FireTV help req, accessing kodi addons..psi
Hi all,

I'm almost there,....

Can someone please, for the love of XXX, tell me how I can change/remove addons on kodi please.

On the ATV it was a doddle, all I want to do is to be able to disable certain addons, such as PVR, ... If I go to Kodi PVR Add-On Repository and click the ftv remote button with three lines (context menu) on it I get the settings up for the addon, but I'm not inside the box to be able to select anything, all I can do is click the return button and the selection box closes....

How on xxx's earth can one enter the selection part to be able to disable items.... or to do anything for that matter.

I really thought I was there, installation was a breeze using adbfire, changed the icon to kodi,... reset the firetv and the icon appeared.... it's just this last step...
I could really do with some help right now.... thanks chaps

sadsack007...

update,
I've tried every combination of button press once I have the Screen up where one can change items such as configure, update, launch, uninstall, ect....
but for some reason I am not automatically put in there to choose anything...
I thought it might be something to do with "Remote control sends keyboard presses" but I see that it's now been removed and is supposed to work automatically...
Are you using a custom skin? If so, retry with the default confluence.
Thanks for replying Koying,

Seems I may have jumped the gun..... Dohhhhh

It seems there are some items that are not available to remove or delete, ..... I only found out this after I tried to add my smb shares...
I was able to add them, and was able to get the onscreen keyboard to automatically appear.

Thia seemed strange to me, so I went back into addons, and had a look at some of the ones that were already added,... and I was able to change their configuration.

My first outing with anything to do with Android, and a big jump from frodo, 12.2 and 12.3 up to Helix 14.0.

Totally shocked by the speed difference between an Atv2 and the Fire TV.

Apart from my own stupidity and total lack of sleep...... I have only one small gripe,.... It's the weird high pitched whine that comes from my TV when the FireTV is running Helix.

Just got to find out why Helix has decided to remove my top layer image to my Bond collection and I'll be happy.
Thanks again....
p.s.
I've never used anything apart from confluence, When it works why change it.
cheers
sadsack007..

p.p.s
Just decided to delete my movie collection and turn off online scraping,.... instead chose local only.
Made no difference, everything loads as it should, everything is there.
So I decided to try Manage collection,
I thought I would just re-add my images which I keep in another folder on my SMB HD, But Helix won't let me choose that particular folder,.... I went right to the bottom of the list of images, and chose "Browse" But it won't let me go to the folder where the images are kept.... probably a very easy solution,... but one I haven't found yet.
My bond Collection top layer image has been removed and replaced by one of the bond film covers,... not the one that I had for the collection.
I Tried Add Art, but helix just popped up the onscreen keyboard..... (not to sure why).
So I tried "Browse" again, and i get these pop up:

* item folder
External Storage
Movie ---------------- (this one just open my movie folder)
Root filesystem
TV -------------------- (this one just opens my TV folder)

cannot seem to be able to go to my external HD that has a folder called "Data" which holds my collection images. Even though Movie and TV are listed,.... maybe I need to add my "Data" folder as well? but what under?
Yep that was it,....

I just added my data folder like one would add a movie folder, but told helix not to scrape.

went back to manage collection, and i was able to select my data folder... all's well that ends well...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV help req, accessing kodi addons..psi0