NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-05-18, 01:27)nickr Wrote: From the same wikipeia article I referred to earlier:
Quote: 4K Blu-ray Disc technology will be licensed in the spring or summer of 2015, and 4K Blu-ray Disc players have an expected release date of Christmas 2015.

I guess that is a reference to northern hemisphere spring/summer.

You may see 4K BD players and get the >10 movies out on 4K disc (if your lucky), but that isn't going to be helpful getting those movies on your HD to add to your collection.

You will still need a 4K drive for your PC and software that will rip those discs, it's a good bet that they have some sort of new protection for 4K. So unless you're only interested in playing individual discs or streaming from sites like Netflix, Amazon, etc. none of this really means anything for Kodi users.

Besides, I don't know why people are all that wound up over 4K. Yeah, it may be great for landscape scene, nature or CGI (although if it's bad in 1080p it's going to be even worse in 4K), but most movies have people in them and that will make 4K like looking in one of those 20X magnification mirrors. Personally, I don't want to watch a movie, see a close up of an actor and feel like I'm looking at the surface of the moon (because you can see every pore on their face).
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by Tinwarble - 2015-05-18, 07:25
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9