Win Help with regex for multiepisodes
Hi,

I am having trouble getting Kodi to recognize multiepisodes.

My naming scheme is \Show name\Season ## (Source)\## - Episode.ext

Example: \Parks and Recreation\Season 7 (TV Rip)\11 - Two Funerals.mkv

I am using the following regex in advancedsettings, which seems to works fine for single episodes:
Code:
Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[^0-9]*[\\/]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$

However, when it comes to double episodes, example \Parks and Recreation\Season 7 (TV Rip)\12-13 - The Final Trip.mkv, Kodi still treats it as a single episode, namely episode 12. I have played around with tvmultipartmatching but can't get it to work. Can anyone help me figure out the correct regex for this?
Did you ever figure this out? I'm not very good with regex either. In fact I've just now figured out how to do non-capturing groups.
My naming scheme is \Show name\Season ## (year possibly)\##. Episode.ext

Similar to you, my regex is working fine for single episodes:
Code:
Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)(?: \((?:[0-9]{4})\))?[\\/]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$

However, I've run into a few places where I have something like:
\Show name\Season 2\25 & 26. Episode Name Part 1 & 2.mp4

I am a bit confused after reading through the wiki. It says:
"For multi-episode matching to work, there needs to be a third set of parentheses '()' at the end, this part is fed back into the regexp engine."

Does this mean we want 4 groups then and I literally just put a "() " at the end of my regex? Obviously the tvmultipartmatching regex will need to be modified but I can't figure out where/what it is run against.
I'm pretty sure the Wiki (see section 2.2) explains how to do multiple episodes in a single file.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

For Example:
\Show name\S01E11-E12 - episode.ext

Your example:
\Parks and Recreation\Season 7 (TV Rip)\11 - Two Funerals.mkv

Might have issues because of the (TV Rip), as this is not a normal naming convention within XBMC\Kodi.
(2015-02-27, 18:15)|Olly| Wrote: However, when it comes to double episodes, example \Parks and Recreation\Season 7 (TV Rip)\12-13 - The Final Trip.mkv, Kodi still treats it as a single episode, namely episode 12. I have played around with tvmultipartmatching but can't get it to work. Can anyone help me figure out the correct regex for this?

S07E12-E13 or 7x12x13 would both totally work here. I don't see why you think a new rational expression would be needed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with regex for multiepisodes0