Solved Support Multiple PVR backends
It'd make things so much easier if it was possible to use both IPTV Simple and Tvheadend at the same time.
you can do this already. The only thing you can't do is to use the channel numbers from the backends (which should be obvious).
Agree with Lorax,as in a dream scenario a user should be able to use a cross-mix of multiple different PVR backend servers, with either one client or multiple clients the same time.

The ultimate concept would be for Kodi to act as the only PVR frontend you will ever need for all and any PVR backends, and for Kodi to be the single unified frontend GUI interface standard that will always look and act the same way no matter which PVR backends are used or how many PVR backends you have.

So in the future you could have all these different scenarios for PVR:

- Single Kodi instance/device as only PVR frontend client <=> Single PVR backend.
- Multiple Kodi instances/devices as PVR frontend clients <=> Single PVR backend.

- Single Kodi instance/device as only PVR frontend client <=> Multiple PVR backend of the same type, as in example several servers with Tvheadend.
- Multiple Kodi instances/devices as PVR frontend clients <=> Multiple PVR backend of the same type, as in example several servers with Tvheadend.

- Single Kodi instance/device as only PVR frontend client <=> Multiple PVR backend of different types, as in servers with Tvheadend, VDR, MediaPortal, and WMC server.
- Multiple Kodi instances/devices as PVR frontend clients <=> Multiple PVR backend of different types, as in servers with Tvheadend, VDR, MediaPortal, and WMC server.
RockerC you can also have multiple TVH backends running - but you need a little workaround atm and duplicate the tvh client addon and rename it so that it can be installed multiple times. Agreed that it would be nicer in another way, but how many do have multiple backends compared to the workload needed to add this. And as already said - running TVH and IPsimpleTV in parallel should be working just fine (IIRC hat this scenario running just like a week ago while I tested some IPsimpleTV stuff)
Im with argutstv + iptvsimple + vu and all working fine here
There's no substitute for experience
Trying to run OpenELEC with VDR and IPTV Simple client on my Pi 2, and I get the notification that the IPTV channels are "loaded", but the actual channel list does not display them. Only when I disable VDR, do the IPTV channels show up. There is a related pull request here that I'm not sure will make it into Isengard: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7020
(2015-06-19, 06:04)username145 Wrote: Trying to run OpenELEC with VDR and IPTV Simple client on my Pi 2, and I get the notification that the IPTV channels are "loaded", but the actual channel list does not display them. Only when I disable VDR, do the IPTV channels show up. There is a related pull request here that I'm not sure will make it into Isengard: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7020
I had the same till i switched to ccm confluence skin
Strange, the skin shouldn't affect something like this, should it? Guess I'll try it out tonight

Really hoping for some work-around
My channels come with this order, 1st the argustv then the pvriptvsimple and final my vu+.... i use mainly nox skins so only 2 backends was working and then i found that ccm was showing all.
I changed my skin to regular Confluence, then restarted Kodi. It worked? Tried it a few more times, only works sometimes. Seems that the slower the skin, the greater chance of success? Had been using Conq, which is very lightweight, and the channels never loaded at all no matter what I tried.

So at the moment I can "sometimes" get it to work by switching skins, rebooting, then switching back to my preferred skin if the channels happen to load correctly. Would love to get this working reliably
Spoke too soon, can't make it load both now no matter what I try

EDIT: CCM works now, might have something to do with the video it plays during startup delaying the process?
(2015-06-19, 10:03)username145 Wrote: Spoke too soon, can't make it load both now no matter what I try

EDIT: CCM works now, might have something to do with the video it plays during startup delaying the process?
Ive found the longer the start up the more chance theyll all work
Same huppens to me but generally in 2nd start I'm fine and i return to nox when kodi starts
You know i tried to take all the direct links of my dvb and i puted to pvriptvsimple and it was fine but i lost the record offcourse so i end up using directly my dvb receiver for sat viewing
Hi all.
I have a backend currently running MythTV and a frontend also running Myth. Having tried latest Kodi I want to change to OpenELEC (Kodi) frontend with a single tuner in the frontend PC and keep the separate Myth backend. That way I can use the local tuner in the frontend Kodi machine, running TVHeadend for fast channel switching etc. and keep my Myth backend for recordings. Can anyone tell me how I configure Kodi to select the local TVHeadend backend when I select "TV->LiveTV" and the Myth backend when I select "TV->Recordings"?
When I use DVBLINK PVR and IPTV simple PVR, I see only channels from DVBLink :-(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support Multiple PVR backends1