NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-05-26, 02:23)natethomas Wrote: I don't have one, but I can answer the external player question. We have not had a single conversation with NVIDIA about using external players. I don't know if they have one waiting in the wings, but frankly I'd be surprised if they did. They are working pretty closely with us with the goal of making the internal Kodi player the best one we could use.

In emails so far, 3D ISOs haven't particularly been discussed. Since so few of us are interested in MVC 3D, that kind of question doesn't get answered much. koying may have more knowledge on the issue, but I wouldn't get my hopes up on that point until somebody from our end actually mentions it.

I'm sure someone will instantly chime in disagreeing with me... I would love to have MKV 3d MVC support but it is the cherry on top and not the ice cream. I am fine with using my blu ray player for those movies that I want to watch in 3d. I say this for one reason that unlike 24p, HD audio, a proper deinterlacer, and all three blu ray codecs in order for me to watch a 3d movie I have to get off my butt and get the glasses. So at the very least it isn't a passive thing (no pun intended) and since I'm getting up to get the glasses with the intent to watch 3d I'm not that sore if I have to get the disc and put it in the player. I don't just think, "lets continue on the couch and watch a 3d movie". It's a mood I'm in for 3d and an active theater experience. All those other things (and netflix) trump 3d for me and it isn't that close. If the option were there I would be down for it and willing to pay a little extra to get it done. But I'm also willing to do that for everything else I mentioned when OEMs cheap out and don't include hardware licenses. It's a shame Google hasn't delivered a way for us to buy codec licensing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by drhill - 2015-05-26, 02:34
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9