in my textures just send me a PM and I'll send them to you.

The only thing I would point out is that the fonts are a bit too light. You should darken them a bit. Other from that everything looks good. I like your take on my mod.
@Piers - Your right, I'll use the Helix code as you said...just giving myself unnecessary work where there isn't any point and users will have to wait even longer.
@Elixxen - Thank you! I am very interested in your textures. Yes the fonts are too bright and need darkening, that's on my to do list.
Any new screens?
Sorry for the silence, been busy with work. Now got some free time to continue working on this mod.

Changes
- Base 1080XF code has been updated to the latest version to which this mod is based on
- Merged with Elixxen's beautiful icons (many thanks!)
- Added 'Games' tab
- Compatibility with my WIP Steam plugin: Able to import your Steam games along with pictures/fanarts and information. Looking into if possible to import Non-Steam games.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080.iris4