Kodi cropping black bar (option is turned off)
Hi,

My Kodi system is doing something which is driving me a bit nuts and countless Google searches have come up with nothing.

When I am watching anything, if there is a black border it will crop it (so auto zoom in which messes up the aspect ratio). I have checked the option under "Video Settings" and it is not on so it shouldn't be doing it.

I have tried to find the XML file so I could manually override the setting - but couldn't find the right one.

I am pretty confident the issue is related to cropping black bars as when I put subtitles on or use the menu bar at the botom it auto zooms out and fits them onto the screen.

If anyone can assist me I would be so grateful as it's driving me a bit nuts now and I ideally don't want to reinstall Kodi as I've set it up perfect other than this 1 issue.

Kind regards,
Lee
Did you change view mode in the video section of the OSD?
(2015-02-27, 09:39)wsnipex Wrote: Did you change view mode in the video section of the OSD?

View mode : Normal

Rest of settings in videos - settings on the OSD
Deinterlace video : off
Video scaling method: Auto
Crop black bars: Unchecked
View Mode: Normal
Zoom amount: 1.00
Vertical shift: 0.00
Pixel ratio: 1.00
Post-processing: Unchecked
Brightness: 50%
Contrast: 50%
Non-Linear StretchL Unchecked
Stereoscopic 3D mode of video: Auto
Invert stereoscopic 3D mode (flip eyes): Unchecked

I have noticed it also does the auto zoom in thing when I am on the main menu screen.

System->Video output has been restored to default
Appearance->Skin has been restored to default

System information:
Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
Kodi 14.1 Git: 38e4046

Update thought I'd quickly try a reinstall by doing the following:
sudo apt-get remove kodi
sudo apt-get install kodi

And the issue is still happening.
I have dropped auto crop in 15.x. You could try a nightly and if the issue has gone your assumption was correct.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi cropping black bar (option is turned off)0