Android audio wrong channels through AVR
Hi,

Any help with this is greatly appreciated Smile

Recently i purchased an Mx3 Ultra Android 4K box (model M82 Android 4.4.2 Build 109k4 Kernel 3.10.33) and frankly i am blown away by it!

It runs XBMC 13..2 but unfortunately suffers from the same EDID audio pass-through problem as my Intel XBMC box did. The problem is that in DD5.1 mode the front speakers bleed into the rear speakers and worse the LFE is non-existant. The config in XBMC shows up fine as 5.1 passthrough etc. but as fritsch proved before its nothing to do with the xbmc config, it is the EDID that is the problem.

Sadly, been a perfectionist the sound issue pretty much makes it unusable through my Yamaha AVR. fritsch helped me sort that problem out on my other box by configuring and loading a replacement Marantz.bin (compatible with my yamaha) EDID file into the xorg.conf. But android is very,very different,..

Previously (with the help of fritsch) we replaced parts of the xorg.conf with an override code that told X11 to load marantz.bin as the edid instead of using the SamsungTv one. On Android though I can't find a xorg.conf or anything even close I did find an EDID file. The contents of which I have listed below.

Hopefully someone can explain how i can load the Marantz.bin EDID into the android video/audio system?

PS: I also found a bunch of channel files in the same folder as the edid file, but i don't think messing with them will fix anything, still i'm not going out tonight so.... lol

./sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/edid

Notice it thinks Samsung is the output for HDMI, but its not. Its going through a Yamaha amp so it should be that...

Code:
Receiver Brand Name: SAM
Receiver Product Name: SAMSUNG
EDID block number: 0x1
Source Physical Address[a.b.c.d]: 2.0.0.0
native Mode f4, VIC (native 16):
ColorDeepSupport b8, MaxTMDSClock 45
16 31 4 19 5 20 3 18 32
Audio {format, channel, freq, cce}
{1, 1, 7, 7}
Speaker Allocation: 1
Vendor: c03