Solved Support Multiple PVR backends
I am trying to do the same thing.
I have next PVR running on a dedicated server. This has a TV Tuner card with antenna for local channels.
I then have nextPVR plugin and that has always worked for watching local stations.
I added simpleIPTV PVR and now my local channels disappeared.
I have configured the next PVR to use channels 250 and above but no matter what I do not see those channels Sad
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Is it possible to do this?
(2015-03-03, 17:09)da-anda Wrote: RockerC you can also have multiple TVH backends running - but you need a little workaround atm and duplicate the tvh client addon and rename it so that it can be installed multiple times. Agreed that it would be nicer in another way, but how many do have multiple backends compared to the workload needed to add this. And as already said - running TVH and IPsimpleTV in parallel should be working just fine (IIRC hat this scenario running just like a week ago while I tested some IPsimpleTV stuff)

I want to have a clone of the tvh client addon to be able to use two seperate tvheadend as backend.
  • What do I have to do to clone the pvr.tvh addon?
  • Where can I get the pvr.tvh addon to clone? (Repository or Download? which URL?)
  • How can I install the second pvr.tvh addon?

My setup contains an openelec on a box with a local tuner running in tvheadend and want to add an additional pvr with an tvheadend running on a server with multiple tuners. The box is a WeTek Play 2 but the question would also be the same as using a WeTek Play 1.

Any help would be nice.

pac2002
+1 to HOWTO how to handle multiple tvheadend backends
FYI, this is being worked on atm. Not particular to pvr backends, but a rewrite of our binary add-on interface in general that will in future allow to run the same add-on multiple times (like connecting to two PVR backends of same type). There is no ETA yet, but changes are slowly dropping in to master, so chances are good that at least the foundation for this feature will be in v18.
Thanks da-anda, it's amazing! Is there any issue on Github to track how it going on?
Not yet "solved" as forum thread title says but being working on => https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12299
Thanks RockerC.
Hm, I see it merged already. Does it mean that only addon part pending?
(2017-06-19, 13:30)bam80 Wrote: Thanks RockerC.
Hm, I see it merged already. Does it mean that only addon part pending?

No, there is still some todos in the Kodi PVR core code which is not 100% ready to handle data from multiple add-on instances correctly. The PR mentioned above is just one of many puzzle pieces.

And before you ask, no, no dev is currently working on this and there is no fixed plan when it will be ready.
Thanks.
It would be fine to get all the pieces in one place then, to track them all and to concentrate devs resources. Maybe I would help also
(2017-06-19, 14:32)bam80 Wrote: Thanks.
It would be fine to get all the pieces in one place then, to track them all and to concentrate devs resources. Maybe I would help also

Your help is more than welcome. Go ahead, test, find the particular issues, report back - and in case you are a dev, supply a PR.

A good starting point would be to install two different pvr add-ons, then try all kind of pvr stuff with this setup. I'm quite confident that sooner or later you will stumble upon problems...

Using multiple instances of the same add-on is another story, btw. For this it is still too early to file bug reports.
Ok, but I just don't know where is the other parts of the puzzle you mentioned, if they are all reported on Github at all..
(2017-06-19, 14:41)bam80 Wrote: Ok, but I just don't know where is the other parts of the puzzle you mentioned, if they are all reported on Github at all..

Well, some of this puzzle pieces still need to be identified. That's why I asked for testing and reporting back on issues when using two different add-ons simultaneously. => trac.kodi.tv
Understood (just saw your "starting point" adding..)
I did not realize this was an issue.
I ran NextPVR and DVBLink for some time and without me tinkering with things, channels just got merged in Kodi. Done.
(2017-06-19, 18:47)Atreyu Wrote: I did not realize this was an issue.
I ran NextPVR and DVBLink for some time and without me tinkering with things, channels just got merged in Kodi. Done.

There are several users claiming that there are issues. If it works for you, fine. It doesn't (100%) for others. Personally I never tried.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support Multiple PVR backends1